RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-14, 11:37 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
I'd say the 2000 GT, AE86, MR2, Celica ALLTRAC/GT4, and Supra are some pretty decent heritage credentials for Toyota.

What a lot of BMW and Mercedez fanbois in the states don't realize is that they sell lower end basic cars in Europe that are nothing really special. I've seen plenty of BMW and Benzes with lack of options there that these guys would never expect, such as:

hubcaps
roll-up windows
cloth or vinyl seats
no air conditioning
4 cylinder N/A low-power engines in 3 and 5 series.
crappy radio/speakers
unimpressive suspensions
cheapo interior plastics

etc...

They have cars that are "Camry" and "Corolla" like. They just don't bring them here. They're still good cars, just nothing to write home about. So just because they don't have a "lower" brand like Toyota is to Lexus, they have cars that are somewhat comparable. A cheap BMW/Benz will still be more expensive than a Toyota, but not necessarily better equipped. I'd say that the fact that they don't make FWD is what would be the real separator.
Exactly.

Also, BMW and MB both make FWD cars now.
Old 05-22-14, 09:40 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
I'd say the 2000 GT, AE86, MR2, Celica ALLTRAC/GT4, and Supra are some pretty decent heritage credentials for Toyota.

What a lot of BMW and Mercedez fanbois in the states don't realize is that they sell lower end basic cars in Europe that are nothing really special. I've seen plenty of BMW and Benzes with lack of options there that these guys would never expect, such as:

hubcaps
roll-up windows
cloth or vinyl seats
no air conditioning
4 cylinder N/A low-power engines in 3 and 5 series.
crappy radio/speakers
unimpressive suspensions
cheapo interior plastics

etc...

They have cars that are "Camry" and "Corolla" like. They just don't bring them here. They're still good cars, just nothing to write home about. So just because they don't have a "lower" brand like Toyota is to Lexus, they have cars that are somewhat comparable. A cheap BMW/Benz will still be more expensive than a Toyota, but not necessarily better equipped. I'd say that the fact that they don't make FWD is what would be the real separator.
Standard Halogen in some applications too
Old 05-23-14, 09:33 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lovin' the RC-F, except for that wart-like bulge in the hood. But in dark colors, dropped on some nice shoes, the bulgey hood will diminish.

Lexus has almost gone crazy with these polarizing designs. No, I don't love every one of them, but I'm glad they're boldly stepping out there right now, damn near shocking the automotive landscape with the oversized grilles and flaired lines.

For me, this RC-F with a proper V8, it's looking like the Lexus I want next. My 2013 GS is a nice ride, even handles great, but I still want a torquey V8. The V6 isn't slow, I just don't like listening to it. Many times, I'd rather jump in my modded 2001 V8 GS and race around my favorite back roads just for the aural pleasure. I'll never discount again how much the sound and feel of the engine adds to the overall driving experience in a significant way.

Once my lease is up, I think the RC-F is up next. And I may actually buy the RC-F....if it handles well (to be expected) and if it sounds great (thank goodness Lexus is still making a V8).

Last edited by KevinGS; 05-23-14 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-24-14, 06:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Lovin' the RC-F, except for that wart-like bulge in the hood. But in dark colors, dropped on some nice shoes, the bulgey hood will diminish.

Lexus has almost gone crazy with these polarizing designs. No, I don't love every one of them, but I'm glad they're boldly stepping out there right now, damn near shocking the automotive landscape with the oversized grilles and flaired lines.

For me, this RC-F with a proper V8, it's looking like the Lexus I want next. My 2013 GS is a nice ride, even handles great, but I still want a torquey V8. The V6 isn't slow, I just don't like listening to it. Many times, I'd rather jump in my modded 2001 V8 GS and race around my favorite back roads just for the aural pleasure. I'll never discount again how much the sound and feel of the engine adds to the overall driving experience in a significant way.

Once my lease is up, I think the RC-F is up next. And I may actually buy the RC-F....if it handles well (to be expected) and if it sounds great (thank goodness Lexus is still making a V8).
Whats up dude! Didn't realize you picked up a 2013 GS! Glad to see an O.G still here with one of the new Lexus models. I agree with your thoughts as usual.
Old 05-25-14, 04:18 AM
zema
Driver

Old 05-25-14, 06:45 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexFather
Whats up dude! Didn't realize you picked up a 2013 GS! Glad to see an O.G still here with one of the new Lexus models. I agree with your thoughts as usual.
Hey LF!

Yes, my 4GS is a hoot to drive. But still love the rawness of my 2GS, modded perfectly to my pleasure. Turning in the 4GS in another year, as I knew I didn't want to own one, and with my business, leasing made sense.

Plus, the next car I purchase, it will have 2 doors.

Enter the RC.

And I need a V8 (or a blown 6).

Enter the RC-F.

This thing looks great, will certainly handle well, and with the V8 (and an aftermarket exhaust), will sound mean. Love it! I will just have to get over that hood, though I never did with the IS-F.

I almost left Lexus and went German (M3) or American (CTS-V), but I just couldn't seem to pull the trigger for a myriad of reasons.

The RC line arrives for me in the nick of time.
Old 05-25-14, 10:44 AM
eoph
Pit Crew

I think the hood on the RCF ain't too bad......considering they designed the RCF first then made the normal RC.....unlike the ISF.
Old 05-25-14, 11:44 AM
Hoovey689

Such an exotic profile combined with it's best F/LFA attributes coupled with Lexus luxury and reliability.

So what magazine will be the first to drop BMW like it's hot and rave about Lexus all the time from hence forth
Old 05-25-14, 01:02 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Looks are definitely great
Old 05-25-14, 08:11 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I popped over to take a look. Not as bad as you'd think, though lots of comments about the front "trying too hard" and the usual spindle grill comments, but lots of compliments as well.
they are saying something negative about another cars grille? lmfao!!!!thats hilarious..i got an idea bmw,how about u make a change in ur grille from every car u have ever made! wow, bmw made good cars...20+ years ago.
Old 05-26-14, 11:25 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 182 Likes on 73 Posts

Rc-f looks pretty nice. Now I gotta work hard and buy this beast within few years!
Old 05-28-14, 01:59 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I'm not sure if it just me but the editors make the BMW pictures much more crisper and clearer than the Lexus pics especially the interior one. Also, the RCF and Lexus words were reversed? The editors seem to be biased making the Lexus pics kind of blurry relative to the same Bimmer pics.
Old 06-02-14, 06:57 PM
zema
Driver

Old 06-02-14, 07:00 PM
Hoovey689

BMW M picked the wrong time to go soft against Lexus F
Old 06-02-14, 07:15 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

oh boy imagine this with headers and exhaust sounds just like the RCF gauge simulator

Quick Reply: Lexus RC F vs BMW M4 side by side pics