Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Be careful before you buy an Ark Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-17, 03:27 PM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to see that you're still having an issue but I was very courteous to you and gave you step by step tips on how to install the exhaust on behalf of JM auto whom you purchased it from, even after you called me an "Idiot that thinks he knows everything".

Asked of us to speak with the person doing the work, on the weekend. When I told you that's outside of our business hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30-5:30 PST) you stated you "expect exceptional customer service from us". I'm sorry but I've given you the whole process and tips on how to align it properly since we've done it here a bunch of times. Shops that usually have trouble installing it gives us a call, we tell them the same thing I've explained to you, and everything comes out great!

I even offered you to ship the exhaust back to us, we'd install it here with a detailed video showing you everything fits how it should, and that if it didn't we'd give you a brand new system and cover the shipping back....

Plenty of customer more than happy with ARK products.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...t-showoff.html

When installed correctly, how it should look...

Originally Posted by Sexis350
gotta hold the tips even while bolting on the axle back part at the same time.

Originally Posted by BostonIS
Hmmm. I personally own a ark exhaust for my 2014 IS350 and have had it on for a while now. Nothing but the best customer service I've received so far from them and the fitment was 100%. I took my exhaust to a professional muffler shop that installed it for $100 and said the ark exhaust was one of the best quality built systems he's seen in his 50+ year career. Also that it's one of the first systems that was actually plug and play.

Have you tried reaching out to Eric from ark that is on clublexus?
I was actually the one that tried to help him with the situation when he tried to get a refund from JM Auto.

Originally Posted by nathantse
Got pics?

I know some ppl here got ARK, and never heard a peep of issues..

Last edited by ARK Performance; 04-13-17 at 03:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
enkrypt3d (03-29-21)
Old 04-13-17, 03:59 PM
I808S350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't you say that I should have brought my car to a shop that knew what they were doing? How do you know they don't know what they're doing? Are you a technician with ASE credentials? I brought my car to four different shops and they all said that it can't be adjusted. Do you know how much time and money I spent trying to have this aligned? They call it a bolt on system for a reason. Not cut and weld. You wanted me to pay to ship my exhaust back to Ark and you record a video showing how to properly install it on a car? Do you know how much I would have to spend to do that? Are you ok? Why don't you come to Hawaii and show the technicians from where I had tried to get the exhaust aligned, how to properly install it? If you offered to pay for the shipping back to Ark then I would have accepted. I don't have enough time and resources to do what you want me to do. I spent enough money and wasted time trying to fix this issue. I also asked for a refund, which you declined. You should learn to be humble and accept fault. If someone can properly align this exhaust without any modifications to it then I would apologize for my negative remarks ad praise your company.
Old 04-13-17, 04:18 PM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by I808S350
Didn't you say that I should have brought my car to a shop that knew what they were doing? How do you know they don't know what they're doing? Are you a technician with ASE credentials? I brought my car to four different shops and they all said that it can't be adjusted. Do you know how much time and money I spent trying to have this aligned? They call it a bolt on system for a reason. Not cut and weld. You wanted me to pay to ship my exhaust back to Ark and you record a video showing how to properly install it on a car? Do you know how much I would have to spend to do that? Are you ok? Why don't you come to Hawaii and show the technicians from where I had tried to get the exhaust aligned, how to properly install it? If you offered to pay for the shipping back to Ark then I would have accepted. I don't have enough time and resources to do what you want me to do. I spent enough money and wasted time trying to fix this issue. I also asked for a refund, which you declined. You should learn to be humble and accept fault. If someone can properly align this exhaust without any modifications to it then I would apologize for my negative remarks ad praise your company.
Actually you said "What do I do if they say they have to cut the exhaust system.... I am busy with my job and children to be going back and forth to these shops"

and i said "I would advise you not to listen to them because we cannot help you with fitment once you’ve cut the exhaust or modified it in anyway....if you went to a shop that knew what to do you wouldn’t have had to go back and forth so I’m sorry on their behalf."

What to do, and what they're doing are two very different things. What to do would mean how to properly align and install the exhaust in this situation. Not knowing what they're doing would insinuate that they don't know how to do anything at all.

