RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

air lift installed in 2017 rc 350

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-18, 10:52 AM
nomz09
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default air lift installed in 2017 rc 350

does any one here on airlift have some noise on the their suspension when they air out then air up? noticing some noise coming from the suspension like a spring bind or thud when you completely air out and then air up really quickly. But there are no springs and the noise is not coming from the air suspension. but we can hear some noise when doing that. any idea?
Old 10-08-18, 12:08 PM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I have Airlift on my 2013 GS350 F Sport, and I am experiencing the same sound, it sounds like a tire pop right? I've asked the folks at Airlift and they say it's normal. It is the double bellow designed air bags inflating past the metal ring which creates that popping noise when you air up from an aired out position. I only have it on my drivers side, the passenger side doesn't experience this.
I find it annoying and sometimes embarrassing when airing up as it is quite loud, but they've told me that this is normal and should have nothing to worry about.
Old 10-09-18, 06:54 AM
nomz09
Rookie

Originally Posted by TrevorTran
I have Airlift on my 2013 GS350 F Sport, and I am experiencing the same sound, it sounds like a tire pop right? I've asked the folks at Airlift and they say it's normal. It is the double bellow designed air bags inflating past the metal ring which creates that popping noise when you air up from an aired out position. I only have it on my drivers side, the passenger side doesn't experience this.
I find it annoying and sometimes embarrassing when airing up as it is quite loud, but they've told me that this is normal and should have nothing to worry about.

yup! i sent airlift the video of that thud sound and samething, they said it is normal and depends on humidity. it does sounds annoying but it is what it is..just weird when i know others with same cars dont have this stupid thud sounds
The following users liked this post:
TrevorTran (10-10-18)
Old 10-10-18, 08:22 AM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I have noticed that when I air out on a slightly uneven surface, the "min height" error comes on, but when I air up, it doesn't make that thud sound. Then again, it's at ~20 psi, not 0 psi, so maybe that's the workaround?
Old 10-25-18, 09:46 AM
undergrou6
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nomz09
does any one here on airlift have some noise on the their suspension when they air out then air up? noticing some noise coming from the suspension like a spring bind or thud when you completely air out and then air up really quickly. But there are no springs and the noise is not coming from the air suspension. but we can hear some noise when doing that. any idea?
i have that issue, sounds like a clunky sound. I’m actually taking the car back to the shop that installed the airlift this weekend so they can check it out.
Old 10-25-18, 12:27 PM
nomz09
Rookie

Originally Posted by undergrou6

i have that issue, sounds like a clunky sound. I’m actually taking the car back to the shop that installed the airlift this weekend so they can check it out.

i can almost guarantee they will say the same that it is normal according to airlift. we escalated this to airlift already and they said it is normal and it all depends on the humidity and etc...
Old 10-25-18, 12:32 PM
undergrou6
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah I’m sure, we’ll like others have said it’s pretty annoying. It doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen enough to annoy the **** out of me.
Old 10-25-18, 01:16 PM
nomz09
Rookie

Originally Posted by undergrou6
Yeah I’m sure, we’ll like others have said it’s pretty annoying. It doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen enough to annoy the **** out of me.
yeah i hear you. it is indeed annoying and we did complain this to airlift. but they said its normal and said That noise sounds like the bellow of the bag are suctioning together, and when airing up the suction breaks. That is completely normal on and application using a double bellow bag. sametime depends on humidity. trust me, i hate it too but it is what it is