Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2000 GS300 fires up for seconds then shut down

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-17, 12:14 PM
MelMar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2000 GS300 fires up for seconds then shut down

I am in desperate need of some guidance!!! Lucy has 250,000 miles on her, what started out as getting her ready for emissions and registration has turned into a nightmare now she doesn't even run. Little back info she ran fine beside throwing the O2 sensor codes which I couldn't pass inspection having check engine light on. The items below were replaced because they were worn out. The last item replaced was the Idle Air Control Valve (Throttle Motor) because I was getting a code that it was bad since being replaced she won't run at all. She fires up for seconds then shut down. I've through the forum and I haven't found my exact issue hence my post.

Problem as of Now: When you start the car the engine revs to the redline and the shuts down

Items replaced in the past 30 days:
All O2 sensors
Idle Air Control Valve (Throttle Motor) followed Lexus service manual instructions
Water Pump
Vacuum Hose
Ignition Coil Packs and Connectors
Serpentine Belt and Tensioner Pulley
Spark plugs and Spark plug wire set
Air Filter
Radiator Coolant Hose
Lower Radiator Hose
Timing belt
Thermostat
Alternator

Regards,
Mel
Old 04-29-17, 05:44 AM
cookie24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question throttle motor

take the negative off the battery post for a half hour should reset your ecu. When you replaced your tsp,there should have been a factory marking or a dot to set back at.most the reach I've done on this keeps coming back you should let the factory do it or an mechanic do it. but yea I know you problem im messing with my 2jz na-t build right now with it.got to run an idle but lost my gas pedal. then got my gas pedal back an all my car wanted to do is rev bounce between 2 an three thousand rpm. basically you have to dial in the throttle position sensor along with the pedal position sensor its a pain. im still working on getting it right on my gs300 will let you know if i get set right if you haven already taken it to a shop to get it fixed. think the dealer charges $400 to adjust it from what i came up with.might have changed since the post i was looking at was 5 yrs old.
Old 04-29-17, 06:22 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by MelMar
I am in desperate need of some guidance!!! Lucy has 250,000 miles on her, what started out as getting her ready for emissions and registration has turned into a nightmare now she doesn't even run. Little back info she ran fine beside throwing the O2 sensor codes which I couldn't pass inspection having check engine light on. The items below were replaced because they were worn out. The last item replaced was the Idle Air Control Valve (Throttle Motor) because I was getting a code that it was bad since imabeing replaced she won't run at all. She fires up for seconds then shut down. I've through the forum and I haven't found my exact issue hence my post.

Problem as of Now: When you start the car the engine revs to the redline and the shuts down

Items replaced in the past 30 days:
All O2 sensors
Idle Air Control Valve (Throttle Motor) followed Lexus service manual instructions
Water Pump
Vacuum Hose
Ignition Coil Packs and Connectors
Serpentine Belt and Tensioner Pulley
Spark plugs and Spark plug wire set
Air Filter
Radiator Coolant Hose
Lower Radiator Hose
Timing belt
Thermostat
Alternator

Regards,
Mel
I'm gonna say maybe the fuel pump that's why when u start it it cuts right off after
Old 07-16-17, 07:37 PM
suprababy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check imobilizer,try another key,fuel pump or fuel relay