Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

07' IS350 p1072 p0175 running rich bank 1 and 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-18, 11:58 AM
AdamProve
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 07' IS350 p1072 p0175 running rich bank 1 and 2

So im getting the codes p0172 and p0175 and the CEL no traction and check VSC. first i cleaned the maf sensor then changed my maf sensor with one that claimed to be a Denso I bought online and the codes would come back instantly even after resetting the ECU. Then one day I let my brother borrow the car and he decided to drive it like he stole it or a dam NASCAR and I got a one time only code thats never came back after I reset the ECU that said random misfire. Then I bought a new maf sensor from AutoZone and the codes and CEL and all the bad lights disappeared so I was super super excited and thought I solved my problem but then a few days later I started getting the codes p0172 and p0175 again and then the CEL and all the others came back again. Every time ive changed or cleaned maf sensor I reset ECU by unplugging the battery for about an hour and pumping the breaks making sure all the power is out and all that good stuff.... Am i suppose to let the car idle for 10 minutes after changing the maf sensor for it to learn the ratio or do any other tricks after changing the maf sensor because I never did any of that and im still getting codes for running to rich in bank 1 and 2..... The dealership tried to tell me that they think its an o2 sensor but could both sensors go out at the exact same time? I know its best that when u change one sensor to change them both.... Ok so for the first few months of having this problem the car had absolutely no performance issues it ran like a champ even after I cleaned and then changed the maf sensor untill my brother raced it around for a day and a half, But now if I start it up when its cold I have to hold the gas a little untill its fully warmed up or it'll die, also even after its warmed up when I hit the gas it wants to hesitate a little Then jerk forward sometimes not Every time tho more so when its cold.
O ya and btw I have an ETI electricaly tuned intake big shiny pipe with maf sensor towards the filter and its an oiled k&n filter that's clean. so the first dealership I took it to tried to tell me that the module that comes with the intake that's suppose to tell the ECU what fuel to air ratio was no longer working and told me to unplug it and.plug the maf sensor directly into the wiring harness and I did that and when I did then I got the codes for it running to lean in bank 1 and 2 so i plugged the module back in thinking it was working right and thinking that its better to be running rich then lean. This is every thing I can think of at the moment if I remember anything else ill definitly post it and update this.... Ive posted on this problem in the past maybe a few months ago but theres been quite alot of things changed since then a few big things like now I'm having performace issues with it stalling and hesitating.... Im hoping with all this info someone out there can please tell me what's wrong because I just don't believe the dealership saying both o2 sensors went out at the exact same time and those are an expensive items to buy when they are just guessing and they may be perfectly fine.... They told me if that doesnt fix the problem then maybe its my ECM and I dont wanna hear that b.s. guessing stuff from the dealer that they wanna charge crazy amounts of $ for and still cant gaurntee that it'll be fixed.