Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oops, sorry about the upside down pic
Old 05-20-16, 05:58 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RickHansen
And I'll try to get a sound clip. To me it almost sounds the same as FR500GT, I just don't like that. It sort of reminds me of back when I use to drop the system off my skyline at the drags
It definitely has an R35 GTR tone to it which is the closest thing that it resembles. But I am not sure why you say yours sounds like a "tryhard system". It has (or at least mine has) a really clean tone to it and sounds better than any of the other aftermarket exhaust that are available for the RC350. It also sounds better than all of my previous high HP cars and gets compliments daily. I didn't do the muffler delete to be cheap, I would actually pay more for my custom axleback versus any of the other systems out there.

But to each his own..
Old 05-20-16, 07:43 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was with you until you said it sounds better than ANY aftermarket exhaust. Once you make a statement like that ... lol
Old 05-20-16, 08:43 PM
RickHansen
Rookie

Default always inetersting reading different comments

My RC is by far the slowest car I have ever owned, which is probably why I say 'try hard' . Why are we trying to make it sound like a larger HP car. I just want a classy note, which it had standard but it was just a bit too quiet down low. I'll keep tinkering
Attached Thumbnails Muffler Delete Questions-img_3581.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
New Recording (2).mp3 (132.6 KB, 331 views)
Old 05-21-16, 12:05 AM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Get the tanabe axle back then
Old 05-21-16, 12:28 AM
RickHansen
Rookie

Shoulda, over committed with the exhaust guy now and They cost a fortune to get delivered to Australia
Old 05-21-16, 11:13 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sim
I was with you until you said it sounds better than ANY aftermarket exhaust. Once you make a statement like that ... lol
It does sound better than any of the aftermarket exhausts out there. That's my opinion. And I have heard EVERYTHING out there, both aftermarket and custom. I was one of the originals to do this setup over a year ago and there's a reason why I still have it.
Old 05-22-16, 01:44 AM
Sim
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by FR500GT
It does sound better than any of the aftermarket exhausts out there. That's my opinion. And I have heard EVERYTHING out there, both aftermarket and custom. I was one of the originals to do this setup over a year ago and there's a reason why I still have it.
Lol well since YOU say so you MUST be right

Old 05-22-16, 05:45 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
What it really comes down to is most people don't want to admit something that costs 1/3 of what they may have paid actually does sound better. It's normal for people to stand by their own decisions on the purchases they made and have strong opinions about it. I have never ever done a muffler delete on any car because it sounds so bad....until this one....it's beautiful.

So although I agree with your choice lol, I still haven't heard every exhaust system there is to compare it to...atleast not in person anyways. I'm just glad club lexus was around so I could atleast hear them online and get some input before I made my decision. However you may as well let people make their own choices without having such strong opinions about it tho lol. Just be happy with yours.
Old 05-22-16, 05:58 AM
Sim
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by suvi2k
What it really comes down to is most people don't want to admit something that costs 1/3 of what they may have paid actually does sound better. It's normal for people to stand by their own decisions on the purchases they made and have strong opinions about it. I have never ever done a muffler delete on any car because it sounds so bad....until this one....it's beautiful.

So although I agree with your choice lol, I still haven't heard every exhaust system there is to compare it to...atleast not in person anyways. I'm just glad club lexus was around so I could atleast hear them online and get some input before I made my decision. However you may as well let people make their own choices without having such strong opinions about it tho lol. Just be happy with yours.
There's nothing wrong with subjectively having an opinion. There is something wrong making declaratory statements of fact on something that is subjective.

Maybe you guys should go tell Greddy, Ark, Apexi, Tanabe, Meisterschaft, Stillen, and every other manufacturer who makes after market exhausts that their job is done. That there is no point in making exhausts because you guys have declared that a muffler delete sounds better. End of story.

It's such a silly ****in position. Especially since you dorks keep on saying how it's a personal opinion. If it's a personal opinion stop spouting off as if it's a FACT.

This is why so many people now hate Club Lexus.
Old 05-22-16, 06:13 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Sim
Especially since you dorks keep on saying how it's a personal opinion. If it's a personal opinion stop spouting off as if it's a FACT.

This is why so many people now hate Club Lexus.
Whoa...I just said the same thing as you and agreed that people should have their own opinions and for FR to slow down. The only facts I've already said if any is that I'm happy with my choice.

Also....let me guess, you must be one of the people who hate this site....maybe you shouldn't use it then. I'm glad the site was around and have been reading things on here for years before I made my own decision to even buy a Lexus. Its only fair I share my honest opinions with the community and I'm sorry if that makes you mad or comes off any other way. I think that's your own personal problem tho, certainly not mine.
Old 05-22-16, 06:14 AM
Sim
Pit Crew

Whoa...I just said the same thing as you and agreed that people should have their own opinions and for FR to slow down. The only facts I've already said if any is that I'm happy with my choice.

Also....let me guess, you must be one of the people who hate this site....maybe you shouldn't use it then. I'm glad the site was around and have been reading things on here for years before I made my own decision to even buy a Lexus. Its only fair I share my honest opinions with the community and I'm sorry if that makes you mad or comes off any other way. I think that's your own personal problem tho, certainly not mine.
"What it really comes down to is most people don't want to admit something that costs 1/3 of what they may have paid actually does sound better. It's normal for people to stand by their own decisions on the purchases they made and have strong opinions about it."

Oh really? It's something for us to admit to you? Because you are right, everyone else is wrong. Reading comprehension 101.

Have a good one. And yes I do hate this site, but once in a while you run into decent discussion instead of blow hard nonsense (like this convo)
Old 05-22-16, 07:15 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RickHansen
My RC is by far the slowest car I have ever owned, which is probably why I say 'try hard' . Why are we trying to make it sound like a larger HP car. I just want a classy note, which it had standard but it was just a bit too quiet down low. I'll keep tinkering
when you come from gtr, yea the rc 350 is slow c'mon man be reasonable, why didn't you buy an RC F and put nitrous in it....?
Old 05-22-16, 11:55 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Sim
"What it really comes down to is most people don't want to admit something that costs 1/3 of what they may have paid actually does sound better. It's normal for people to stand by their own decisions on the purchases they made and have strong opinions about it."

Oh really? It's something for us to admit to you? Because you are right, everyone else is wrong. Reading comprehension 101.

Have a good one. And yes I do hate this site, but once in a while you run into decent discussion instead of blow hard nonsense (like this convo)
Till date I've never made a statement about my own or anyone else's choice being right or wrong. Just my own opinion on the exhaust note and how others may or may not feel about their own purchases.(Key word being "may") But again that's where your reading comprehension comes into play. Anyways, enjoy your exhaust and I will enjoy mine.
Old 05-22-16, 01:07 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Till date I've never made a statement about my own or anyone else's choice being right or wrong. Just my own opinion on the exhaust note and how others may or may not feel about their own purchases.(Key word being "may") But again that's where your reading comprehension comes into play. Anyways, enjoy your exhaust and I will enjoy mine.
This is my last statement ********: what's there to admit then?

Quick Reply: Muffler Delete Questions