RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-19, 05:54 PM
aT0m
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Louvers

What does everyone think about louvers on our RC? I've been seriously considering them and think it would look great on our cars.

I've been talking with Zakustech about getting louvers made for the RC. Took my car in the other week for them to start the process and R&D. They wanted to see if there were other people interested in the louvers. Right now its still being prototyped, but they got all the measurements from my car and are putting something together. They want 5 people who are serious about it before they go too far into it, so if anyone is interested, please let me know. If we can get the ball rolling, I can reach out to them to let them know there is enough interest in the project. The test one is being made from metal, but they're going to make a carbon fiber version for production as well. I attached some photos of what their louvers look like.

The following users liked this post:
Z28302 (06-03-19)
Old 01-31-19, 11:59 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Can they provide a 3D model of what they look like on a white or silver RC? I only suggest those colors so there's visual contrast.
Old 02-01-19, 05:49 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

From looking at their website looks like carbon fiber louvers would cost about $1000. I like them a lot, but maybe not for a grand.
Old 02-01-19, 07:38 AM
Wilzzonn
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aT0m
What does everyone think about louvers on our RC? I've been seriously considering them and think it would look great on our cars.

I've been talking with Zakustech about getting louvers made for the RC. Took my car in the other week for them to start the process and R&D. They wanted to see if there were other people interested in the louvers. Right now its still being prototyped, but they got all the measurements from my car and are putting something together. They want 5 people who are serious about it before they go too far into it, so if anyone is interested, please let me know. If we can get the ball rolling, I can reach out to them to let them know there is enough interest in the project. The test one is being made from metal, but they're going to make a carbon fiber version for production as well. I attached some photos of what their louvers look like.
Man, I've been searching for someone to make louvers for our cars for over a year now. I've called countless shops but no one wants to make them just for one car, understandably so. I've almost pulled the trigger on making it myself. PLEASE keep me updated on this, but I would probably go for a plastic model. The CF for ~1K doesn't seam worth it to me either.
Old 02-01-19, 07:22 PM
aT0m
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
Can they provide a 3D model of what they look like on a white or silver RC? I only suggest those colors so there's visual contrast.
They're still in the early stages so I'm not sure if they have one made yet, but I'll reach out to them and ask.

Originally Posted by 15RC350F
From looking at their website looks like carbon fiber louvers would cost about $1000. I like them a lot, but maybe not for a grand.
Originally Posted by Wilzzonn
Man, I've been searching for someone to make louvers for our cars for over a year now. I've called countless shops but no one wants to make them just for one car, understandably so. I've almost pulled the trigger on making it myself. PLEASE keep me updated on this, but I would probably go for a plastic model. The CF for ~1K doesn't seam worth it to me either.
I know they're planning on a metal one during R&D and will likely make the cf version after. I'll keep everyone posted as the project moves along, but it would be great to hear everyone's opinion so I can give them feedback on what the community is leaning towards.
Old 02-04-19, 06:53 PM
ProwlerRC
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep me posted on this! I'd love to see a mockup! I have always wanted louvers on a coupe, back in the day I almost purchased a Subaru BRZ and planned on putting louvers. If it looks just as good...I may look to put them on my RC...it's not like I can see out the rear window anyway. I'm also looking to have a custom hood created in the future with vents/intakes...
Old 02-04-19, 09:26 PM
nelBi
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd definitely be interested once they come out with a 3D model or pricing
Old 03-25-19, 07:52 PM
dschaefer
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have to see a picture of them on an RC. I'm afraid louvers were popular in the 80's, wonder are they making a comeback? My 1973 240Z had some. They looked nice.
Old 03-25-19, 09:52 PM
Jdholmes
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’d like to see an image...
Old 03-26-19, 07:10 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

The fact that there are zero RC cars on the road with louvers right now, after 4.5 years, suggests that louvers are not making a comeback.
Old 03-26-19, 12:45 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't think this will be a huge hit for the RC market IMO. There is already limited visibility in this car and I wouldn't want to reduce that more with these.
Old 05-27-19, 04:22 PM
aT0m
Driver School Candidate

Default Render of the louvers

Here's a couple of renders
The following 4 users liked this post by aT0m:
15RC350F (05-28-19), nelBi (05-27-19), Wilzzonn (05-27-19), Z28302 (06-03-19)
Old 05-27-19, 04:27 PM
Wilzzonn
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bro. Sign me up. I've reached out to a couple of vendors since your original post and have also looked at modifying some made for the Q60s but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I would purchase these as soon as its available if the price was right.
Old 05-28-19, 04:22 PM
nelBi
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

awesome I too would purchase, I have contacted Zakustech on Instagram aswell. Do you know if they made any renders with stock RC's without the rocketbunny kit?
Old 05-28-19, 06:08 PM
2017FSport
Advanced

Received 156 Likes on 111 Posts

Rocketbunny kit = Yes
Louvers = NO!

Not my taste at all!

Quick Reply: Louvers