But I did say we would cover the shipping to us, back to you, and a new system if the product was truly not aligning correctly!! Asked you to even sign it so you know its your system...

I actually build all the project cars and do all the installs here... that's why I contacted you with all the tips on how to install it.
Also I can't give you a refund because you didn't buy it from us... I contacted you to help you with your issue since you've never contacted us at all with any issues until i reached out to you.

Last edited by ARK Performance; 04-13-17 at 04:29 PM.
enkrypt3d (03-29-21)
Old 04-13-17, 05:11 PM
I808S350
Driver School Candidate

I already told you that I don't plan to spend any more money on this exhaust and will probably put my stock exhaust back on. How would I know you guys won't modify the exhaust that I send in? You're saying if i initial each piece, it would be enough for me to believe it wasn't modified to fit properly? Sure. JM said it is past the 30 days to get my money back so I would have to go through you guys, which is why i reached out to you after consulting with them. Another member here said that it was improperly welded. The techs in Hawaii also said it was welded poorly and that it looks as if wrong pieces were welded together. Everyone must be wrong and not know what they're doing huh? All I want is my money back so that I can get this resolved but you choose to insist there is nothing wrong with the exhaust and the technicians don't know what they're doing. This could have been resolved a while ago if you would've just gave my money back or send me a new exhaust that fits properly with no defects. I'm not trying to put a bad name to your employer, but just wanted to let my fellow club members to be aware of my experience with you and your product. Anyways I'm done communicating with you, unless you have something to offer me that will help resolve this matter. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-13-17, 05:19 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I can't believe FOUR shops are having issues installing a solid exhaust system. Sounds fishy...

Ark Performance used my vehicle for the R&D of the GRiP system. It's nice to know that development is in house. The staff has always been top notch and they install exhausts daily it seemed during my visits there. I pulled some pics from my original post. Sorry you're having this issue but sounds like user error. And from the posts back and forth, it seems that they've tried to accommodate you but the options just aren't what you're looking for in this case.

Good luck...

Old 04-13-17, 05:23 PM
I808S350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by otakusan
Ok that looks very bad.. for anyone that knows anything about welding, the guy really did a bad job on fitting the pipes up before welding that together. it's very crappy that ARK would not do anything about this.

also, this looks like the welder at ARK (or who ever did the manufacturing for them) took a passenger piece and accidentally welded a driver side hanger on it too.
You said the exact same thing that one of the technicians said about the welding and wrong part being welded on. I hope they fix this issue before someone gets seriously injured from one of their parts flying off a vehicle or causing extensive damage to it.
Old 04-13-17, 07:32 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

You said the exact same thing that one of the technicians said about the welding and wrong part being welded on. I hope they fix this issue before someone gets seriously injured from one of their parts flying off a vehicle or causing extensive damage to it.
Looks ugly like that, you shouldn't install it, should have asked for refund or exchange.
Old 04-13-17, 08:14 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly, you sound like a customer that believes he is entitled to everything possible even after Eric has tried to accommodate your issues with the exhaust. You're even skeptical to send it back even after he said they would pay for the shipping. At this point I'd either send it back just so I can get this awesome exhaust system to work or chalk it up as a lost. But all the options that were offered to you just aren't pleasing you so I don't know what else Ark can do for you bro. Hope all goes well.

I still standby ark as one of the best exhaust systems out there for the 3IS just like my exhaust shop that commended on it when they saw the exhaust the first time I brought it in. They said wow this is some nice welding work on a exhaust and he's been doing it for 50+ years.
Leo7 (05-05-21)
Old 04-14-17, 11:50 AM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

