Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TTFS Tune for the IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-16, 10:37 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TTFS Tune for the IS250?

Heeeey guys..... I know this sounds crazy but with all the fuss about the ISF ecu being cracked and tuneable, it looks like this is opening the door for more tuners to come and try and sell products for our cars.

Apparently TTFS has a tune for the ISF that gained about 20ish whp, and also have just completed a tune for a 2007 AWD IS250 that gained 14whp. Now after losing hope like the rest of this forum time and time again I began to think that we would never see a tune for our cars and I had grown to accept that. But with RR Racings tune now out for the ISF it seems like there's hope for our cars after all. But they still need time to tune our 250 and 350's since they require months of testing.

Now suddenly out of the blue comes this tuner company that claims they have these new tunes for not only the ISF but the 250, 350 and IS200t. So as the skeptic I am I am really really doubting this is true. Yes, I really want it to be for real but I just can't bring myself to believe this till I see proof.

What do you guys think? Is the real deal? Or is this another temporary and fake tune that will go away within a month?

Will this be a true tune like what (hopefully) RR racing is making? Or will it be another Road Race Motorsport kind of thing?

Last edited by Tro209; 02-02-16 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-03-16, 07:05 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I think its a great time to be driving a Lexus! These tunes are definitely the real deal. The RR racing tune for the ISF with a full bolt on setup actually gave that car 50whp/50ft lbs of torque. Rafi and the RR Racing team actually owns a shop car IS F. Other tuners coming out of the wood work won't know the platform like Rafi does. As the protocols are getting out there, more and more tuners are jumping on the band wagon as our market is basically untapped. TTFS is owned by Frank Smith. He's legendary in the Bimmer platform and is shifting his focus to Lexus. They posted a dyno sheet on the is250 you mentioned. They also stated the car is a daily and they weren't aggressive with the tune. It picked up some nice gains for a stock car. In my opinion, hold off and wait to see what Rafi can deliver....being that the man actually put a lot work into our brand and understands whats at stake. I think the results will be priceless! Nonetheless we can finally make our rides a bit more fun to drive!

Last edited by SoulFreak; 02-03-16 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-03-16, 09:37 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah my idea was to wait for RR racing first and then go from there. It would be nice if this tune was legit though. But either way I'm still doing other mod to my car right now anyway so I wouldn't be buying a tune until later in the year anyway. Right now my focus is on an aftermarket 12" Subwoofer and midpipe
Old 02-17-16, 01:24 PM
shelby250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
I think its a great time to be driving a Lexus! These tunes are definitely the real deal. The RR racing tune for the ISF with a full bolt on setup actually gave that car 50whp/50ft lbs of torque. Rafi and the RR Racing team actually owns a shop car IS F. Other tuners coming out of the wood work won't know the platform like Rafi does. As the protocols are getting out there, more and more tuners are jumping on the band wagon as our market is basically untapped. TTFS is owned by Frank Smith. He's legendary in the Bimmer platform and is shifting his focus to Lexus. They posted a dyno sheet on the is250 you mentioned. They also stated the car is a daily and they weren't aggressive with the tune. It picked up some nice gains for a stock car. In my opinion, hold off and wait to see what Rafi can deliver....being that the man actually put a lot work into our brand and understands whats at stake. I think the results will be priceless! Nonetheless we can finally make our rides a bit more fun to drive!
Hi I had my 250 tuned by Frank a few weeks ago. I think that may be the car you are referring too. His shop was the nicest I have ever seen and he did have some bmw's and other cars there like Porshe and a Viper. He seemed extremely knowledgeable, way above what I know. Any ways I had good experience and will write a review when I have a chance so people can see what I saw when I went there.
Old 02-19-16, 09:33 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by shelby250
Hi I had my 250 tuned by Frank a few weeks ago. I think that may be the car you are referring too. His shop was the nicest I have ever seen and he did have some bmw's and other cars there like Porshe and a Viper. He seemed extremely knowledgeable, way above what I know. Any ways I had good experience and will write a review when I have a chance so people can see what I saw when I went there.
Yep! You're the one! I also just commented on your review. I'm glad you got the tune. The journey to seek more power has commenced! Shoot videos if possible and report back after several hundred miles. I'm not sure if for the ISx50 but for the F, the ecu needs to adapt to the changes. Meaning driving it more aggressively in 4th-6th gear for example. This way it relearns and gets faster every time. Either way, no matter what anybody saids, if you can make your car funner to drive by all means continue to do so.
Old 02-23-16, 10:42 AM
DVS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprise there isn't an Official company out there that have done/proven this as of yet. Especially for the 250 model which definitely lack in the HP/torque and is the majority on the road since 06!!
My 2006 TSX had an Hondata ECU Re-flashed back in early 2007, too bad the IS is still being work on