Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Be careful before you buy an Ark Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-17, 05:37 PM
I808S350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Be careful before you buy an Ark Exhaust

I purchased an Ark exhaust system for my 2016 350 and installed with my son and noticed that the left side pipes were siting lower than the right. The left side muffler was touching the bumper. I brought my car to my local Lexus dealer and they told me that it was a manufacturing problem and that it was installed properly by my son and I. I contacted JM autosport amd explained to them my issue. They said that they couldn't do anything to help me but inform Ark about my issue. I get an email back from JM, who forwarded me an emailing from Ark stating that it just needs to be adjusted. I bring my car to a local muffler shop to have them try to adjust the exhaust. Unfortunately they were only able to adjust the muffler because the left side pipes would have to be bent in order to fit properly. I am writing this post to warn potential buyers about Ark's exhaust problems. I have heard that people were also having the same problem with their exhaust system. I don't know why a company would sell a defective product for a substantial amount and do nothing to help the customer when issues arise. Please do your research before buying this particular brand or you may be left hanging like some of usenwho tried to reach out for assistance.

Last edited by I808S350; 04-05-17 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Additional notes
Old 04-08-17, 09:11 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by I808S350
I purchased an Ark exhaust system for my 2016 350 and installed with my son and noticed that the left side pipes were siting lower than the right. The left side muffler was touching the bumper. I brought my car to my local Lexus dealer and they told me that it was a manufacturing problem and that it was installed properly by my son and I. I contacted JM autosport amd explained to them my issue. They said that they couldn't do anything to help me but inform Ark about my issue. I get an email back from JM, who forwarded me an emailing from Ark stating that it just needs to be adjusted. I bring my car to a local muffler shop to have them try to adjust the exhaust. Unfortunately they were only able to adjust the muffler because the left side pipes would have to be bent in order to fit properly. I am writing this post to warn potential buyers about Ark's exhaust problems. I have heard that people were also having the same problem with their exhaust system. I don't know why a company would sell a defective product for a substantial amount and do nothing to help the customer when issues arise. Please do your research before buying this particular brand or you may be left hanging like some of usenwho tried to reach out for assistance.
thats why i don't spend more than 1k$ USD on exhaust system, intake and exhaust gains no HP it's just the NOise for fun, you've paid 2k$+ for the noise and you have issue ?
Old 04-08-17, 09:15 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

gotta hold the tips even while bolting on the axle back part at the same time.
The following users liked this post:
enkrypt3d (03-29-21)
Old 04-09-17, 01:44 AM
I808S350
Driver School Candidate

I brought it to 3 different shops and all 3 said the same thing. The exhaust can't be adjusted and will have to be cut and welded. I tried reaching out to Ark but they keep giving me the run arounds. So much for customer service. Now I can't modify my suspension because the left side is too low. Not until I get a refund so I can purchase another exhaust system. I'm just letting you guys know so save you some money from having shops try to adjust your exhaust. The douche at Ark was a total ******* who thinks he knows every shop and their abilities. Just be careful guys.
Old 04-09-17, 05:54 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexis350
gotta hold the tips even while bolting on the axle back part at the same time.
Expensive performance exhaust shouldnt need to modify, ARK costs like 2.3k USD$ even on eBay, should be plugged and play like F-sport OEM, he meant the hanger is out of position not the flange or the uneven tip when you look at the rear view, we installed an exhaust for a Subaru WRX STI last summer, tip looked uneven and 2 people need to hold and 1 people tighten it.
Old 04-09-17, 07:55 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I brought it to 3 different shops and all 3 said the same thing. The exhaust can't be adjusted and will have to be cut and welded. I tried reaching out to Ark but they keep giving me the run arounds. So much for customer service. Now I can't modify my suspension because the left side is too low. Not until I get a refund so I can purchase another exhaust system. I'm just letting you guys know so save you some money from having shops try to adjust your exhaust. The douche at Ark was a total ******* who thinks he knows every shop and their abilities. Just be careful guys.
so have one of the shops fix it, consider it a lesson learned, and move on to your other mod plans. good luck!
Old 04-09-17, 08:22 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

That sucks about fitment for what they cost but like others say just bite the bullet and have a shop modify it to fit properly. Expensive doesn't always guarantee fitment unfortunately.
Old 04-09-17, 09:42 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm. I personally own a ark exhaust for my 2014 IS350 and have had it on for a while now. Nothing but the best customer service I've received so far from them and the fitment was 100%. I took my exhaust to a professional muffler shop that installed it for $100 and said the ark exhaust was one of the best quality built systems he's seen in his 50+ year career. Also that it's one of the first systems that was actually plug and play.

Have you tried reaching out to Eric from ark that is on clublexus?
Old 04-09-17, 09:58 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Got pics?

I know some ppl here got ARK, and never heard a peep of issues..
Leo7 (05-05-21)
Old 04-09-17, 12:17 PM
I808S350
Driver School Candidate

Here you go. Notice how the left side sits lower than the right.
One of the local shops here was able to adjust it and is no longer touching my bumper.
Left side sits lower than right, which prevents me from doing any suspension modifications.
EMOgs3 (04-09-17)
Old 04-09-17, 11:19 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I just had an Ark exhaust installed on my is200t. Right side (passenger side) had issues. I emailed Ark and they explained about the adjustment. Moving the pipes around on the flange helped a little. Gave me more clearance but if anyone is in the back seat it still hits on the cross bar under the right side. Buddy of mine who owns the muffler shop I had it installed at stated that the right side looks like it was made about a 1/4 -1/2" to long. When looking at mounts between the right and left side...the left side rubber mount is straight up and the right side is angled back towards rear bumper. also the very last hanger on the left side is flush while the right side extends about 1/2". Will be taking mine back to shop for modifications this week. Love the sound and quality of this exhaust but think for the price the craftsmanship should be better. Should not have fitment issues with such an expensive exhaust.
Old 04-10-17, 11:37 AM
I808S350
Driver School Candidate

I love the sound and how it looks but the fitment issue is my greatest concern. Each time I go through a steep driveway I always scrape my exhaust. Ark didn't even offer me to pay a shop to make adjustments. I just hope people will be aware of the fitment issues before purchasing this exhaust. Once you cut or do any modifications to your exhaust, your 1 year warranty is voided.
Old 04-10-17, 05:13 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Left side sits lower than right, which prevents me from doing any suspension modifications.

Ok that looks very bad.. for anyone that knows anything about welding, the guy really did a bad job on fitting the pipes up before welding that together. it's very crappy that ARK would not do anything about this.

also, this looks like the welder at ARK (or who ever did the manufacturing for them) took a passenger piece and accidentally welded a driver side hanger on it too.
Old 04-11-17, 01:09 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats why i bought the ARK and returned be4 i install it and went with APEXi. i think OBX copy ARK concept and sell it for substantially cheaper. just like how tsudo copy invidia. went from tsudo mid + f sport to invidia mid + f sport sound the same. since its defected this badly i suggest u contact ARK directly and ask for a refund, i wouldn't want a $1k2 defected exhaust on my Lexus.
Old 04-11-17, 01:50 PM
EMOgs3
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, that sucks

Quick Reply: Be careful before you buy an Ark Exhaust