RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Anyone have RR RACING ECU UPGRADE TUNE on their car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-17, 04:40 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by poiman
Do you think you can do a 0-60 run with stock and one with the ecu tune? Sounds like a lot of people on the forum wants to see something like that (myself included). Would help greatly. Thanks!
It depends on how much free time I have. More than likely I'll do some 1/4 mile runs after the tune and exhaust are on, and have had time to learn. I should be able to compare my runs to the factory stats of 0-60 in 6 and 14.6 1/4 mile.
Old 05-22-17, 03:18 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

I installed the exhaust and the tune this morning. I haven't had a chance to really test anything out yet, since I also put my summer wheels on and have been waiting at the tire place for tpms program and balancing all afternoon. The ARK is definitely louder than the Tanabe axleback... And I like it! I'll report back after a few runs through the back roads.
Old 05-22-17, 04:06 PM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rcJten
I installed the exhaust and the tune this morning. I haven't had a chance to really test anything out yet, since I also put my summer wheels on and have been waiting at the tire place for tpms program and balancing all afternoon. The ARK is definitely louder than the Tanabe axleback... And I like it! I'll report back after a few runs through the back roads.

Why are you here. Murder that Rc you lucky guy.

If that were me, I'd be M. I. A for the first day speeding, burning rubber and avoiding police.

Report back when you can. Fuel, acceleration, ( vs stock) how the ROOMS react, how fast it revs up.
i wish you only got the tune first then everything after because you are for sure going to see a huge bump with all the performance items you added today.
Old 05-24-17, 02:21 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Ok, I'm here with qualitative results. The car is noticeably faster now, and the 7200 redline is a game changer. In straight line acceleration, the car now pulls as I remember my IS350 did with smooth power up to redline. I did a rough 0-60 using a stopwatch, revving to around 2000rpm for the launch, and the car came in around 5 seconds (as I said, this is not scientific or bulletproof in any way). 5 seconds is a full second off the factory 6 sec mark (4.8 for the 2008 IS350). I live in the hills and have made a few runs through roads I know very well, and yet I felt like I was driving a new car flying into and out of corners faster than what had become routine. So far I am very, very pleased! Unfortunately I am going out of town for two weeks, so the fun is over for now. I am hoping to do some runs at the night drags when I return so I will have some solid numbers to share.
Old 05-25-17, 01:11 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Do you have an android phone? If so, you can try downloading the Torque Pro app along with using an OBD2II Bluetooth adapter to capture your 0-60 times. Not sure how accurate it is compared to using a VBox but it's probably more accurate than using a stopwatch.
Old 05-25-17, 01:59 PM
and3re
Driver

Originally Posted by redspencer
Do you have an android phone? If so, you can try downloading the Torque Pro app along with using an OBD2II Bluetooth adapter to capture your 0-60 times. Not sure how accurate it is compared to using a VBox but it's probably more accurate than using a stopwatch.

Good point. And its Very accurate. It will record speeds, rpm height, they have 0-60 graphs. All types of graphs on that app.
Old 08-10-17, 07:20 PM
and3re
Driver

Any results yet? It's been 3 weeks. What are your thoughts. Any timed speeds?

QUOTE=rcJten;9875113]I installed the exhaust and the tune this morning. I haven't had a chance to really test anything out yet, since I also put my summer wheels on and have been waiting at the tire place for tpms program and balancing all afternoon. The ARK is definitely louder than the Tanabe axleback... And I like it! I'll report back after a few runs through the back roads.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-11-17, 03:09 AM
Carljordan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with RR racing today and I am really interested in their product. I live in baltimore md so traveling there wouldn’t be a issue for me. I am just nervous with lack of reviews on their product I have a 2017 rc 300. Please tell us more results. Maybe pictures or YouTube videos. Are you local as well?

