RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Suggested Mods on RC350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-17, 01:59 AM
ciscokid
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Suggested Mods on RC350 F Sport

What mods would you suggest (your favorites) that give you the biggest bang for the buck, either performance, looks, etc?

What I like about this forum is that I get fairly educated and articulated reasons for why someone did what. My previous Lexus was the 1999 SC400 which I loved but with 185,000 miles it was just not worth it to put any $ into it and time for a new (my first one ever) car,. I did many mods on that car. That and the fact that my honey said she'd leave me for another guy that had a hot car was also some motivation (just kidding). I am retired but still think like a kid (my honey says child who wants toys - yeah, so what and what's her point?) and look forward to your opinions.Thanks.

-CK
The following users liked this post:
17IS200t (04-13-23)
Old 05-29-17, 02:17 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

The mod bug is a very personal thing, to get a woman to understand this is VERY rare, the RC350 looks great to start with lots of mods on this forum but don't expect much in the way of great power mods unless supercharged or turbo good luck and enjoy the car. You could always trade in for a RCF....

Last edited by isfvss; 05-29-17 at 04:11 AM. Reason: forgot
Old 05-29-17, 05:17 AM
ciscokid
Rookie

Originally Posted by isfvss
The mod bug is a very personal thing, to get a woman to understand this is VERY rare, the RC350 looks great to start with lots of mods on this forum but don't expect much in the way of great power mods unless supercharged or turbo good luck and enjoy the car. You could always trade in for a RCF....
Yeah when I bought my 2015 RC350 F Sport I did consider the RCF (even though I didn't drive it - otherwise I might have been tempted to buy one) but did not need(or really justify the higher price tag (think it was about $10K more?). The RC350 F Sport was just fine. This is a very quick car and in Sport S+ mode a blast to drive. I just started using that mode all the time so it will be interesting to see the MPG difference (I track all mileage, MPG, etc.).
Deanspeed (06-30-19)
Old 05-29-17, 11:47 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

RR Racing makes a tune for the RC350 if you're seeking more power, i would definitely go for an exhaust and intake though, the stock exhaust is too boring for my taste
RyRy14 (06-02-20)
Old 05-29-17, 01:53 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r
RR Racing makes a tune for the RC350 if you're seeking more power, i would definitely go for an exhaust and intake though, the stock exhaust is too boring for my taste
I second that. I went with the Takeda -- and -- the Lexus F-Sport Performance Exhaust (this is a factory option and comes with a rear diffuser) -- sounds very clean.
Old 05-29-17, 04:14 PM
ciscokid
Rookie

FWIW, operating in Sport S+ mode with Lead Foot Larry at the wheel reduced my efficiency by about 2 MPG. Worth every penny.

-CK
Old 05-29-17, 05:50 PM
ALE81
Driver

I vote for the Apexi Throttle Controller. Inexpensive mod that works wonders for the responsiveness of the RC.
Old 05-30-17, 09:51 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Takeda intake, swift springs, ark exhaust..

Contact us with your budget and we'll recommend some parts!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-31-17, 12:59 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

In my experience with car modding, they do differ from car to car, but it has always been the same initial changes....I feel cars should come stock with the following already done at this point honestly.

1. Tinted windows
2. swap out yellow interior/trunk bulbs to white
3. drop (lower your car) atleast a little (many other cars come standard with a much better stance than the pathetic AWD version of the RC)
4. detail your car and seal it

The car looks so good as it is...incase you didn't realize it already so there may not be much you want to do. :P

Another thing I learned while modding, was to avoid things that remove from a cars functionality, may damage a car, or are irreversible. What I mean is, I would advise to use quality parts and professional installation when attempting to do any mod. For example I would not rip my beautiful console apart to do any custom lighting or sound system or even trust just 'anyone' with an aftermarket alarm install. People will argue that if its done right, it wont matter but in my experience with many businesses' it usually isn't every perfect. Additionally I would avoid doing any mod without the proper research, like 'Bagging' (air suspension) a car from my own personal experience is meant purely for show. The systems many of my friends used were loud, terribly unreliable in cold weather and made the car more dangerous to operate while moving at high speeds. Take your time before committing to change on your 50+K vehicle.

Also remember, that cars depreciate and many of the mods you will do, in most cases anyways, will make your car worth less or less appealing to the majority of potential buyers if you do ever decide to sell it. So it may be better to put things back together before selling which is another thing to think about. Still this shouldn't stop you from being creative and personalizing your own best version of your car!

Hope this helps!
WLauer13 (02-02-20)
Old 05-31-17, 01:16 PM
ciscokid
Rookie

Originally Posted by suvi2k
In my experience with car modding, they do differ from car to car, but it has always been the same initial changes....I feel cars should come stock with the following already done at this point honestly.

1. Tinted windows
3. drop (lower your car) atleast a little (many other cars come standard with a much better stance than the pathetic AWD version of the RC)

The car looks so good as it is...incase you didn't realize it already so there may not be much you want to do. :P

Another thing I learned while modding, was to avoid things that remove from a cars functionality, may damage a car, or are irreversible. What I mean is, I would advise to use quality parts and professional installation when attempting to do any mod. For example I would not rip my beautiful console apart to do any custom lighting or sound system or even trust just 'anyone' with an aftermarket alarm install. People will argue that if its done right, it wont matter but in my experience with many businesses' it usually isn't every perfect. Additionally I would avoid doing any mod without the proper research, like 'Bagging' (air suspension) a car from my own personal experience is meant purely for show. The systems many of my friends used were loud, terribly unreliable in cold weather and made the car more dangerous to operate while moving at high speeds. Take your time before committing to change on your 50+K vehicle.

Also remember, that cars depreciate and many of the mods you will do, in most cases anyways, will make your car worth less or less appealing to the majority of potential buyers if you do ever decide to sell it. So it may be better to put things back together before selling which is another thing to think about. Still this shouldn't stop you from being creative and personalizing your own best version of your car!

Hope this helps!
Yes it does, thanks. While I did lots of mods to my older SC400 that I sold, this car like you said is already loaded so anything you do should be done with a specific reason in mind. Of your suggestions, #1 was part of the car that came loaded, I like the idea of #2 but would like more specifics on exactly what bulbs you would swap, what bulbs to buy etc. I like this mod because it should be fairly inexpensive. #3 I would not do as I think the car is low enough for my taste. #4 was done but I don't know what you by seal it.

1. Tinted windows

All of the other mods I see suggested by others so far are not for me with a car this new.

-CK
Old 05-31-17, 02:13 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ciscokid
Yes it does, thanks. While I did lots of mods to my older SC400 that I sold, this car like you said is already loaded so anything you do should be done with a specific reason in mind. Of your suggestions, #1 was part of the car that came loaded, I like the idea of #2 but would like more specifics on exactly what bulbs you would swap, what bulbs to buy etc. I like this mod because it should be fairly inexpensive. #3 I would not do as I think the car is low enough for my taste. #4 was done but I don't know what you by seal it.

1. Tinted windows

All of the other mods I see suggested by others so far are not for me with a car this new.

-CK
Thats great...the only bulbs I remember needing to change were the door trim lights (or move to courtesy laser lighting) , and trunk light bulbs. Dont mess with your map lighting even tho only the middle one is white. Even the license plate bulbs on the RC come in white already.

As for the detail and seal, try doing a google search on ceramic pro coating. Also check out my thread I started some time ago for some ideas. I like wrap a lot these days...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...xanne-3-a.html

Hope this helps!
Old 03-23-18, 08:28 PM
PILOTHOU
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nitrous! Mine kicks ***! Spraying 100. breaks tires loose in second and third gear.