Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is250 knock correction learn values

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-19, 08:41 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts
Default Is250 knock correction learn values

Any one with an IS250 have the FUSION APP, and using the Lexus PID add on?

I would like to see what Knock Correction Learn Value, and Knock Feedback Values everyone is seeing.

Thank,
Mike
Old 09-06-19, 06:27 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

I don't have KCLV and KFV data for an IS250 but for the IS350, I'll typically see a KCLV reading anywhere between 22-25 and the KFV at -3 when cruising. When I'm at WOT, My KCLV reading will slightly drop by 1-2 and my KFV will read between -4 to -5. The consensus on the forums is that a KCLV reading above 20 will indicate that optimal ignition timing advance is being utilized as there is little to no indication of knock or detonation (though more on that below).

When I was recently collecting multiple datalogs to compare the MAF g/s and IAT readings for different intake boxes and intake tubes ( https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...l#post10600672 ), I ran into an issue with my car battery having low voltage (10.5V) and needing to be replaced. After I installed a brand new battery over the weekend, the KCLV defaulted to 15.0 and the KFV remains at -3.0 which is normal as the ECU has to re-learn the settings and is 'supposed' to reduce ignition timing until the knock sensors confirm that there is no detonation.

Here is the kicker...after swapping batteries and confirming that my KCLV was at 15 (instead of my normal 23~ range), I did several WOT pulls out of curiosity to see what the ignition timing advance would show. Typically, I would see my ignition timing advance at 29-30 degrees with the KCLV at 22-25. After several WOT pulls with the KCLV at 15, there was no change to the ignition timing advance (still showed 29-30). I rechecked the KCLV and saw that it had bumped up to 17 which should technically still be below the optimal range of 20-25 for peak ignition timing advance. It was a very interesting observation...

Last edited by redspencer; 09-06-19 at 06:42 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by redspencer:
2013FSport (09-09-19), MikeFig82 (09-06-19)
Old 09-06-19, 07:42 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

I'm just trying to figure out why it won't display correctly. I've reset the ECU, and still the same. I'm thinking it's my cheap Wifi elm327 reader. All other PID'S work for the exception of knock sensing, or there is something wrong with my car.

I found this chart on the forums.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 09-06-19 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-06-19, 10:16 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

It's probably a combination of your OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and the Fusion app acting wonky. On occasion, my KCLV and KFV will remain at zero while the rest of the PIDs are showing properly. You can try to uninstall and reinstall the app, confirm the Toyota/Lexus add-on PIDs are shown and purchased, and try again. Rinse and repeat till it works.
The following users liked this post:
MikeFig82 (09-06-19)
Old 09-09-19, 09:07 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
It's probably a combination of your OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and the Fusion app acting wonky. On occasion, my KCLV and KFV will remain at zero while the rest of the PIDs are showing properly. You can try to uninstall and reinstall the app, confirm the Toyota/Lexus add-on PIDs are shown and purchased, and try again. Rinse and repeat till it works.
I had a heck of time getting Fusion to connect to my Elm BT. And once you do setup it holds on to data that it shouldn't thus skipping steps and the loop of Unable to connect repeated over and over.

On Android I went into App settings, Killed the app and deleted the Data & Cache for Fusion. This places it back ground zero like a fresh install but without the headache of install.

Mind you Torque Pro happily connects to BT device but fusion wouldn't. Next I deleted the Paired connection from Phone to BT device. Fusion was again stupid only looking for paired devices. So used Torque to pair them and then suddenly Fusion connects about the time I was ready to buy a new adapter....

When I first got a view of the KCLV it was 22.5° and the KFV was -3° but this was the tail end of a tank of fuel and then I watched it drop. Perhaps a product of Chevron fuel? I always thought there stuff was top notch until I ran Shell and butt dyno on both bike and car say Shell picks up a few ponies everytime and Chevron degrades performance slightly.

When fresh fuel gets added this week hope to see it crawl back up from 19.4° its at now to 22/23°'ish....

Mike, as for the 250 reporting 102X I would like to see other members chime in with 250's and see if this a 250 thing or a PID calculation error. That said, why the Chart talking about 102X°? Very interesting....

Last edited by 2013FSport; 09-09-19 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-09-19, 10:45 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
I had a heck of time getting Fusion to connect to my Elm BT. And once you do setup it holds on to data that it shouldn't thus skipping steps and the loop of Unable to connect repeated over and over.

On Android I went into App settings, Killed the app and deleted the Data & Cache for Fusion. This places it back ground zero like a fresh install but without the headache of install.

Mind you Torque Pro happily connects to BT device but fusion wouldn't. Next I deleted the Paired connection from Phone to BT device. Fusion was again stupid only looking for paired devices. So used Torque to pair them and then suddenly Fusion connects about the time I was ready to buy a new adapter....

When I first got a view of the KCLV it was 22.5° and the KFV was -3° but this was the tail end of a tank of fuel and then I watched it drop. Perhaps a product of Chevron fuel? I always thought there stuff was top notch until I ran Shell and butt dyno on both bike and car say Shell picks up a few ponies everytime and Chevron degrades performance slightly.

When fresh fuel gets added this week hope to see it crawl back up from 19.4° its at now to 22/23°'ish....

Mike, as for the 250 reporting 102X I would like to see other members chime in with 250's and see if this a 250 thing or a PID calculation error. That said, why the Chart talking about 102X°? Very interesting....
I have better success with my WiFI Elm doing this. Plug it in before I start the car. Then wait a few minutes before I try connect to it. If I don't sometimes it doesn't connect at all. So I have to rinse, and repeat.

Same thing as before pairing to my radio. Especially when I had iPhones. I had to have bluetooth enabled before I started the car. If not it would not pair to the radio unless I restarted the car. Now having an android phone it connects regardless.

