RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Lexus F Sport Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-16, 05:51 PM
RCLiggy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus F Sport Lowering Springs

I'm curious if anyone has installed the Lexus F Sport Lowering springs on their RC. The lowering springs are listed as an F Sport accessory on the website, but I haven't seen if anyone actually purchased and installed them on their car. The Lexus site states that the height is lowered 1 inch but I'd like to see exactly what that looks like on the RC. If anyone has pictures of their car on the Lexus F Sport lowering springs, please share or please let us know how you feel the car handles/drives with the springs installed.
Old 04-13-16, 09:36 PM
taam4t
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny...about a month ago I asked my local dealer to order there springs for me. Today, I was told via email:

"Our parts manager has been in touch with corporate wondering what the delay has been in getting these springs to us. Corporate has indicated to him that they appear to have changed their minds regarding offering these springs. They are letting him know they are “no longer available”. For some reason they are not making clear to us, they have decided not to make them available to us."

I have contacted a different dealer to see what response I get from them. This all sounds pretty bizarre to me. Why would Lexus list these as an available aftermarket part and then change their mind? I'll keep you updated on what I find out.
Old 04-18-16, 07:51 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RCLiggy
I'm curious if anyone has installed the Lexus F Sport Lowering springs on their RC. The lowering springs are listed as an F Sport accessory on the website, but I haven't seen if anyone actually purchased and installed them on their car. The Lexus site states that the height is lowered 1 inch but I'd like to see exactly what that looks like on the RC. If anyone has pictures of their car on the Lexus F Sport lowering springs, please share or please let us know how you feel the car handles/drives with the springs installed.
Hey,

I went with the Tanabe ones because I had the RC 350 AWD version and it sat very unevenly stock. The spring rates on the Tanabes are near stock and the car sits just right IMO. Nothing crazy low but definitely much better than the F sport ones which cost way more....just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Last edited by lexual_rc; 04-25-16 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-24-16, 01:05 PM
taam4t
9th Gear

Heard from the second dealer I contacted on the F Sport lowering springs:

"It seems there is issue for springs, the estimated time that their available is around june,we cant even place order"

So interpret that as you will...but personally, I would not hold my breath waiting for these springs.
Old 04-24-16, 11:03 PM
boooost
Driver School Candidate

I'm also looking into the Tanabe springs... but I have a base model RC200t, any idea if they will still fit? I really hope so...
Old 04-25-16, 07:49 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by boooost
I'm also looking into the Tanabe springs... but I have a base model RC200t, any idea if they will still fit? I really hope so...
They are excellent...I would check with the manufacturer or distributer and make them ensure fitment before you purchase.

Heres a link to the fitment guide tho:

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/nf210.asp?id=2

Looks like the NF210's fit both AWD and RWD version of your car....if its an F sport
Old 05-04-16, 02:01 PM
RCLiggy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by taam4t
Heard from the second dealer I contacted on the F Sport lowering springs:

"It seems there is issue for springs, the estimated time that their available is around june,we cant even place order"

So interpret that as you will...but personally, I would not hold my breath waiting for these springs.
Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I'm going to see if I go for the tanabe ones since I hate the uneven gap on my awd.
Old 05-06-16, 06:13 PM
ZeroG
Driver School Candidate

I too was chomping at the bit for the release of these springs. For the heck of it, I sent out a tweet to Lexus corporate and said, "Could you please send these springs to my dealership?" To my surprise, I heard back in a few hours that they would find out why they didn't have them. Turns out, as someone else has posted in another thread (there are a lot of these "lowering" threads), Lexus has delayed these until at least June... even then no one seems to be sure when they'll arrive.

So I went with the RS-Rs and had them installed only on the front. Here's the before and after:

Installed only on the front
Top = Before | Bottom = After
RS-R Lexus RC350 AWD Down Sus Springs 2015+ (#T996D)

The drop is about 1.4" - alignment was needed and the front lights reset (by 4")
I can tell you that I'm real happy with the look, ride and feel of these. Steering response is amazing and the ever-so-slight rake feels absolutely natural.

Thanks,
ZeroG

Last edited by ZeroG; 05-06-16 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-06-16, 06:44 PM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you special order an rc of Lexus.com you can add the F Sport springs to the build like I was going too do. But instead I went with Swift Springs, and I couldn't be happier. The drop is right where it needs to be, the handling is incredible, and the ride comfort is just as good as stock.
Old 06-03-16, 09:39 AM
wheelguy
9th Gear

We have installed the Tanabe for one of our local dealers on a couple of them. They ride great and really help the look.

RC 350 with TSW Bathurst and Tanabe lowing springs. sdmotoring.com
Old 06-03-16, 09:41 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by wheelguy
We have installed the Tanabe for one of our local dealers on a couple of them. They ride great and really help the look.

Yep the tanabe's are the way to go it looks like. Don't forget to adjust your headlights. They will sit much lower now.
Old 06-03-16, 07:56 PM
LexusNooob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wheelguy

What size wheels do you have? I want to install those springs but I have 20x9 wheels and don't know if it'll scrape.
Old 06-06-16, 08:02 AM
wheelguy
9th Gear

These are actually 19", The 20x9 will be fin depending on the offset and tires size your are running. These are 9" front with an et 30 and 10" on the rear with an et 39.
Old 05-04-17, 05:17 AM
noctisRC
Driver School Candidate

Sorry, this is an old thread.

Did you guys install the springs on the stock strut? How does this work exactly?
Old 06-05-17, 06:55 PM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

This old thread recently popped back to life. I have the Lexus F-Sport lowering springs on my car. The main reason I went with these is because I wanted to make sure I had no issue turning the car back in when the lease is up. I can post a pic if anyone is still interested how these look on the car.
If it wasn't a lease I would have gone with the RS-R down springs just based on past experience. I am not too thrilled with the Lexus springs. They don't drop it much and they ride to soft for me.
I really like the car and might purchase at lease end. I might go with a different spring then.

Quick Reply: Lexus F Sport Lowering Springs