Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust recommendation needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-18, 03:08 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by VisualEcho
Just like the car itself, there just isn't any right answer here. I'm back to thinking OEM F-Sport is the way to go. Probably too quiet for most, but it's better than droning like crazy every time I have to take a trip.
Honestly, you might be better off with just nice muffler tips. I prefer a silent ride, so if I don't go quad Tanabe Medalion, then I may run AIMGAIN or T-Demand quad muffler tips on the factory exhaust.
Old 11-16-18, 03:38 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS
Honestly, you might be better off with just nice muffler tips. I prefer a silent ride, so if I don't go quad Tanabe Medalion, then I may run AIMGAIN or T-Demand quad muffler tips on the factory exhaust.
The factory exhaust is just too weak. I hate to admit this, but my wife's 2015 Acura 3.5 liter V6 RDX has a growl that's twice as loud as the Lexus. Shameful, really. I'll have to get something for sure.
Old 11-16-18, 04:34 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

The factory exhaust is just too weak. I hate to admit this, but my wife's 2015 Acura 3.5 liter V6 RDX has a growl that's twice as loud as the Lexus. Shameful, really. I'll have to get something for sure.
Sorry, I meant to respond to @jeronberna who wanted a quiet ride.

I would go F Sport (not sure if there's one for 2017+ diffuser?), or Tanabe Medalion Quad Tip (RC350) for 2017+.

Last edited by TOPENDMS; 11-16-18 at 04:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
VisualEcho (11-16-18)
Old 11-18-18, 02:39 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

I was in the same boat, I love the way staggered quad tips look and wanted just a bit more sound when I get on the gas but no sound at highway speeds of 70mph - 80mph (1500-2300 rpm), everything I found besides OEM f sport sort of match those criteria. What I eventually did was buy the arkopovic style staggered dual tips with dry carbon fiber and welded it on the stock mufflers, they are 2.5 inch inlet and dual 3.5 outlets that is slightly staggered, over all it's right around 8 inches when you take the carbon fiber surrounds into consideration.

The only thing I I would fix is make the tips even more staggered, closer to 25mm staggered for a more offset look. The car of course still retains it's quite nature on the highway.
Old 11-18-18, 03:40 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TonyN
I was in the same boat, I love the way staggered quad tips look and wanted just a bit more sound when I get on the gas but no sound at highway speeds of 70mph - 80mph (1500-2300 rpm), everything I found besides OEM f sport sort of match those criteria. What I eventually did was buy the arkopovic style staggered dual tips with dry carbon fiber and welded it on the stock mufflers, they are 2.5 inch inlet and dual 3.5 outlets that is slightly staggered, over all it's right around 8 inches when you take the carbon fiber surrounds into consideration.

The only thing I I would fix is make the tips even more staggered, closer to 25mm staggered for a more offset look. The car of course still retains it's quite nature on the highway.
Nice! So no change in volume, just change in look, correct?
Old 11-18-18, 04:19 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice! So no change in volume, just change in look, correct?
yes. I wanted more sound but I absolutely did not want highway nice, getting to old for that stuff lol
Old 11-18-18, 04:23 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TonyN

yes. I wanted more sound but I absolutely did not want highway nice, getting to old for that stuff lol
So the exhaust tips themselves muffle the sound of the car? Strange, no?
Old 11-21-18, 04:16 PM
Magnaflow
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It sounds like our Street system might be what you're looking for!

1. Axle-back only ✔
2. More volume would be good, but not boy-racer loud, and as little drone as possible. ✔ No drone; stock-like idle & cruising volume, louder under heavy throttle
3. Deep, warm tone, not bright and raspy. ✔ Magnaflow's signature tone has always been deep and refined
4. Price is not a consideration. ✔
5. Lexus quality or better. ✔ Fully-stainless, mandrel bent, made in the USA with a lifetime warranty
6. Power gains not a consideration at all. ✔

You can find more info about it here on our website: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=15227
If you have any questions about it, please feel free to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!
VisualEcho (11-21-18)
Old 11-21-18, 04:33 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Magnaflow
It sounds like our Street system might be what you're looking for!

1. Axle-back only ✔
2. More volume would be good, but not boy-racer loud, and as little drone as possible. ✔ No drone; stock-like idle & cruising volume, louder under heavy throttle
3. Deep, warm tone, not bright and raspy. ✔ Magnaflow's signature tone has always been deep and refined
4. Price is not a consideration. ✔
5. Lexus quality or better. ✔ Fully-stainless, mandrel bent, made in the USA with a lifetime warranty
6. Power gains not a consideration at all. ✔

You can find more info about it here on our website: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=15227
If you have any questions about it, please feel free to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!
I'm liking this a lot! Any pix on a 2017/2018 diffuser? Not sure about the single tip design.
Old 11-21-18, 04:38 PM
Ajowhan
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm liking this a lot! Any pix on a 2017/2018 diffuser? Not sure about the single tip design.
if price isnt a consideration, you can always get a quad tip weld on after. That is what I have on, invidia midpipe, magnaflow axleback with akaprovic cf quad tip weld on at the back.
pretty sick setup
VisualEcho (11-21-18)
Old 11-21-18, 04:55 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ajowhan

if price isnt a consideration, you can always get a quad tip weld on after. That is what I have on, invidia midpipe, magnaflow axleback with akaprovic cf quad tip weld on at the back.
pretty sick setup
Show me
Old 11-21-18, 05:03 PM
Ajowhan
Driver

Show me

only pic i have right now, I’ll take another clearer pic later

Old 11-21-18, 05:06 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ajowhan
only pic i have right now, I’ll take another clearer pic later.
Sounds good, thanks bro!
Old 11-21-18, 05:09 PM
Ajowhan
Driver

Sounds good, thanks bro!
what do you think of these pic so far? Not bad huh, I think mine could have been welded on a little better. Its sticking a lil too much just because I wanted the wording to be a lil more visible.. regretting it now 😆
Old 11-21-18, 05:18 PM
VisualEcho
Pole Position

Looks good from here. I'd probably have to see it from the side.

Quick Reply: Exhaust recommendation needed.