Today I should receive my new Elm BT reader in the mail. I will then try to see if I can connect successfully. If not I may buy the Tonwon BLE. It seems on the ISF forums a lot of people are using it at this time for the Fusion App.

The Wifi reader is OK it pairs to both Torque, and Fusion just fine. Though it's hard to use phone data, and have wifi activated. I can't stream Pandora, and listen to music in the car. Hence why I'm getting a BT Elm for now.
Old 09-09-19, 11:07 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

With the shortcomings of BT I am surprised that phone can and does stream from multiple sources. i.e. as phone to car, as media player, and as OBD data source.

Though when I data log I disable its connection to the phone and media in hopes of reducing the latency within the logged data but honestly don't think it helps. As in Torque and BT device just can't pump out live data even on the shortest interval. That's why I was thinking about trying a wifi adapter but those have been a PITA for other reasons...
Old 09-10-19, 08:34 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

With the shortcomings of BT I am surprised that phone can and does stream from multiple sources. i.e. as phone to car, as media player, and as OBD data source.

Though when I data log I disable its connection to the phone and media in hopes of reducing the latency within the logged data but honestly don't think it helps. As in Torque and BT device just can't pump out live data even on the shortest interval. That's why I was thinking about trying a wifi adapter but those have been a PITA for other reasons...
It's a no go for me on the BT Elm327 adapter. I have not been able to connect but once. I had to do multiple SNES cheat codes to make it work. Once it connects for a few minutes it craps out, and will trigger CEL light. It has a hard time reading the PID'S stalling about half way to 60% then just crashes. The WIFI Elm327 works flawlessly, but can't display the knock values correctly. I was able to view correctly on the BT Elm327 once.

I have deleted everything, and BT profiles.

Reinstalled apps, and using WIFI Elm327 again for now. At this point I'm worried I may brick the ECU using either. Well I might just go oldschool, and use my old Actron cable scanner to read codes if needed be.

Searching online on the Fusion website. These are the recommended adapters for iOS, and android. I might give it another shot with an approved adapter.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 09-10-19 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-29-19, 04:43 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Well update here I was able to get one blue dongle. Bluetooth version 2.1. It connects really fast with my S10+. I'm a little surprised of the connectivity. The version 4.0 really sucked!

No go for KCLV still same problem persist. No good readings.

On the other hand they have a new add on package for $50????

Last edited by MikeFig82; 12-29-19 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-29-19, 05:58 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Well update here I was able to get one blue dongle. Bluetooth version 2.1. It connects really fast with my S10+. I'm a little surprised of the connectivity. The version 4.0 really sucked!

No go for KCLV still same problem persist. No good readings.

On the other hand they have a new add on package for $50????
With reference to version 4.0, what are you talking about? App?

As for the $50 PID, I've seen that and my guess is for those who have 3 decades of Yoda's in the drive, that would be one stop shopping as I'm not certain Fusion supports multiple PID packs but maybe it does?

To bad others haven't chimed in...
@Aspect have you ever pulled this data?
Old 12-29-19, 06:10 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

With reference to version 4.0, what are you talking about? App?

As for the $50 PID, I've seen that and my guess is for those who have 3 decades of Yoda's in the drive, that would be one stop shopping as I'm not certain Fusion supports multiple PID packs but maybe it does?

To bad others haven't chimed in...
@Aspect have you ever pulled this data?
I had a 4.0 Bluetooth dongle it was literally useless. The black one with orange, and blue sticker. Seem likely a generic OBD adapter.

I would not recommend! I have a wifi connection one it seems to work great. Though I cant use my phone data with it. Only downside is that, but it still won't display the KCLV either. I already emailed Fusion customer service. Hopefully they can chime in on the issue on displaying the correct value.
Old 12-29-19, 07:00 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Have you tried to access other networks within Fusion app? Can you get to anything other than engine data?

Look here:

Some random 350 data. FWIW Shell fuel consistently gives higher KCLV values than Chevron. Not all fuels are the same street bike is faster on shell too.

MikeFig82 (12-30-19)
Old 12-30-19, 07:57 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Have you tried to access other networks within Fusion app? Can you get to anything other than engine data?

Look here:

Some random 350 data. FWIW Shell fuel consistently gives higher KCLV values than Chevron. Not all fuels are the same street bike is faster on shell too.

I haven't had time to set up my app dashboard again. It's been months since I deleted the app. That being said funny you mentioned that Shell gives a higher value. I've been meaning to use it from Chevron for awhile now. I'll give it a go this weekend. It seems with this cold winter air I'm burning fuel faster than I can put in. The F sport air box makes a lovely sound.
Old 12-30-19, 12:08 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Look here:

Well playing with the dashboard I don't see these options. I did purchase the package. Been emailing Fusion support all morning. I did tell them I'm not seeing these options. Also they did mention that they see the knock PID's in the Engine module, and ECT module. Can you confirm this?

Thanks.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 12-30-19 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-31-19, 12:39 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Well playing with the dashboard I don't see these options. I did purchase the package. Been emailing Fusion support all morning. I did tell them I'm not seeing these options. Also they did mention that they see the knock PID's in the Engine module, and ECT module. Can you confirm this?

Thanks.
Yes, you have to enter the Toyota/Lexus engine PID list as they are not listed in the generic engine list. I have not tried all PID's, but the cam timing ones do not work for me.

As for the cold weather, if it even dips into the mid 30's the 350 takes a 1 to 2 mpg deficit. When not driving aggressively it usually goes about 300 miles per tank full.
MikeFig82 (01-01-20)

Quick Reply: Is250 knock correction learn values