Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Invidia q300 axle back honest reviews

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-17, 06:16 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

I have the f-sport axle back on my car and it's really not all that loud outside the car when driving around town. Even still there was a deep drone in the car that was annoying.

I can tell you after I installed my seibon diffuser I had an exhaust shop extend the tips out 4 inches to align with the diffuser. After this modification all droning inside the cabin went away. In my opinion the stock location for the exhaust outlet is tucked too far under the car. If you move it out a bit the exhaust noise isn't transferred into the cabin nearly as much.
Old 05-26-17, 10:53 AM
UTtrooper
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UTtrooper
I'm a long time lurker of the forum but I felt compelled to register to comment here. Yesterday I had a q300-h axle back installed on my 2016 IS350 f sport. As MasonGrey mentioned, there's a drone at 2000 - 3000 rpms and in my opinion it's awful. You are instantly "that guy" on the road with the loud exhaust. Not something I was looking for, so if it doesn't change I'll be swapping it back to stock and selling it.

Following up here. So it's been over a week now. The exhaust has settled and doesn't sound as bad as a week ago. The only problem I have is the hum at 2,000 - 3,200 rpms. Going up hills, especially in my neighborhood, is very loud and difficult to keep quiet when you need some power to get up the hill. Although I do have fun with it I think I'll be selling it. I hate driving in my wife's car so I'll do anything to keep her happy in mine. Will likely forego the exhaust upgrades and put the money towards tint.
Old 05-28-17, 07:01 PM
initiald2k
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in the market for an axle back too ... how is the cabin noise level on cruise?
Old 05-29-17, 01:59 PM
lexiboi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would the Invidia Q300 axle fit on a 17 IS300?
Old 06-02-17, 07:54 AM
UTtrooper
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by initiald2k
I'm in the market for an axle back too ... how is the cabin noise level on cruise?
Again, the problem I have is with the hum around 2,000 - 3,000 rpms. Going up hills is when it's annoying. The sad part is this exhaust sounds amazing during spirited driving and downshifting. I do think this is up to the individual though, you might not have a problem with the hum whereas my wife is not a fan. Yesterday I had it swapped back to stock, so I'm selling it.
Old 06-15-17, 05:45 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

As a clarification I think people who are posting should post what IS model you have with the Q300 i.e. is250 , is350 etc.
I could bet that the drone is more prevalent on is250 than on a is350 because of the smaller engine displacement. Daily driven by my wife and she has yet to complain about the sound or slight droning in our is350.
Old 06-15-17, 06:40 PM
UTtrooper
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fsportme
As a clarification I think people who are posting should post what IS model you have with the Q300 i.e. is250 , is350 etc.
I could bet that the drone is more prevalent on is250 than on a is350 because of the smaller engine displacement. Daily driven by my wife and she has yet to complain about the sound or slight droning in our is350.
That's fair. I have a 2016 is350 f sport. I think drone is relative. To 31 year old me it's too much, but the 18 year old me would have loved it. Now that it's off I do sometimes wish it was back on though. It's nice to have that growl after a long day at work. Since the wife isn't a fan I'm putting it up for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 06-15-17, 08:57 PM
initiald2k
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I think I'll pull the trigger on the Q300...
If u're willing to ship to Canada, let me know...
That's fair. I have a 2016 is350 f sport. I think drone is relative. To 31 year old me it's too much, but the 18 year old me would have loved it. Now that it's off I do sometimes wish it was back on though. It's nice to have that growl after a long day at work. Since the wife isn't a fan I'm putting it up for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 01-04-18, 08:33 PM
ayjonathan
Driver School Candidate

do you still have??
Old 01-07-18, 04:19 PM
jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I had the full cat back on my 250 and I thought it was so quiet.
Old 01-07-18, 10:09 PM
jnesss
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

how can you tell if it's the "H" model? i read that one member wanted a quiet exhaust and was recommended the Q300, only to find out it's too loud, because he was sent an "H" model. he asked invidia about this and was told they only made "H" models now?

i'm just curious because i have one on order - HS13LISG3S.
Old 01-07-18, 10:51 PM
ayjonathan
Driver School Candidate

I'm a long time lurker of the forum but I felt compelled to register to comment here. Yesterday I had a q300-h axle back installed on my 2016 IS350 f sport. As MasonGrey mentioned, there's a drone at 2000 - 3000 rpms and in my opinion it's awful. You are instantly "that guy" on the road with the loud exhaust. Not something I was looking for, so if it doesn't change I'll be swapping it back to stock and selling it.
are you still selling it?
Old 01-12-18, 02:28 PM
3ISOwner
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am having an exhuast leak for the Q300, anybody know the proper gasket sizes?

My local shop says "Exhuast leaking from both cat converter outlet gaskets"
Old 01-13-18, 06:48 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ISOwner
I am having an exhuast leak for the Q300, anybody know the proper gasket sizes?

My local shop says "Exhuast leaking from both cat converter outlet gaskets"
OEM part there.
Old 01-15-18, 06:11 PM
jnesss
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jnesss
how can you tell if it's the "H" model? i read that one member wanted a quiet exhaust and was recommended the Q300, only to find out it's too loud, because he was sent an "H" model. he asked invidia about this and was told they only made "H" models now?

i'm just curious because i have one on order - HS13LISG3S.
i’ll answer my own question, in case anybody’s curious. HS13LISG3S is the part number that can be found all over the internets. the box is stamped with Q300H 😀.

Quick Reply: Invidia q300 axle back honest reviews