Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

does upgrading f sport performance exhaust need a facial plate?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-16, 04:27 PM
tjltjl888
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does upgrading f sport performance exhaust need a facial plate?

Hi all,

I have a 2016 lexus is 350 f sport, and I am planning to get my exhaust system upgraded to f sport performance one. The dealer's quote has a facial plate listed and he claimed that in order to install the performance exhaust they need to install the facial plate as well for a perfect fit. I have never heard of that before and I am quite suspicious about that. Is he lying to me? Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks!
Old 04-29-16, 05:43 PM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What the heck is a facial plate and why are you letting the dealer do it? take it some where else for a fraction of the labor rate.
Old 04-30-16, 12:24 AM
tjltjl888
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vivid101
What the heck is a facial plate and why are you letting the dealer do it? take it some where else for a fraction of the labor rate.
Hi, thanks for your suggestion. Do you know where I can buy the factory performance exhaust? Sewell has shut their online store now..
Old 04-30-16, 08:42 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by tjltjl888
Hi, thanks for your suggestion. Do you know where I can buy the factory performance exhaust? Sewell has shut their online store now..
But not their parts department...

Give them a call
Old 04-30-16, 10:28 AM
Vivid101
Pole Position

www.ebay.com has had a few decent prices on the Fsport exhaust in the past.
Old 04-30-16, 09:46 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The lowest price I could find new for a factory F-sport axle back was on eBay. You'll only throw away money if you buy it from the dealership yet alone let them install it too.
Old 05-01-16, 12:38 AM
leo877
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I paid independent shop 80 bucks to install mine. That was directly replace the stock exhaust. You wont need facial plate and I dont know what it is either
Old 05-03-16, 09:44 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure what the facial plate is but it might be needed to make sure the exhausts line up straight. I had the dealer install my F-Sport performance exhaust for $100 and the tail pipes were quite a bit off for some reason. The tech and service adviser looked shocked when I pointed out after the delivered the vehicle. They had to bend the exhaust hangers a little to get them lined up.

I found my exhaust off ebay back in Jan 2015 for $850 shipped off a lease return. Looked brand new.

Last edited by HanaleiISF; 05-03-16 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-05-16, 10:55 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't need it. I installed the exhaust myself and didn't use it. Bought it from a Lexus dealership on eBay. $1000 at the time. Anyways the 2IS and 3IS are know for having oem f sport exhaust back alignment issues. I had some. My right exhaust would be slightly lower than my left, I could tell by the tips. Just make sure you install the exhaust in the same order which part you connect first, ect. Also don't bolt everything completely down on one side, tighten it just not all the way. Look at the back to make sure it lines up and tighten each side accordingly. Also, makes sure to mark each rubber hanger's position and orientation off the oem exhaust. I think there's like 6 hangers total. Get someone to help you install it, so you don't risk dropping and scratching that beautiful polish metal.
Old 05-09-16, 11:37 PM
tjltjl888
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by leo877
I paid independent shop 80 bucks to install mine. That was directly replace the stock exhaust. You wont need facial plate and I dont know what it is either
I have got mine from eBay for 1150 including tax. That is the cheapest one I can get. For installation do you think dealer is probably going to do a better job because they are more specialized in Lexus? To be more specific is installation complicated?
Old 05-09-16, 11:39 PM
tjltjl888
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
You won't need it. I installed the exhaust myself and didn't use it. Bought it from a Lexus dealership on eBay. $1000 at the time. Anyways the 2IS and 3IS are know for having oem f sport exhaust back alignment issues. I had some. My right exhaust would be slightly lower than my left, I could tell by the tips. Just make sure you install the exhaust in the same order which part you connect first, ect. Also don't bolt everything completely down on one side, tighten it just not all the way. Look at the back to make sure it lines up and tighten each side accordingly. Also, makes sure to mark each rubber hanger's position and orientation off the oem exhaust. I think there's like 6 hangers total. Get someone to help you install it, so you don't risk dropping and scratching that beautiful polish metal.
Thanks for your reply. What is 2IS and 3IS? I am not so familiar with the terms. And btw is installation hard? Should I get dealer to do the work or any random shop? Is dealer better at this?
Old 05-10-16, 05:43 AM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Thanks for your reply. What is 2IS and 3IS? I am not so familiar with the terms. And btw is installation hard? Should I get dealer to do the work or any random shop? Is dealer better at this?

2IS - 2nd generation IS

3IS - 3rd gen which is what you have

Installing this exhaust is easy. I did a Fsport exhaust install on my buddies over the weekend. It took us about 2 hours working slow. 20 minutes of that was adjusting/straightening it once it was mounted.