Notices
RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

350 FS Keyless Entry Touch Issue

Old 03-12-19, 08:35 AM
HewittTech
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 350 FS Keyless Entry Touch Issue

When I approach my car and grab the handle to unlock it it sometimes takes a second or two or an extra pull of the handle before it will unlock.
First thing I did was replace the batteries in both my fobs a couple months ago.
Looking into this I also didn't realize you can lock the doors with a touch. This too takes a second or two to work or a sencod or third touch to the handle.
I typically have my key fob hanging out of my jean pocket so it shouldn't be a signal issue and it does it with both fobs.
Just wondering if anyone else has a similar problem or if that is just the normal operation which is annoyance because compared to the keyless touch entry on our 15' 4runner ltd. it kind of sucks.
Old 03-13-19, 01:07 PM
scooky
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine has always taken a little extra moment more than I wish it did.
If I just walk up and yank it, it doesn't work. I don't think I'd call it 2 seconds though.
I've "mostly" trained myself to pause very briefly in the handle.
Ditto with locking.

Did this change suddenly or drift over time?
Old 03-13-19, 01:16 PM
HewittTech
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the response scooky. It has been that way since I got it last year. I had one fob with a low battery so I figured that was just it but I replaced both batteries and it made no difference. You are right it is not 2 seconds but it will take two attempts before it unlocks. I am used to just being in my stride when I go to get in a car and the 4runner seams to work like it knows I am getting ready to ****** the door open and hop in.
I just want to confirm this is normal for the vehicle or something else is going on because even though I know it is going to do it, I still get frustrated having to pause or pull the handle twice. If anyone else has this problem or can confirm it is not normal please let me know.
Old 03-13-19, 05:10 PM
MKenM
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same problem some of the time. When locked if you pull on the handle before the car has a chance to recognize the fob (and a hand with or without a glove) it won't open. When trying to lock the car a touch of the handle close to the back (the unhinged side) of it works but sometime it doe not lock instantly.
Old 03-14-19, 06:08 AM
louczar
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Same here for locking or unlocking the car. Sometimes it is <= a second, the rest of the time it is ~2 seconds. I've never been bothered by it...just need to be in the habit of waiting an extra second before pulling on the handle or walking away after touching the handle to lock.
Old 03-15-19, 04:02 AM
mpugeda
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with all the other comments. The same goes for our 14 IS350 and 15 RC350.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 350 FS Keyless Entry Touch Issue

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: