RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Traded the SC for an RC 350 FSport Solar Flare

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-20, 06:36 AM
gcsteve
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded the SC for an RC 350 FSport Solar Flare

Back in 2015 I had a pic of an RC350 on my desk top. Always thought it is one of the best looking cars out there. I enjoyed my SC430 but rarely put the top down and there was always a slight wheel shake at speed. It had low miles and the V8 is awesome especially the sound with the CAI. It was getting dated so I planted the seed and told my wife we have not had the top down in a year and I was thinking of getting something new. She also has always been a fan of the RC. So she sends me a pic of this RC for sale about 3 hours away in the Solar Flare color with 26K miles and the next morning I am washing the SC in 25 degree weather so it presents nicely hoping for decent trade price. About 24 hours after the original pic was sent I am driving home to Long Island in my new to me 2015 RC350. There were 2 owners on was a lease in which I assume they were by themselves most of the time because it looks as though it has never been sat in. The second owner only had it for about a year and threw a Cat back Tanabe exhaust on but also kept the original exhaust. So I put the original back on and am selling the Tanabe on Craigslist. I prefer a Lexus to sound like a Lexus although the Tanabe does sound much racier. So after a week with the RC 350 FSport I am loving every minute. I put about 2500 miles on the SC last year and already put almost a 1000 on the RC so far. I did feel a little guilty trading it in because it was a really nice car (especially after seeing a video last night of one with 700,000 miles on it mine had 85,000)but I have a small driveway and no room for a third car. No regrets though. This RC is better in every way. Anyway in the past week people have been staring, pointing and commenting where ever I go so that is always fun. I am somewhat used to it because I have a similar color Tacoma that I travel with in the south during the winter. Sorry for the long first real post just wanted to say Hi!

Old 02-23-20, 07:28 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

The new RC looks great! I love that Tacoma too! What color was your SC?
Old 02-23-20, 07:52 AM
gcsteve
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
The new RC looks great! I love that Tacoma too! What color was your SC?
Thanks

I believe it is called Solar Flare and the Tacoma is called Inferno.lol. It’s hard to believe it is five years old. The paint is in really nice shape.

Old 02-23-20, 09:02 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

OP - Congrats on your RC!! If that color would have been available for the 2019, that would have been the color I would have ordered despite being a white car lover! This color is so unique and sexy and I envy all their owners. Welcome to the RC forum
Old 02-23-20, 09:22 AM
gcsteve
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. It’s also a pretty rare color to find. That was definitely what got me to jump on it.
Old 02-23-20, 09:51 AM
Markw4mms
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on your RC purchase! Love the color, too!
The following users liked this post:
gcsteve (02-23-20)
Old 02-25-20, 06:52 AM
carbuff
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Am happy for you. The RC color you chose is an eye-catcher.

I once had an SC430 and loved it. Some thought it resembled a boat but I thought the design was beautiful.

Where I live the top was down most of the year but when up, the SC took on a look like no other on the road (unique).

You will find the RC to be spectacular. I do. Although I have had mine for only a few months, I find the RC fits my driving style to a T.

Hopefully you will have many fine years ahead with your beautiful RC

Old 02-25-20, 07:47 AM
gcsteve
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Loving the RC350. I love the Lexus stock exhaust too. I have to put the 850.00 exhaust it came with in the recyclable trash next week. As it only got 6 views on CL. lol.
The Sc had a CIA and it was really quiet and the 8 cylinder is unbelievably smooth but when you punched the gas it would scream. I was always one of those guys who loved the look of the SC and the paint really sparkled even 15 years old.

Old 02-25-20, 09:13 AM
ISlow200T
Driver School Candidate

Do you have pics of the exhaust you can send me? I may be interested if you're willing to ship.
Old 02-25-20, 10:08 AM
sideswipe
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Please dont put that out in the trash! But if you do, let me know what day and I'll come by!
Old 02-25-20, 10:39 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Tanabe catback? Worst case I would buy the midpipe...
Old 02-25-20, 10:50 AM
gcsteve
Driver School Candidate

Lol. I was just at the UPS store returning something and figured I would ask about shipping. They said probably around $300.00 so maybe during the week I will find a box and try to get an estimate from USPS. Just not sure if it is worth it for anyone to ship them.

If you do a search on EBAY for this: RC350 Exhaust System Kit-Street Series Stainless Axle-Back System fits 2015
It will show up as first listing I think. I am on Long Island. They are dirty but They clean pretty easily. I will leave them up for the weekend but if anyone from here is interest I would let them go for 200 plus what ever your shipping cost would be. Pics are on Ebay. They are in good shape just a little dirty. They were on car for less than a year.

Old 02-25-20, 10:57 AM
ISlow200T
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gcsteve
Lol. I was just at the UPS store returning something and figured I would ask about shipping. They said probably around $300.00 so maybe during the week I will find a box and try to get an estimate from USPS. Just not sure if it is worth it for anyone to ship them.

If you do a search on EBAY for this: RC350 Exhaust System Kit-Street Series Stainless Axle-Back System fits 2015
It will show up as first listing I think. I am on Long Island. They are dirty but They clean pretty easily. I will leave them up for the weekend but if anyone from here is interest I would let them go for 200 plus what ever your shipping cost would be. Pics are on Ebay. They are in good shape just a little dirty. They were on car for less than a year.
Just to clarify, this is just the axle back? I was under the assumption that it was a full cat-back.
Old 02-25-20, 11:47 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

I tried looking in the marketplace to find out but I do not see your listing. I went 7 pages back. I was unaware that Tanabe made a cat back so I assume that it is an axle back. If you want to ship for cheap...check out ShipNex.com. You need to know the weight and dimensions. It will be way cheaper than anything else you find and after you print the labels you just drop it off a FedEx.
Old 02-25-20, 01:25 PM
gcsteve
Driver School Candidate

So yes I didn't realize the difference between axle back and cat back.
@jonmonkey Thanks for the shipping info that helps much.

Quick Reply: Traded the SC for an RC 350 FSport Solar Flare