Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1999 aristo swapped GS300 ecm help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-16, 01:12 PM
amaz87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 aristo swapped GS300 ecm help

There is tons of information out there on on engine management and it has me running in circles. My stock aristo twins are going out. I have a turbo kit in a box in the spare room. I hear it is a drop in swap that can be ran off of the stock ecu, but I am still nervous. I was on a budget and I pieced this together fast. The turbos are still hanging in there so i am shopping engine management just in vase my drop in single don't work.
Im dealing with a holset hy35 swap. I have all the components. Still need to order a weaker Tial wastegate spring and potentially a different BOV. (Gen 1 DSM i think I have)
I was looking at the AEM FIC originally but I hear of problems fighting with the aristo ECU with many piggybacks. I hear the AEM standalone is a great option but was still shopping another route.

Im seeing the HKS fcon for a reasonable price. I hear of issues with finding people to tune them but I can try to hunt if it is a viable option. Does anyone run them? Are there any cons to them?
I also cant find out which of these AEM alternatives will be compatible with my car electronics and automatic transmission. What aem alternatives do you recommend? I will be wiring it myself with help from guides and people I know and look to get it tuned at a shop nearby.
My HP goals are 350-450+ until I manage a Manual transmission swap and bigger turbo, cams, injectors, etc.