Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

125 dry shot installed. W O W

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 11:16 AM
colinodon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 125 dry shot installed. W O W

At first I was a noob to power adders. I bought a custom x pipe setup and nitto 555g2s for the rear tires and my Lexus went from 14.6 @ 95 to a 14.3 @ 97. It's. Dead hook on street tires so I decided maybe this car does have a somewhat anemic v8 engine. It's nice and high output... But this engine is better matched to a lighter car. I installed a neo system but it's not picking up my tps or rpms so I took it to a man named Jtran.... Wanted 150 to install the neo properly per hour minimum 2.5 hour job and another 350 to dyno tune. Ha ha. For something that is already 95% installed. An American car tuner I accidentally went to suggested I install a nitrous kit for 750 installed. I went for that route because I'll have turbo or super hp at the press of a button. I called around asking for a kit and found a dry kit from cold fusion for 370 even. Opted for the upgraded bottle size for 430 even. I won't bore you with the installation details. Just Teflon taped every fitting, ran the bottle line to the solenoid and a line from the solenoid to the bung I had to drill in the intake tube. My electrician friend gave me a huge helping hand with the electrical details. Instead of mounting the wot switch to the tb or underneath the gas pedal I decided to go with a hand held "nuke button" setup. Meaning I can apply nitrous injection when ever I press that button, as long as the solenoid is turned on.

I tried it for the first time and wow... Before this was a slow car... A loud v8 running 14.3 isn't acceptable. Maybe a clapped out fox body. Now I can tell you my car is well into the 13s range and below 5s 0-60 will be possible with radials... Best bang for the buck. A 100 dollar 15 lbs bottle refill will last a very long time. And the radical power increase means I can take full advantage of the fact that automatics are in the next gear before the current gear is up. My revs don't fall down anymore on gear shifts but instead float downward to 5k and then back up again... Currently saving up for a new transmission which will be in my future. Lmao.

Sorry for the wall of text I'm a little hungover
Old 04-12-16, 11:33 AM
colinodon
Rookie

Shoot me a pm if you want help installing a kit of you ever decide to. I won't be of much help with a wet kit but I installed a dry kit really well
Old 04-12-16, 12:24 PM
colinodon
Rookie

Nobody cares? No wonder why gs400s have no aftermarket just a couple of 10000 dollar boutique turbos or supercharger kits...actually pretty depressing oh well that's why we have daytime drinking.
Old 04-12-16, 12:31 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by colinodon
I won't bore you with the installation details.
Please do! Pics!!??

I am very interested in a 75 shot.

Why not go with ZEX?
-Jake
Old 04-12-16, 01:54 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by colinodon
Nobody cares? No wonder why gs400s have no aftermarket just a couple of 10000 dollar boutique turbos or supercharger kits...actually pretty depressing oh well that's why we have daytime drinking.
Dude since your posting this stuff partially drunk, I sure hope you didn't just get home from the bar driving your nos gs while still buzzing..

You posted only an hour before and now expect a tons of replies on this slow moving forum, when you typed a 'wall of text' which most people just don't read ramblings written like that or reply to them in the first place?

Nothing wrong with nitrous, nor nitrous on a 400, it's a strong motor and can take a fair amount of abuse. But now you can beat all them kids in a straight line with their k20 swapped hatches, just do it sober please.

Those boutique twin charger kits work 100% of the time across all driving situations, and don't require $100 refills. Yes they were $10,000 solutions back when the 400/430 was $50,000 new. They are used kits now and cost significantly less. Although, yes they are low boost and not alot of hp-for-the-price.

Originally Posted by GSJake
Why not go with ZEX?
-Jake
Sounds like he was looking for the cheapest option. And the Zex is a few hundred more with a 10lb bottle and he got a 15lb.

Plus with the Zex your paying for the safety control module that use the electrical tps signal to trigger for more accurate control.

As he just put a push button to a solenoid to shoot anytime he presses the button, so he doesn't have any sort of safety integration nor precise rpm control..

Last edited by 99 GS3; 04-12-16 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-12-16, 04:51 PM
colinodon
Rookie

Yeah I have a budget kit. Basically shoots nos on your throttle body. No I don't race or drive drunk.
Old 04-12-16, 04:58 PM
colinodon
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSJake
Please do! Pics!!??

I am very interested in a 75 shot.

Why not go with ZEX?
-Jake
I decided to go cold fusion because they are local in Houston all parts are US fabbed.
Attached Thumbnails 125 dry shot installed. W O W-image.jpeg  
Old 04-12-16, 05:00 PM
colinodon
Rookie

One pic at a time from my phone ?

Note this is their pre install position . They are functioning but not mounted. I recommend using that coin tray
Old 04-12-16, 05:04 PM
colinodon
Rookie

Where the power and nitrous run through. The lines fit through the hole many stereo installers use for amp power
Old 04-12-16, 05:06 PM
colinodon
Rookie

After the maF and before the throttle body
Old 04-12-16, 05:25 PM
mistagill
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats sick! Post some videos!
Old 04-13-16, 08:48 AM
colinodon
Rookie

Ill post videos today if I can find a dry area it's been a little rainy
Old 04-13-16, 09:24 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

super clean install............good job.

Last edited by sakataj; 04-13-16 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-13-16, 01:27 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

zip ties are over rated...
Old 04-14-16, 12:07 AM
colinodon
Rookie

Not finished installing... Those pics were to show my layout

Quick Reply: 125 dry shot installed. W O W