I already told you that I don't plan to spend any more money on this exhaust and will probably put my stock exhaust back on. How would I know you guys won't modify the exhaust that I send in? You're saying if i initial each piece, it would be enough for me to believe it wasn't modified to fit properly? Sure. JM said it is past the 30 days to get my money back so I would have to go through you guys, which is why i reached out to you after consulting with them. Another member here said that it was improperly welded. The techs in Hawaii also said it was welded poorly and that it looks as if wrong pieces were welded together. Everyone must be wrong and not know what they're doing huh? All I want is my money back so that I can get this resolved but you choose to insist there is nothing wrong with the exhaust and the technicians don't know what they're doing. This could have been resolved a while ago if you would've just gave my money back or send me a new exhaust that fits properly with no defects. I'm not trying to put a bad name to your employer, but just wanted to let my fellow club members to be aware of my experience with you and your product. Anyways I'm done communicating with you, unless you have something to offer me that will help resolve this matter. Thanks for your help.
I told you I'd make a detailed video. We can even record the whole process of removing the exhaust out from the box and install. If we modify it in anyway you'd be able to tell right away since the pipes would be cut and welded. There is no way to cut a flange clean off and still be able to re-weld it back on to look new. Again no where or when did i say the technicians you went to don't know what they're doing. All I said was they need to know how to install this exhaust, which i gave you very detailed step by step instructions/tips to forward to the tech since you're going on a weekend when we're not open. But you wanted me to call the exhaust shop and tell them over the phone and got mad when I said I couldn't....

(if anyone else is having trouble, just for reference)
"1. Loosen all bolts on the exhaust.
2. Tighten the 2 front pipes.
3. Tighten the mid pipe.
4. Left muffler: Hold the muffler by the tip with left hand, and where it bends by the diff with the right hand. Hold it in the position to where it looks good, then tighten.
Right muffler: Hold the muffler by the tip with right hand, and where it bends by the diff with the left hand. Hold it in the position to where it looks good, then tighten.
5. Readjust if needed, loosen bolts used on step 4 and repeat process.
You should be good if they just follow the instructions."

It doesn't matter 1 day 30 days or 7 months (which is when your order was placed) We did not receive money from you, we can't refund you. If I order a pair of Nikes from footlocker and want to return it, I get my money back from footlocker, not nike. Right?
I emailed you when JM gave me your info, you did not reach out to us when you were having issues, or even give us a call.

We can exchange you the product, is which i offered to you if the product is truly not fitting. You can bring up people stating it doesn't fit or not welded correctly, but what about the majority of people that have no problems?

You're so firm on our product not fitting correctly, why not send it back to us? You, yourself said you love the sound of the exhaust and "If someone can properly align this exhaust without any modifications to it then I would apologize for my negative remarks ad praise your company."

Here is the offer again: Send it back to us, we'll install the exhaust here on a car, a full length video start to finish. We will Reimburse your shipping cost to us and back to you with a new exhaust. But, if it does in fact fit you pay for shipping back to you for your exhaust.

Last edited by ARK Performance; 04-14-17 at 11:58 AM.
AtomicAWD (06-12-19)
Old 04-14-17, 11:59 AM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by otakusan
Ok that looks very bad.. for anyone that knows anything about welding, the guy really did a bad job on fitting the pipes up before welding that together. it's very crappy that ARK would not do anything about this.

also, this looks like the welder at ARK (or who ever did the manufacturing for them) took a passenger piece and accidentally welded a driver side hanger on it too.
Not sure how you can see the welding from that picture?? Flange rotation changes the angles of the pipe depending on how it is aligned.
Exhausts (or any kind of fabricated parts) are not made on a car, they're made on a jig / mold.

Bagged with no issues...

another

another one on bags

Last edited by ARK Performance; 04-14-17 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-14-17, 01:53 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Off topic, Ark Performance when will the Grip for 2017 IS be released?
Old 04-14-17, 02:12 PM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
Off topic, Ark Performance when will the Grip for 2017 IS be released?
2017 is200T is already in the works!! Will be available hopefully middle of summer. As for the 350 it will be sometime after that.
Old 04-14-17, 04:46 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Originally Posted by ARK Performance
2017 is200T is already in the works!! Will be available hopefully middle of summer. As for the 350 it will be sometime after that.
will they be quad tip?
Old 04-17-17, 08:48 AM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
will they be quad tip?
Yes sirrr!!!
Old 04-17-17, 09:08 AM
stlgrym3
Racer