RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Brag about your lease deal! How does yours stack up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-15, 03:18 PM
DMR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brag about your lease deal! How does yours stack up?

**Update**

My deal...

Fully loaded RC350F
MSRP 52,969
Selling price 45,950
1400 drive off (tax and 1st payment included)
3600 MSD's
24 months / 12k miles
$359 a month after tax

I'm looking a getting a new lease, and like everyone, want the best deal. Please post up your deal to help us compare and see where you stack up!!

Please post information including -

Length of term?
Number of miles per year?
Multiple security deposits?
Residual %?
Money factor?
**Which dealership??

Here's the best I could find from another member...

$6000 off msrp on one of their RC350 F sport just with sunroof and accessories pkg msrp of $49196

So with $6000 discount, $1000 new grad incentive, $500 drive off, 9 x MSDs for 15k/27mo Residual at 68%
My monthly payment came out to be 399.78 with 9% los angeles tax included

My main goal was to get my payment near flat $400with minimum or no money out of pocket for 15k/yr since i drive a lot
so i guess it has been achieved
Due at signing $4100 im getting back $3600 when the lease is up

Thanks!!!

Last edited by DMR; 08-28-15 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Update...
Old 07-14-15, 06:25 PM
coldsoda
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out this thread for tons of information on deals people are getting on this car. Its up to 185 posts right now:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-rc-350-a.html

they do discuss buying and leasing though, not just leasing so you have to skim through a bit.

you are in CA, they seem to find some of the best deals around.
Old 07-14-15, 07:01 PM
DMR
Driver School Candidate

That's were I pulled the best price I could find. I'm not sure which dealership he got it from. Anyone do better than that?
Old 07-15-15, 02:50 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DMR
I'm looking a getting a new lease, and like everyone, want the best deal. Please post up your deal to help us compare and see where you stack up!!

Please post information including -

Length of term?
Number of miles per year?
Multiple security deposits?
Residual %?
Money factor?
**Which dealership??

Here's the best I could find from another member...

$6000 off msrp on one of their RC350 F sport just with sunroof and accessories pkg msrp of $49196

So with $6000 discount, $1000 new grad incentive, $500 drive off, 9 x MSDs for 15k/27mo Residual at 68%
My monthly payment came out to be 399.78 with 9% los angeles tax included

My main goal was to get my payment near flat $400with minimum or no money out of pocket for 15k/yr since i drive a lot
so i guess it has been achieved
Due at signing $4100 im getting back $3600 when the lease is up

Thanks!!!
I remember seeing this on Edmunds and I think the person wound up not being able to get the new grad incentive. Still, the math doesn't add up correctly on the MSDs. The MSD is rounded to the nearest $25 of the monthly payment pre-MSD. 9 x 400 is $3600 which is being based on the post MSD monthly cost which is incorrect.

The pre MSD lease payment per month is 481.04 with tax. The post MSD payment per month with 9 MSDs is 420.89. In order to get the max 9 MSDs on this calculation, it would cost $475 x 9 which is 4275 upfront. In addition, it is highly unlikely that the doc, title, reg fees and first month pay is only $500. In reality, you're looking around $5300 due at signing that includes $4275 MSD plus doc, title, reg fees (at least 600), plus first months payment (420.89).

Based on MSRP, negotiated price, and .00033 MF (adjusted from .00105 tier 1 rate to include 9 MSDs at .00008/per MSD), the numbers are:

420.89 per month incl 9% sales tax
$5300 due at signing with 4275 returned at lease end
Old 07-15-15, 05:37 PM
AtlantaRC
Driver School Candidate

$1500 down, $520 a month including tax. - 12,000 miles a year, 48 months... I feel like i got a good deal. what do you guys think?

Oh the car is a loaded car. 51k msrp
Old 07-16-15, 11:04 PM
FleeingFox
Driver School Candidate

Was taking a good look at the car, and I actually really like it.

Might get one as my next car in 6 -8 months.

Asked my lease broker what the numbers would look like.

Quote me at an F-Sport for $2000 down (cash, not getting it back) and $350 a month for an F-Sport for 24 months.

I am not exactly sure how good of a deal that is.

However, if you are on the West Coast, its easy to see that Lexus is pushing hard and the car is heavily subsidized.

I always recommend contacting a broker to see. Figure that their rates are 80% as good as what the best possible deal is that you can negotiate in the dealer yourself. Always a good starting place.
Old 07-17-15, 05:20 PM
G8rGirl
Driver

Originally Posted by FleeingFox

Quote me at an F-Sport for $2000 down (cash, not getting it back) and $350 a month for an F-Sport for 24 months.

However, if you are on the West Coast, its easy to see that Lexus is pushing hard and the car is heavily subsidized.

I always recommend contacting a broker to see. Figure that their rates are 80% as good as what the best possible deal is that you can negotiate in the dealer yourself. Always a good starting place.
Can lease brokers get lower than the Costco member prices? Or are lease broker and Costco discount prices about the same?
Old 07-17-15, 06:06 PM
flyfl1pguy

$2000 down only? no other fees like broker fees?
$350 amonth does that include tax?
Old 07-17-15, 06:35 PM
FleeingFox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
$2000 down only? no other fees like broker fees?
$350 amonth does that include tax?

$2000 is the down payment against the cost of the car. There are still fees such as tax, title, license etc. This varies state by state.

Payment does not include tax, which also varies by state.

