RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Opinion on Molten Pearl Color

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-17, 08:16 AM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Color is purely personal and subjective. I only bought my RC because of molten pearl. The color sold me on the car. I have received more compliments from strangers on this car than any other new car I've owned. I am also quite confident that many other people wondered why anyone would buy a car in this color.

Old 09-08-17, 07:08 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gkcmilner
Color is purely personal and subjective. I only bought my RC because of molten pearl. The color sold me on the car. I have received more compliments from strangers on this car than any other new car I've owned. I am also quite confident that many other people wondered why anyone would buy a car in this color.
Likewise with the compliments on my Ultrasonic Blue Mica RC. Almost every day.
Old 10-17-17, 11:24 AM
RSee
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Love mine...

The following users liked this post:
Bubbles736 (01-30-20)
Old 10-18-17, 02:52 PM
WayneLaR1
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this color the same as the "Solar Flare" available in Canada? Looks similar. If it is I say go for it. Seeing a Solar Flare RC in Halifax is what convinced me to buy an RC. Absolutely stunning color choice.
Old 10-18-17, 03:12 PM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

@RSee - Sweet car! Which springs are you on?

@WayneLaR1 - Solar Flare and Molten Pearl are the same. Are Canadians and Americans so different that we need such different names for the same color???
Old 10-18-17, 05:24 PM
RSee
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gkcmilner
@RSee - Sweet car! Which springs are you on?

@WayneLaR1 - Solar Flare and Molten Pearl are the same. Are Canadians and Americans so different that we need such different names for the same color???
I'm gliding on RsR down springs.
Old 10-19-17, 02:39 PM
WayneLaR1
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

@WayneLaR1 - Solar Flare and Molten Pearl are the same. Are Canadians and Americans so different that we need such different names for the same color??? [/QUOTE]ah, We're not that different. I don't get it either. That said, I like the name solar flare better. More indicative of the actual color.
Old 01-29-20, 12:29 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Received 336 Likes on 155 Posts
Default Molten Pearl Awesome Color!

I have owned my RCF for five years and I still love the color. Glad that it’s not available anymore, makes them more rare!

Old 01-30-20, 07:22 AM
Bubbles736
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously completely subjective, but I love the molten pearl. It really stands out when 90% of the cars on the road seem to be white, black, or in between. It looks particularly sharp with the roof and a few other things black like RSee and some others have done. Mine is infrared because I couldn't find a good example of the MP in AWD when I was shopping. Definitely holding out for the MP when I am ready to move to an F.
Old 01-30-20, 07:41 AM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

You asked for opinion so I'll share. I don't want to sound too negative. Just sharing my life experience, not trying to tell anyone what to do.

I agree it's a subjective thing. Some people will love this color and said so above. I respect their likes. They are just different than mine.
Hard to say on market value. I feel it must have "some" negative impact. I don't know how to quantify that. Some people, like myself, would never own this color. Zero possibility. I would have to guess that the number of people that would be open to this color is quite a bit smaller than other colors. That's the speculation on the math.
Having said that, tons of people drive white and black cars. Resale is probably good. But there is almost zero chance I'll own either a black or white vehicle at any point in my life.

I have a variable in my life I call "Smile Factor". Over the decades, I've learned to incorporate this into my equations. No it doesn't mean you can have everything your heart desires, balances have to be made. I have an RC, not an LC...
I tend to own my vehicles for 10-15 years. Over that length of time, I'm far more interested in what makes me smile every day than other factors.
If this makes you smile, but your nervous about the resale, I'd focus on smile factor.
If your smile factor is nervous about the color, that's worth listening to imho.
The following users liked this post:
krill (03-27-23)
Old 01-30-20, 04:27 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,541 Likes on 1,731 Posts

This is just my opinion and while I have traditionally being buying white vehicles, I would certainly consider getting one of these if available. There is something about this color that really "grabs me" and I can't quite put my finger on it....But I am envious of those that have one as they have a very uniqueness about them
Old 01-30-20, 06:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I was unsure how the color would grow on me when I purchased it. But, 2.5 years on I am very pleased I did and certainly would not want another color. It is an attention magnet everywhere

Old 01-31-20, 10:25 AM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

I think this is one of those colors that could look really cool with one of the clear matt or satin skins on it. Give it that soft texture.
I really like a vehicle around here that has satin charcoal grey.
Unfortunately skinning the entire car properly huts pocket pretty bad.