RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Price Paid for RC 350

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 04:04 AM
g0tem
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
That's wild. Not the greatest marketing from Lexus. I did a quick search of the other dealers and here's what I came up with for 2017 RC350's: Woodland Hills 6, Newport 18, Cerritos 8, Thousand Oaks 7, Oxnard 4, Santa Monica 6, Glendale 5, Ontario 6, and Mission Viejo 8. Not one USB, Lexus's best color.
i'm willing to bet most (if not all) are either ultra white or atomic silver.
Old 05-01-17, 02:58 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Yeah, white, silver, grey, and one Infrared.
Old 05-01-17, 10:11 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Originally Posted by shadow1118
get the paint color you want and wait, seriously. the dealership can ship the car over for you. Im glad i got a special color the molten pearl, ultrasonic blue and pearl white are the best colors. also **** the 200t, thats ****. v6 or v8, pref v8.
My guy that I had been dealing with for my last two Lexus cars at my local dealership was no longer there. So had to deal with someone new. Dude straight up said there's no way he could get the car shipped over from Texas, too far. Basically it would be too much hassle. Yea, it sucks. Really had my sights set on the UB color.

That's really hard to believe. Everytime I've been to Longo or Keyes, they have rows and rows of these. Between all SoCal dealers, there should be a good 300-500 RC's around. I'd expect there to at least be one or two blues in stock somewhere.
I had begun looking since late of last year. In that time frame, I think I had only found 1 new UB within the area. Ya, I'm surprised at the scarcity of the 350 model. I asked the guy at my local dealership as to why this was. He just said it seems Lexus is scaling back on the 350's and they seemed focused on trying to push the 200T.
Old 05-01-17, 10:25 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Well, found a deal that I just couldn't pass up. Got the 350 in Atomic Silver. Only thing was I wanted the lip spoiler (doesn't have it), but the offer more than makes up for it. Dealer only asked for 1k out of pocket. With the Lexus rebates as well, got a 39 month lease for $552 a month. Last day of the month deal I suppose. Emailed the dealer on Saturday night, got a call back on Sunday 04/30 morning. Called them when I got home from work. She gave me the offer details. I actually wanted to come in on Monday 05/01, but she said the offer was only good until the end of the day. Every other dealer I talked to wanted way more cash up front, and the payment was still in the mid to high 600's. Little different transitioning from the roomier GS to the RC, but loving it so far!
Old 05-02-17, 02:17 PM
jagtiger12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my new 2016 Rc350 Fsports this weekend and a amazing deal deal. Thank to Clublexus and G0tem for helping me out negotiate this unbelievable price.
Old 05-02-17, 09:35 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

If Lexus wants to sell more RC350's, they have to offer them in the one color everyone wants! It's as simple as that. Looks like they over-built the earlier units and are forcing those on people instead of spending production money for new ones. I can see their dilemma, but that's not really the ideal way to serve a buying community.
Old 05-02-17, 11:33 PM
g0tem
Driver School Candidate

If Lexus wants to sell more RC350's, they have to offer them in the one color everyone wants! It's as simple as that. Looks like they over-built the earlier units and are forcing those on people instead of spending production money for new ones. I can see their dilemma, but that's not really the ideal way to serve a buying community.
i definitely see what you're saying. But it's not specific to rc350s. I was initially in the market for a '17 is350 and every single dealership arond me only had ultra white. And im in los angeles. i was specifically looking for nebula gray pearl on red itnerior and the closest dealer that had one in stock was in norcal
The following users liked this post:
Fizzboy7 (05-03-17)
Old 05-07-17, 03:33 AM
RCOwner
Driver School Candidate

Default Details, please!

Originally Posted by jagtiger12
Got my new 2016 Rc350 Fsports this weekend and a amazing deal deal. Thank to Clublexus and G0tem for helping me out negotiate this unbelievable price.
Glad you got a RC and an amazing deal thanks to the forum, but how about giving back and posting details on your deal? Thanks are nice, but details on your deal - now that's useful!
Old 05-07-17, 11:38 AM
jac1304
Driver School Candidate

Any 2016 new left on any dealer lots? Has to be an awd f-sport.
Old 05-15-17, 10:19 PM
jagtiger12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RCOwner
Glad you got a RC and an amazing deal thanks to the forum, but how about giving back and posting details on your deal? Thanks are nice, but details on your deal - now that's useful!
G0tem helped me throughout the process. It took some time to negotiate but found my 2016 RC350 FSports at Keyes. I read some horror stories dealing with them but since they are one of the few dealers that still has 2016s in stock I gave them a try. I contacted the internet director Sam Santoso with an offer and negotiated from there. I had my pre approval from my credit union which also includes extended warranty so it made everything easy. I already negotiated the price before I came to the dealership but then it took me sometime to choose which one since they have all the colors except for blue and orange. Sam and his team took care of me but I suggest that you do some research first. Jim falk lexus wasn't able to match Keyes price so it was an easy decission. Also, Keyes Van nuys stores their stocks in a parking structure if that helps. Pm me if you need more details.
Old 05-26-17, 12:43 PM
Raffi123
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry guys

well here goes I put 2000 down on a 2015 RC 350 f sport 52k msrp and I am paying 325 a month with 7.5k mikes a year
Fizzboy7 (06-21-17)
Old 06-21-17, 06:43 PM
EricTsang
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raffi123
well here goes I put 2000 down on a 2015 RC 350 f sport 52k msrp and I am paying 325 a month with 7.5k mikes a year
So Lexus offers leases on previous model years? I see some 2016's still left in random dealers, but I'm used to BMW where they stop leasing previous model year cars
Fizzboy7 (06-21-17)
Old 06-22-17, 04:39 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

so don't know if this helps anyone, but my 2015 RCfsport (white ext/ black int) will be heading back to dealer in Oct when lease is up or sooner.