In SoCal, in reality, this lease deal would mean you walk away with a $51,000 (F-Sport + nav) by paying about $2700 down, and $390 a month.

For my current car, which is a 3 series that stickered for $49k, I had absolutely 0 credit (fresh outta college) and this auto broker got me the same car which the dealer wanted $3000 down and $500 a month on (insane rates >.>) for $3000 down and $400 a month. Then applied the graduate credit directly to the down, so in reality I only put down $2000 + the tax, title, license, etc.

I am sure that if you email 6 dealers, wait two weeks for them to compete against each other, then choose one and walk in and spend 3 hours finalizing the negotiations, you can get a better deal then I do.

Personally, I prefer just driving to my brokers office where the car has been delivered on a flat bed still wrapped in plastic, sign the papers in 20 seconds and write him a check. We sit, have a glass of champagne, talk. I drive home in the new car with a goodie bag of accessories from the participating dealer.

For my BMW, they gave me a hat, the M/// tire stem caps, carbon fiber license plate, and a pair of mugs. I was pleased.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to answer - Most brokers do not have any fees. They replace your sales person at the dealership and thus receive a commission from them. Any broker that tries to collect on you, is not a legitimate broker. Because the brokers operate their own offices, have relationships with all makes of car, and are individuals who sell hundreds of cars a month - the broker essentially works for you, acts in your best interest, and knows that the better the deal, the more repeat business they will earn.

Last edited by FleeingFox; 07-17-15 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-17-15, 06:47 PM
FleeingFox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by G8rGirl
Can lease brokers get lower than the Costco member prices? Or are lease broker and Costco discount prices about the same?
Not entirely sure, I don't want to give you poor information.

The easiest way to know, would be that if you are seriously contemplating a car, get the costco price and then call a few brokers and see what they say.

I would assume that the laziest/busiest would simply offer to match it.

Hard working brokers would probably try their best to beat it.

However, sometimes Costco offers things that sweeten the deal such as $500 costco gift cards, etc. Those ordeals might lean in costco's favor. (i.e broker might beat costco deal by $15 a month which over three years is nearly $500... or you get that $500 gift card immediately.)
Old 07-17-15, 07:03 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

excluding fees due at signing and with 6750 off MSRP plus 2k down, then yes but not happening. Look for another broker or haggle yourself.

Last edited by FUZCO; 07-17-15 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-17-15, 07:20 PM
flyfl1pguy

$2000 is the down payment against the cost of the car. There are still fees such as tax, title, license etc. This varies state by state.

Payment does not include tax, which also varies by state.

In SoCal, in reality, this lease deal would mean you walk away with a $51,000 (F-Sport + nav) by paying about $2700 down, and $390 a month.

For my current car, which is a 3 series that stickered for $49k, I had absolutely 0 credit (fresh outta college) and this auto broker got me the same car which the dealer wanted $3000 down and $500 a month on (insane rates >.>) for $3000 down and $400 a month. Then applied the graduate credit directly to the down, so in reality I only put down $2000 + the tax, title, license, etc.

I am sure that if you email 6 dealers, wait two weeks for them to compete against each other, then choose one and walk in and spend 3 hours finalizing the negotiations, you can get a better deal then I do.

Personally, I prefer just driving to my brokers office where the car has been delivered on a flat bed still wrapped in plastic, sign the papers in 20 seconds and write him a check. We sit, have a glass of champagne, talk. I drive home in the new car with a goodie bag of accessories from the participating dealer.

For my BMW, they gave me a hat, the M/// tire stem caps, carbon fiber license plate, and a pair of mugs. I was pleased.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to answer - Most brokers do not have any fees. They replace your sales person at the dealership and thus receive a commission from them. Any broker that tries to collect on you, is not a legitimate broker. Because the brokers operate their own offices, have relationships with all makes of car, and are individuals who sell hundreds of cars a month - the broker essentially works for you, acts in your best interest, and knows that the better the deal, the more repeat business they will earn.
mind messaging me brokers number
Old 07-17-15, 07:31 PM
FleeingFox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FUZCO
excluding fees due at signing and with 7300 off MSRP plus 2k down, then yes but not happening. Look for another broker or haggle yourself.

2k + fees, = $335 for the base Fsport. Add nav and its $350.

I understand this is a Lexus forum and I entirely respect your opinions.

But you have to realize that this car is comparatively a flop compared to its competitors.

People in SoCal have ZERO problems getting 15% off the car. Hell, when I drove the car at the dealer (Keyes in Sherman Oaks) they flat out offered 0 down $470 a month on any non-F Sports.

Lexus is subsidizing the car considerably to help move it. What better way to help move it than to make it $100 a month less than BMW 4 series?
Old 07-17-15, 07:39 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=

In SoCal, in reality, this lease deal would mean you walk away with a $51,000 (F-Sport + nav) by paying about $2700 down, and $390 a month.[/QUOTE]

There's no way of making that assumption about mo payment without knowing the MSRP, sale price, etc. that would suggest about $6k off MSRP with 2k down top tier credit and 10k year
Old 07-17-15, 07:41 PM
FleeingFox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
mind messaging me brokers number

PM sent.

Note that the website link i sent you does include the conquest incentive.

But you can sub in any other incentives you might have to make up for it.

Loyalty incentive, graduate incentive, veteran incentive, etc.

Talk to my buddy and he will find you a deal .

Quick Reply: Brag about your lease deal! How does yours stack up?