RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Lease return my RC350 F-Sports

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-17, 04:45 PM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lease return my RC350 F-Sports

Time flies and in about 2 weeks, i would be returning my 2015 RC350 F-Sports back to the dealership..
Do I have to return to the dealership I picked it up from? or any Lexus dealer is OK?
Also, I got it pre-inspected and everything came out OK but was wondering if I need to take the aftermarket springs out and put the stock springs back on?
I guess I am OK with window tint and gloss black wrapped roof right?
Also I put an OEM spoiler on that I will be removing and selling.

I already removed the aftermarket intake and put the stock intake back on.

Just wondering since it's my first time returning a lease and don't want surprise charges later.
Old 03-17-17, 05:50 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

[QUOTE=cobbyy;9804880]Time flies and in about 2 weeks, i would be returning my 2015 RC350 F-Sports back to the dealership..
Do I have to return to the dealership I picked it up from? or any Lexus dealer is OK?
Also, I got it pre-inspected and everything came out OK but was wondering if I need to take the aftermarket springs out and put the stock springs back on?

You are wise to be thinking about this before lease turn-in. Assuming your lease is with LFS you don't have to turn the car in to the dealer you leased it from - any Lexus dealer should handle it for you.

It sounds to me like the inspector was not too versed in Lexus automobiles. I don't think anyone would notice if your aftermarket springs did not noticeably affect your ride-height and I would probably not remove them. Window tint if legal would probably not be a problem. The black wrapped roof should be easy to remove and I might do that. Removing the OEM spoiler if you drilled holes in your trunk would be a problem.

The bottom line is they will probably wholesale your car at auction at wholesale a week or so after you turn it in with no second inspection BUT if there were to be a second inspection and they picked up all the mods they might just bill you with no opportunity to remove the mods which might be expensive. I don't think the risk is too great though.

Maybe someone who has turned in even a mildly modded car will chime in with their experience.

Dave Mac
Old 03-17-17, 06:14 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

[QUOTE=Dave Mac;9804932]
Originally Posted by cobbyy
Time flies and in about 2 weeks, i would be returning my 2015 RC350 F-Sports back to the dealership..

You are wise to be thinking about this before lease turn-in. Assuming your lease is with LFS you don't have to turn the car in to the dealer you leased it from - any Lexus dealer should handle it for you.

It sounds to me like the inspector was not too versed in Lexus automobiles. I don't think anyone would notice if your aftermarket springs did not noticeably affect your ride-height and I would probably not remove them. Window tint if legal would probably not be a problem. The black wrapped roof should be easy to remove and I might do that. Removing the OEM spoiler if you drilled holes in your trunk would be a problem.

The bottom line is they will probably wholesale your car at auction at wholesale a week or so after you turn it in with no second inspection BUT if there were to be a second inspection and they picked up all the mods they might just bill you with no opportunity to remove the mods which might be expensive. I don't think the risk is too great though.

Maybe someone who has turned in even a mildly modded car will chime in with their experience.

Dave Mac
I turned in a modified Silverado Z71 years ago. it was actually amusing to me.. I added a spray in bed liner, step rails, and a hard (fiberglass) bed cover painted to match.. I was told the modifications would affect the price they could resell the truck for (complete B.S.) so they refused to return my security deposit. but didn't charge me anything.. The deposit was $500 so I didn't care. Saw the truck on the lot several days later pointing out the mods and adding $3000 to the price because of them..
Old 03-19-17, 10:35 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by cobbyy
1. No
2. Any
3. Only if it affects height or ride quality
4. Yes on tint, I would peel off roof
Old 03-20-17, 10:34 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

How long did your inspection take?
Old 03-20-17, 02:25 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

You can also return a Lexus lease through a Toyota dealer if that's more convenient. I found that out when I finished up my RX lease.
Old 03-20-17, 03:18 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
If your car is in pretty good condition and the inspector knows what they are doing, it takes less than 20 minutes. They send you the report in a day or two.
Old 03-20-17, 03:21 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

What are you getting now?
Old 03-20-17, 03:25 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dchar
If your car is in pretty good condition and the inspector knows what they are doing, it takes less than 20 minutes. They send you the report in a day or two.
Good to know. The car is perfect so it should be a smooth transaction.
Old 03-20-17, 04:29 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Good to know. The car is perfect so it should be a smooth transaction.
I personally didn't even waste time with the pre-inspection for my 3IS since I knew it was that good and even returned it with 3k miles below the allotment
Old 03-21-17, 05:37 PM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Took mine 15 minutes. Free of charge of course and report came back same night!

Originally Posted by Dave Mac

Dave Mac
Thank you for the detailed info.
I will take the springs out just to be safe. and also the roof. i didnt drill the hole on my trunk so i should be good. thank you!

Originally Posted by JDR76
You can also return a Lexus lease through a Toyota dealer if that's more convenient. I found that out when I finished up my RX lease.
That's excellent. maybe I should do that. They will know less than a Lexus dealer lol.

Originally Posted by mcomer
What are you getting now?
I got a 2017 6MT M4.
Old 03-21-17, 05:47 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Did you have the stock wheels/tires on the car for the inspection? That's the only thing I still need and I can't find a set anywhere!!!
Old 03-21-17, 07:56 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Did you sell your OEM set of rims?

Did you have the stock wheels/tires on the car for the inspection? That's the only thing I still need and I can't find a set anywhere!!!
Old 03-21-17, 09:40 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

Instead of starting a new thread perhaps I could get some input since it is somewhat related:

15K service due on a leased F-Sport RWD? They don't actually replace anything at this service interval. Will this be an issue when I turn the car in if I skip this service?
Old 03-21-17, 10:28 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Instead of starting a new thread perhaps I could get some input since it is somewhat related:

15K service due on a leased F-Sport RWD? They don't actually replace anything at this service interval. Will this be an issue when I turn the car in if I skip this service?
Won't be an issue. I've skipped those intervals on my past leases with no problems when returning the car.

Quick Reply: Lease return my RC350 F-Sports