Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS350 Bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-18, 07:20 PM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by GTShortie
Thanks DickH thats good info!

Been doing further reading and will probably go RR racing tune with their CF intake pipe & K&n pod, i wonder if it comes with heat shield like the ISF ones they have on their website.

Going to get in touch with them and see, at the mechanics now getting help with cat back exhaust install as i cant get the bloody o2 sensors off lots of cursing and even being a powerlifter myself didnt help as its too hard to apply enough force with the car on jack stands.

Thought about headers but once factoring labour for install its not worth it for me.
I would skip the intake, or at least consider putting your own together and be well within the cost of the RR CF intake. What exhaust are you going with? If you really want headers, I was able to do mine by myself in an afternoon.
Old 12-29-18, 12:58 AM
GTShortie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@DickH DickH
i picked up a second hand xforce cat back exhaust, placed a order with RR Racing for their Tune + CF intake pipe and K&n drop in filter.

Was on the line with headers but the cost, effort, smell and noise i have decided against it.

Even with the exhaust now ill probably change it back to stock after 6 months (missing the quiet luxury element of the lexus) also with 2 young kids i think im too old for this now haha.

Cant wait til i get the RR Racing tune and head back down to the drag strip.

It is current summer in Australia so quite hot but ill do a drag or two anyway and then head back in winter (june) and hopefully back into the 12s.

The following users liked this post:
JayLexin (11-02-19)
Old 01-14-19, 02:44 PM
YoungReezy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Surely from all the posts on here everyone was claiming 3-5hp, which is still a gain and plus i do want some extra sound as currently its very quiet.

The plan is to upgrade to a ISF(or c63, cla45, golf r) in a year or two but ive just got the is350 coming from a is250. But in the meantime i want to hit the 12.99 quarter mile in the 350. Having got a 13.12 stock (stripped interior) so every hp counts.

So for the time being i dont mind doing a few cheap mods as i can always sell the intake, exhaust when i sell the car and get some money back. Doing all the labour myself as i use to have a skyline back in the day where i got quite hands on with modding the car.
+1 vote for c63. Im in the same boat, about 2 years give or take. Monster
Old 11-02-19, 01:55 PM
JayLexin
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

@DickH DickH
i picked up a second hand xforce cat back exhaust, placed a order with RR Racing for their Tune + CF intake pipe and K&n drop in filter.

Was on the line with headers but the cost, effort, smell and noise i have decided against it.

Even with the exhaust now ill probably change it back to stock after 6 months (missing the quiet luxury element of the lexus) also with 2 young kids i think im too old for this now haha.

Cant wait til i get the RR Racing tune and head back down to the drag strip.

It is current summer in Australia so quite hot but ill do a drag or two anyway and then head back in winter (june) and hopefully back into the 12s.

How did you go with your RR Racing tune, I am also in Australia.

Did you have any issues installing the tune?

RR Racing are quoting on the webpage that you must have latest ECU update, if Lexus released one but they aren't sure about Australia.