QUOTE=rcJten;9877174]Ok, I'm here with qualitative results. The car is noticeably faster now, and the 7200 redline is a game changer. In straight line acceleration, the car now pulls as I remember my IS350 did with smooth power up to redline. I did a rough 0-60 using a stopwatch, revving to around 2000rpm for the launch, and the car came in around 5 seconds (as I said, this is not scientific or bulletproof in any way). 5 seconds is a full second off the factory 6 sec mark (4.8 for the 2008 IS350). I live in the hills and have made a few runs through roads I know very well, and yet I felt like I was driving a new car flying into and out of corners faster than what had become routine. So far I am very, very pleased! Unfortunately I am going out of town for two weeks, so the fun is over for now. I am hoping to do some runs at the night drags when I return so I will have some solid numbers to share.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-20-17, 01:29 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Carljordan
I spoke with RR racing today and I am really interested in their product. I live in baltimore md so traveling there wouldn’t be a issue for me. I am just nervous with lack of reviews on their product I have a 2017 rc 300. Please tell us more results. Maybe pictures or YouTube videos. Are you local as well?

QUOTE=rcJten;9877174]Ok, I'm here with qualitative results. The car is noticeably faster now, and the 7200 redline is a game changer. In straight line acceleration, the car now pulls as I remember my IS350 did with smooth power up to redline. I did a rough 0-60 using a stopwatch, revving to around 2000rpm for the launch, and the car came in around 5 seconds (as I said, this is not scientific or bulletproof in any way). 5 seconds is a full second off the factory 6 sec mark (4.8 for the 2008 IS350). I live in the hills and have made a few runs through roads I know very well, and yet I felt like I was driving a new car flying into and out of corners faster than what had become routine. So far I am very, very pleased! Unfortunately I am going out of town for two weeks, so the fun is over for now. I am hoping to do some runs at the night drags when I return so I will have some solid numbers to share.
[/QUOTE]

I still haven't been able to make it to the strip to get any solid numbers. I also tried to get a dyno session, but there are no linked AWD dynos in my area. Using the torque app, with my phone secured in a mount, I was able to get a 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds, with a calculated 290 whp (take that value with a huge grain of salt). I believe the factory quotes 6.2 for stock. Also: #1 the AWD is surprisingly horrible for launches, I really felt like I never got a good launch as the car always seemed to bog down for a second immediately after I hit the gas (this is likely the center diff transferring power to the front as it detects slipping in the rear, which seems to function even with TRAC off) , #2 I was doing the 0-60 with my heavy 20" wheels on, so the time should improve with the stock 19" wheels, #3 it was a very warm and muggy day.

All launches were done with trac off. Unfortunately the road I use, which can safely test the 0-60, is not long enough to get a 1/4" time. Fall is quickly approaching in Oregon, so soon the car will go back to stock for winter. I will try and do a few more runs when with the stock wheels on, hopefully bringing the 0-60 time down a few more tenths of a second.

Regardless of 0-60 times, the car pulls so much stronger than it did before the tune and exhaust. The combo of the tune, exhaust, coilovers, USRS (from RR as well), and 20" sticky pilot super sports, have turned my car into a very serious machine. My friend who drives an E92 with Dinan mods came away seriously impressed after taking him for a test drive.

I highly recommend getting the RR tune.

Last edited by rcJten; 08-29-17 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-28-17, 06:36 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

anybody know the part # to the RR Racing tune? or do you have to order directly from the website
Old 08-29-17, 04:37 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jmull3r
anybody know the part # to the RR Racing tune? or do you have to order directly from the website
You can order directly from RR, they have great customer service, or there are a few other CL vendors that sell the RR tunes as well.
Old 08-29-17, 06:54 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

We also sell RR Racing products.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-26-17, 07:40 AM
dychang174
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry im a noob.......but how do you install this? just attach it to the ecu?
Old 09-26-17, 09:36 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by dychang174
sorry im a noob.......but how do you install this? just attach it to the ecu?
Into the OBD port.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886