RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Order Tracking

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-18, 06:47 AM
Captsprock
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Order Tracking

Hi all, I just ordered a new 2018 RC 350 F Sport three weeks ago. I'm curious to know whether there is any way to track the progress on my order, so I can get a better idea of when to expect it to come in. I have an offer on my old car but can't be down to just my wife's car and a motorcycle for too long. Don't know whether to sell it now and wait or hang on to it until I hear it is at the dealer and then see if the offer is still valid. Info on tracking the order and your opinions on selling my old car are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to my new RC!
Old 02-10-18, 04:35 AM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you do a special order through your Lexus dealership or are they locating a vehicle for you? If it's a special order there is no way for you to track it except to keep bugging your sales consultant to keep you updated. Even he will have limited info on the status (unless Lexus has changed things in the last 1.5 years). If you did a special order you can expect it to take up to 3 months. Did you order it with any port installed options (F Sport exhaust, Illuminated door sills, etc) if so that could delay it more. I hope your dealership properly set your expectations ahead of time.
The following users liked this post:
Captsprock (02-10-18)
Old 02-10-18, 01:38 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

No, they won't have any way to track it. It'll average 3-4 months unless there are delays in Japan. Our ordered on early Jan '16 but production didn't start till late Jan '16 coz of one week shut down after the earthquake. Got our car early May. But our salesman did update us on what part of process that car was on like it's on quality inspection, then ready to be shipped. But nothing in detail the first 2 months.
Captsprock (02-10-18)
Old 02-10-18, 02:02 PM
Captsprock
Driver School Candidate

Thank you both for the response. Yes, I did order through the dealer with no special “port” installed options. I was just curious if there was any tracking. I know Mini Coopers can be tracked, at least that is what I heard. The salesman was very upfront with me saying it could be 3-4 months. Will probably be looking at end of May. Really looking forward to getting this car. Love the looks of it. Thanks again!
Old 02-16-18, 03:58 PM
alrozrc350
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Captsprock -

I have a 2017 RC 350 F sport and also ordered my car via the dealer. Gave a down payment 12/16, received the car 4/17.
What color did you get? I have the InfraRed. Correct, no way to track the car on progress however; if I am correct, your sales rep
may be able to find out the progress during its course.
The best to you.
Old 02-19-18, 01:33 PM
Captsprock
Driver School Candidate

Things have changed drastically, folks! Instead of waiting 4 months for my car to come in, I found another dealer that had just received a 2018 RC 350 F Sport with the exact configurations that I had ordered! I drove 3 hours up to see the car and made the deal right then and there! Ended up driving my new car home not having to wait for the other one to come in. I hated to do it to the other dealer but this one actually gave me a much better deal on my trade and did not have any dealer fees, so I jumped. I got the Flare Yellow and it is SHARP! That color just jumps in the sunlight! If you haven't seen one, take a look when you can and see what I mean. I had a nice 3 hour introduction drive home in it and loved every mile! Glad to be a part of the Lexus family.
Old 02-19-18, 01:56 PM
alrozrc350
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Captsprock,

Nice, good luck to you
Captsprock (02-19-18)
Old 02-19-18, 03:01 PM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats! Yeah, you pretty much always get a better deal on an in-stock car than on a special order. I didn't realize that was the color you wanted; no wonder you couldn't find one in stock like you wanted, dealers are always so scared of requesting the really exciting colors.
I am very interested in seeing the flare yellow! I have not yet seen one and you are the first I know to get one. Be sure to post some pics ASAP!
Old 02-19-18, 03:39 PM
Captsprock
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gkcmilner
Congrats! Yeah, you pretty much always get a better deal on an in-stock car than on a special order. I didn't realize that was the color you wanted; no wonder you couldn't find one in stock like you wanted, dealers are always so scared of requesting the really exciting colors.
I am very interested in seeing the flare yellow! I have not yet seen one and you are the first I know to get one. Be sure to post some pics ASAP!
I will certainly try to do so as soon as I can. The crappy part about getting the car is, I had to fly out of town on business the next day and am gone for a week with the car sitting in the garage until I get home!

I was a bit afraid of the yellow not having seen it before. I traded in a 5th Gen Camaro in the Rally Yellow and Black (yes, I like yellow) and didn't know how the Flare Yellow would look. With the metal flake in the Flare Yellow, it gives it a pearlized look to it and it really pops in the light! From what I have heard, granted, they could be blowing smoke up my you-know-what, the Flare Yellow will be limited production with only about 100 produced nationwide. If that is really true, I am so glad I got this!