RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Suspension Noise? Steering pulling to the left?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-15, 10:44 AM
Fsportf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Noise? Steering pulling to the left?

Sup Fellas

Does any1 hear their suspension making noise when they take bumps or pull into their driveway or just drive on an uneven parking lot? Mine is very obvious and I am not sure if this is normal or not? Read below to also get thw full story.
Ive had my Rc for about a month now. Ive realized that my car pulls to the left quite a bit. I took it to the dealer and they did a wheel alignment and it still pulls. They said its something to do with the steering fluid and im used to the old steerings of older cars and not this technology and you have to take the steering and put it back to the middle. So I did as they said and still the same ****. Its pulling to the left. I have a video. The highways arnt perfect but I did the video on a pretty straight highway and when I let go of the steering it pulls to the left and is very noticeable. Everyone I had in the car told me "u need a wheel alignlent already?" Only have 2.5k miles on this thing. Any experiences here? Thanks!

Ps. I slighty tapped a curb with my right rim and it scratched it a bit but was an easy fix.
Old 05-03-15, 12:46 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Surprisingly I noticed mine pulling to the left and it doesn't even have 200 miles on the yet. I'm going back to he dealer to pick up my temp tags so I'm going to bring it up with them.
Old 05-03-15, 01:30 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had mine for about 6 months drove 3300 miles, and I've not noticed any pulling or PS noise. In fact the car has "electric PS assist" so I'm surprised that there is any fluid noise.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/09/...sport-preview/
Old 05-05-15, 05:45 PM
RCdriver
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I was gonna start a thread with something maybe the same as this. When I picked up the car , it had swirls and the interior still had plastic floor covering material at the rocker panels that wasn't properly cleaned up. I brought it to the dealer to have detailed (currently 1631 miles). They agreed should not have swirls and interior needs redo. I also mentioned when dropping off, a slight squeak I hear from front suspension at times.(maybe same u hear) they said a previous rcf was in for same , they lubed some bushings and was fine. This not the case for me. They have not diagnosed cause of squeak yet but believe to be in strut .
Old 05-05-15, 07:44 PM
Fsportf
Rookie

Originally Posted by RCdriver
I was gonna start a thread with something maybe the same as this. When I picked up the car , it had swirls and the interior still had plastic floor covering material at the rocker panels that wasn't properly cleaned up. I brought it to the dealer to have detailed (currently 1631 miles). They agreed should not have swirls and interior needs redo. I also mentioned when dropping off, a slight squeak I hear from front suspension at times.(maybe same u hear) they said a previous rcf was in for same , they lubed some bushings and was fine. This not the case for me. They have not diagnosed cause of squeak yet but believe to be in strut .
Ya thats exactly what i hear! A squeaky noise whenever i go over any bump like a speed bump or pulling into my driveway. Did they fix it for you? I have 2500 miles on it now. I am going to go back have them look at all of the things you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up. Let me know what happens with you
Old 05-06-15, 09:37 AM
RCdriver
Driver

Originally Posted by Fsportf
Ya thats exactly what i hear! A squeaky noise whenever i go over any bump like a speed bump or pulling into my driveway. Did they fix it for you? I have 2500 miles on it now. I am going to go back have them look at all of the things you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up. Let me know what happens with you
It is still being worked on yet to be identified. A national case with Lexus has been opened. No other reported claims . If u do bring it in, have them ck tact Adam, prestige Lexus Ramsey, nj. He is apparently only shop foreman to experience this complaint
Old 05-06-15, 09:41 AM
RCdriver
Driver

I just realized your in nj also. Are you far from rt 17, prestige Lexus ?
Old 05-06-15, 04:29 PM
Fsportf
Rookie

Originally Posted by RCdriver
I just realized your in nj also. Are you far from rt 17, prestige Lexus ?
Ya I am right there. But I got mine from 46
Old 05-07-15, 04:15 PM
RCdriver
Driver

Ya I am right there. But I got mine from 46

I recommend you brig there for service. It doesn't matter where u got it . The only lfa certified tech is there (Adam) and he knows how to fix things . If u go , tell them Eddie with the blue rc sent ya there to have him look at it . But I'll keep ya posted as to when mine is done and what the fix was
Old 05-10-15, 06:09 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts

I hear a knocking when I slowly pull into a driveway from the left or right.
Old 05-10-15, 07:41 PM
Fsportf
Rookie

Originally Posted by yok3dIS
I hear a knocking when I slowly pull into a driveway from the left or right.
Ya i hear squeaking and knocking. I dont have time to keep going back and forth to the dealer. I chose a new car so I dont have to deal with any headaches, only 3k miles ans ive been to the dealer 10 times already. So Im sick of it and I will just wait until I need a service and they can deal with it then. Its under warranty idc
Old 05-11-15, 08:08 AM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts

Ya i hear squeaking and knocking. I dont have time to keep going back and forth to the dealer. I chose a new car so I dont have to deal with any headaches, only 3k miles ans ive been to the dealer 10 times already. So Im sick of it and I will just wait until I need a service and they can deal with it then. Its under warranty idc
Right?! I was also debating that. Only 1,500 miles here so I'm just wondering what else may come up. Weird thing though is that this only came about after they fixed my sun roof issue - the cable broke. It happens when the body of the car twists as it turns
Old 05-11-15, 04:56 PM
RCdriver
Driver

After the foreman was swapping parts with control vehicle, getting new front strut assembly for driver and passenger side front

Last edited by RCdriver; 05-12-15 at 05:27 AM.