RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Help with Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-17, 03:45 PM
StratonAce
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Wheels

Hello everyone. I'm wanting to get some new wheels for my 2015 RC 350 F Sport and I was wondering if any of you can help in determining which of the wheels I'm interested in will work with my setup.

First, the car is not lowered and I doubt that I will be lowering it, so it is sitting at stock height.

I'm considering the following wheels:

Advan GT
Work Zeast ST1 (I very much would like the concave faces)
Work Meister (any of the variations)
Volk TE37 (any of the variations)

Right now I'm really, really wanting the Advan GTs or the Work Zeast ST1s.

I'd like to go for 20 inch wheels, but to get the wheels I want, I'm willing to drop down to 19s.

So, does anyone know if any of the above wheels will work on a stock-height RC 350, and if so, what kind of sizes and offsets?

I'd like to have the wheels/tires flush with the fenders, but not poking out.
Old 10-22-17, 02:12 PM
DannyN1052
Driver School Candidate

TE37 are my all time favorite wheels, but tbh, if you get it in the right size it would look perfect. If you want something flush, I'd go with a 20x9.5 with an offset of around +25-35 and run 265/35 tires on them
Old 10-23-17, 05:51 AM
louczar
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by StratonAce
Hello everyone. I'm wanting to get some new wheels for my 2015 RC 350 F Sport and I was wondering if any of you can help in determining which of the wheels I'm interested in will work with my setup.

First, the car is not lowered and I doubt that I will be lowering it, so it is sitting at stock height.

Advan GT

I'd like to go for 20 inch wheels, but to get the wheels I want, I'm willing to drop down to 19s.

So, does anyone know if any of the above wheels will work on a stock-height RC 350, and if so, what kind of sizes and offsets?

I have been considering replacing my stock rear wheels with a set of stock front wheels to get the same tire size all the way around. This would be so I could rotate my tires properly.

If you do upgrade your wheels, please send me an IM if you are interested in selling your stock fronts
Old 10-25-17, 09:50 AM
izzodesh
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StratonAce

Advan GT

te 37 love em but over done
zeast in 19s so you can track 20 looks good but so heavy and risk damaging them on potholes.
Old 10-25-17, 10:08 AM
StratonAce
Driver School Candidate

I managed to snag some 20 inch Advan GT Premiums in polished black through Evasive Motorsports. I also have a Nissan 350z with 19 inch TE37SLs and I also got them through Evasive.

Anyway, the GTs were actually on this car for a while it seems...
http://www.forcegt.com/wp-content/up...ar-quarter.jpg
http://www.japanesesportcars.com/pho...14sema-013.jpg

It looks like they fit rather well. The specs, for posterity:

Advan GT Premium Set 20x9 +38 & 20x11 +39 5x114.3

I've not got the wheels yet, should have them maybe this week, but more likely by next week. Once I get them and get them installed, I can post pics if anyone wants.
Old 11-04-17, 05:14 PM
StratonAce
Driver School Candidate

Well, I finally got the wheels on, still no drop at this point... and sadly I've run into a problem. Either the rear offset is no good, or the wheels are just too wide, or the tires are too wide. Or maybe a combination of all three.

The tires I went with are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's. 265/30/20 and 295/30/20

And, once again, the wheels are: Advan GT Premium Set 20x9 +38 & 20x11 +39 5x114.3

The fronts seem to be fine, but in the rear the fenders are smacking into the tops of the tires every time I go through a dip.

So, what we are going to try is to swap out the 295's with 285's and also get a camber kit. Hopefully switching to the 285's and with a camber adjustment we can get it to where the car is not bottoming out. Sadly, with this situation, I don't see how I can lower the car. If it's already hitting fenders at stock height, lowering it will just make the situation much worse. I can maybe drop the front half an inch, but I don't think there are any springs that give only a half-inch drop. Maybe I can custom order a pair, I don't know.
Attached Thumbnails Help with Wheels-wheels_01.jpg   Help with Wheels-wheels_02.jpg  
Old 11-07-17, 09:21 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Definitely going to need to have a smaller tire in the rear. Roll that little tiny rear lip on the inside and that should also give it a small pull and lower with max camber on stock arms. Setup looks good though.