been getting calls about matching my current payments, waived next 4 months if i get into another lease. But this sounds fishy because one person told me lexus will no longer do 2 year leases because the residual on the cars hasn't been that great (I'm not gonna pretend to understand what that meant but ok) one even said that no way I can get the same payment plan that I got ( I know it sounds ridiculous and maybe I got extremely lucky, but Im not gonna pay more the second time, doesn't make sense unless theres a huge incentive)

So I guess this question goes out to those who are renewing their lease term. did you get the same deal? maybe better? 2yr people?

I've got a 2 year lease, sub 300 payment, with 1500 down.
only thing I'm asking for is, same lease term, UB color/ black interior, no money down, and this time will probably buy it if school is done and i landed a better gig.

so I'm getting mix messages from the dealer from more than one person. Obviously all hungry to make a sale. but. frankly I'm ready to walk if i can't get the same deal, or better. I understand people have to eat. but I'm seeing here some ridiculous good buys on dealer lot cars that are 10k+ under the sticker, so what gives?

any help or explanation is greatly appreciated.

From what I've been reading so far it looks like i might just have to turn in the keys and walk away if the UB is so dang rare.
Old 06-23-17, 01:47 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wh0pp3r
so don't know if this helps anyone, but my 2015 RCfsport (white ext/ black int) will be heading back to dealer in Oct when lease is up or sooner.

been getting calls about matching my current payments, waived next 4 months if i get into another lease. But this sounds fishy because one person told me lexus will no longer do 2 year leases because the residual on the cars hasn't been that great (I'm not gonna pretend to understand what that meant but ok) one even said that no way I can get the same payment plan that I got ( I know it sounds ridiculous and maybe I got extremely lucky, but Im not gonna pay more the second time, doesn't make sense unless theres a huge incentive)

So I guess this question goes out to those who are renewing their lease term. did you get the same deal? maybe better? 2yr people?

I've got a 2 year lease, sub 300 payment, with 1500 down.
only thing I'm asking for is, same lease term, UB color/ black interior, no money down, and this time will probably buy it if school is done and i landed a better gig.

so I'm getting mix messages from the dealer from more than one person. Obviously all hungry to make a sale. but. frankly I'm ready to walk if i can't get the same deal, or better. I understand people have to eat. but I'm seeing here some ridiculous good buys on dealer lot cars that are 10k+ under the sticker, so what gives?

any help or explanation is greatly appreciated.

From what I've been reading so far it looks like i might just have to turn in the keys and walk away if the UB is so dang rare.
I can't imagine a sub-$300/mo., $1500 down lease on any $50k car. That is a Honda Civic lease. Please explain your lease in full, including tax (out the door), other down payments, security deposits, miles allowed per year, trade-in credit, and miles that were on the RC at delivery. Thanks.
Old 06-23-17, 09:50 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

I can't imagine a sub-$300/mo., $1500 down lease on any $50k car. That is a Honda Civic lease. Please explain your lease in full, including tax (out the door), other down payments, security deposits, miles allowed per year, trade-in credit, and miles that were on the RC at delivery. Thanks.
last time you said " Thats what Camry's and Accords go for" lol.

but ill post again what I feel comfortable sharing.
2015 RC F-Sport White ext/ black interior- RWD sticker was 55k roughly

1500 down
298 a month
dings/dent 800.00 was waived (see below why)
CC score 805
2yr lease.
12k miles for the 2 years.

this was almost 2 years ago.

I GOT LUCKY... I think. Car was transferred from different dealer and buyer backed out at last minute. I guess they charged the guy a fee for the transfer and they waived my dings/dent fee because of it, i never really got the full story. I think it was a solid deal given I only spent 40 minutes at the dealer from going in to waiting for car to be fully tanked and washed.
Thats all i remember and thats all the money that exchanged hands. car had 40 miles on odo, i remember because i didn't want to get charged for 40 miles i didn't drive if i came that close to going over. ill look for the actual sticker that was on the car tonight should still be in there.

the car itself was a transfer though, when i went to install my plates, the original dealer paper dealer plate was behind the one that was showing form the dealer i got the car from.

i did have initial suspicion that the car may have been abused or damaged in a way i couldn't see. so i took it to carman and 2 other body shops for a check up and they all told me why am i wasting their time looking at a new car. car has had 0 issue's and i did the oil change at 5k since thats what I'm used to doing with all my cars prior running Full synthetic.

my initial questions still stand though. if anyone can help me or guid me through it.

Last edited by Wh0pp3r; 06-23-17 at 09:56 AM.
Fizzboy7 (06-23-17)

Quick Reply: Price Paid for RC 350