RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Adaptive Variable Suspension

Old 06-21-18, 09:06 AM
HewittTech
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Adaptive Variable Suspension

Picked up a 15' RC350 F-Sport that I just posted in the new member/car thread.
Can anyone with the Adaptive Variable Suspension confirm that it is actually an option that is on your accessories list?
Could it just be included in the F-Sport package and not listed separatly like the Variable Gear Ratio Steering is on my accessory list?
I was told it had it and most the F-Sports come with it but just trying to verify what I was told.
I haven't had a chance to aggressively compare the eco and sport+ again (suspension wise) after I lowered the tire pressure to where it is supposed to be.
Old 06-21-18, 09:14 AM
HewittTech
Rookie

Guess I didn't get too far in the brochure..

FSPORT
Adaptive Variable Suspension with SPORT S+ mode // High-friction front brake pads4 (RWD only) // Sport Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)24 // FSPORT 19-in split-10-spoke alloy wheels with summer (RWD) or all-season (AWD) tires3 // LFA-inspired instrumentation // FSPORT grille, front fascia, fender and rear badges // Blind Spot Monitor5 with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert20 // Heated and ventilated front sport seats // Lexus Memory System for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering column // Perforated leather-trimmed shift **** and steering wheel with FSPORT logo // Heated steering wheel (AWD only) // Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column // Aluminum sport pedals // Stainless-steel door sills // Silver Performance trim // Black headliner

It would also appear that this thing has the Luxury Package as well as every single individual option! WIN! Only thing it doesn't have is the All-Weather Package which is AWD only!
Old 06-21-18, 10:23 AM
RC350s
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by HewittTech
Guess I didn't get too far in the brochure..

FSPORT
Adaptive Variable Suspension with SPORT S+ mode // High-friction front brake pads4 (RWD only) // Sport Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)24 // FSPORT 19-in split-10-spoke alloy wheels with summer (RWD) or all-season (AWD) tires3 // LFA-inspired instrumentation // FSPORT grille, front fascia, fender and rear badges // Blind Spot Monitor5 with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert20 // Heated and ventilated front sport seats // Lexus Memory System for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering column // Perforated leather-trimmed shift **** and steering wheel with FSPORT logo // Heated steering wheel (AWD only) // Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column // Aluminum sport pedals // Stainless-steel door sills // Silver Performance trim // Black headliner

It would also appear that this thing has the Luxury Package as well as every single individual option! WIN! Only thing it doesn't have is the All-Weather Package which is AWD only!
Yes, all RC F-Sports have AVS. You can also visibly confirm the AVS by popping the hood and looking for the black AVS motors on top of the strut towers.
Old 06-21-18, 11:22 AM
HewittTech
Rookie

Yep, I did notice those when I was checking it all out and thought that is what it was but just wasn't sure. Thought it could have just been part of stability or traction control. The traction control is SUPERB by the way! I have pushed it into a couple of turns really hard feeling it out and when it has kicked in and I have left rubber I never even felt it even thought the light was flickering. Now I am just going to have to resist the urge to drive around all the time in sport or + mode. The variable steering is equally as amazing, turn on a dime a low speed and instant lane change flicks when at speed.
I would love to know what the Dynamic Rear Steering brings to the table, literally the only thing this one doesn't have.

Last edited by HewittTech; 06-21-18 at 11:30 AM.