Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How much did you pay for your F-Sport exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-16, 10:03 AM
sklzwpillz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much did you pay for your F-Sport exhaust?

As the title states, how much did you pay for your F-Sport exhaust plus install? My dealer just quoted me $1200 with labor included. Trying to keep my warranty as much as possible, after talking to them they said it would void the exhaust portion of my warranty. Not sure if it's worth the risk to do an aftermarket part even though I really liked the sound of the Stillen exhaust. Thanks guys!

Paul
Old 05-06-16, 10:10 AM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1200 installed is pretty good. It won't void your warranty. There is no "exhaust portion" of your warranty. It's bumper to bumper or it is voided. no in-between. A factory Lexus performance part will not void anything.

Most dealerships are cool with any exhaust. It just depends on if the service advisor is an idiot or not.
Old 05-06-16, 10:40 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sklzwpillz
As the title states, how much did you pay for your F-Sport exhaust plus install? My dealer just quoted me $1200 with labor included. Trying to keep my warranty as much as possible, after talking to them they said it would void the exhaust portion of my warranty. Not sure if it's worth the risk to do an aftermarket part even though I really liked the sound of the Stillen exhaust. Thanks guys!

Paul
So all their saying with that statement is they won't warranty an aftermarket exhaust. Any post catalytic converter exhaust cannot void a warranty. They can choose not to warranty the OEM part that was removed once an aftermarket exhaust is installed, but they cannot void anything in the exhaust system that is in front of an aftermarket exhaust. You can check out the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, but this is how dealerships push OEM Performance parts. It is an empty statement by them. When it comes to intakes that is different, but for exhaust go with what makes you happy
Old 05-07-16, 09:13 PM
jakuum
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a pretty darn good price for the exhaust installed. Which dealership gave you that quote if ya don't mind . In the DFW area and am looking to have the F-sport exhaust installed as well. And yea they can't void the entire exhaust warranty because of an aftermarket exhaust install. Magnuson Moss Warranty Act and whatnot .