Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is it ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for a front sump pan and other parts on LSx swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-18, 09:35 AM
rockosocko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for a front sump pan and other parts on LSx swap?

Good morning. I'm asking those of you who have done the swap already, planning or in the middle of.

I'm slowly budgeting money and parts to do a LSx swap to my '02 IS300 and am just floored on the prices of these simple looking parts that are
being sold commercially, and just can't see spending 800.00 on just an oil pan.. (I mean, it's just aluminum! It CAN be cut and welded easy enough)

Yeah, the header on D/S might NEED to be different, but I Don't need thermal coatings inside and out. (last ones didn't seem to overheat/melt any
less than regular steel! In other words, still got real hot at 4000-6000rpms)
Has anyone tried just the std block hugger style?

Does the 'stock' radiator cool enough? That's one of the cheaper aftermarket parts for this. A 3 row HD radiator..

And NO, not planning on a manual swap either. just a non-computer 200r4 (it's NOT your car so keep your complaints to yourself)

Thanks

Also
Old 05-25-18, 05:02 AM
rockosocko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody??

E