RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Anyone want to trade (Fog lamp grille for non fog lamp)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-15, 03:54 PM
shocker2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone want to trade (Fog lamp grille for non fog lamp)

I would of preferred my car with out the fog lamps, but it was already on their lot and not special ordered so I am looking to see if anyone in the southeast area (KY preferred) would be interested in trading my fog lamp grille setup for your non fog lamp grille setup. Not really wanting the hassle of shipping if I can avoid it. My car has 300 miles on it, so my setup is in perfect condition and would expect the same of whomever is wanting to trade.

Standing offer, feel free to email me if anyone is interested:

enterprisesofgage@gmail.com
Old 10-16-15, 07:28 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

My RC has the fog lamps (about $440.00, as I recall) and it seems to me that just swapping out the grille is not going to get things working for your swapping buddy. The light controls on the left hand stalk and the dash lights on indicators are different on cars with the fog lamps (see p. 216 of owner's manual). There will be some wiring that will surely need to be changed. (It appears that having rain-sensing wipers may also change things.)
Thus, I would think that the light control stalks should also be traded, unless the trader is willing to purchase a new one from the dealer or try to wire the lights up with an add-on switch. If fog lights can be added at the dealership level, then a dealership could install the stalk and correctly wire it up. Some options can only be installed at the factory, in which case this option would not be available. Who knows what kind of problem you will have trying to replace the more complex stalk with one not having the fog light switch. Adding (and probably subtracting) lights and wiring to today's highly electronic cars can be very problematic.
(PS: It's "would have," not "would of.")
Attached Thumbnails Anyone want to trade (Fog lamp grille for non fog lamp)-rc350-fog-lights.jpg