Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Image Isn't Sharp When Uploading To Youtube

Old 11-03-13, 07:08 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Image Isn't Sharp When Uploading To Youtube

So I've been working on a banner for about two weeks, and I finished it a few days ago. I don't have photoshop, but I use Gimp to edit my image. Anyway, on Gimp, when I have the image fit to screen, it looks clean and sharp. The image is 2560x1600. When I upload it to youtube to be a banner, it's blurry.

I can't figure out how to make it look sharp. I've tried the sharpening tool, I've zoomed in to every pixel to make sure it's a solid color, and I still get the same problem.

The saved file is about 264 KB in size, could that be the reason as to why it's blurry? It's not being saved in high quality, or something?
Old 11-07-13, 05:27 PM
AsAkite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after you save the file, if you upload it to a photo site (photobucket or whatever) and you view it then, does it still look good? If so, then it something with youtube. But I don't have any experience uploading to youtube so I don't know what their upload file size rules are. Could be that the file size is fine, but the dimensions are not allowed, then they auto resize and that causes the blur?
Old 11-08-13, 06:46 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think because Youtube supports a different aspect ratio? try resizing/cropping to 1920x1080 pixels.