Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-17, 11:41 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
just get an invidia mid pipe painless and its not very expensive plus its wider pipes and better flow
Oh i am happy with my stock exhaust system lol, we are just trying to clarify if there are "secondary catalytic converters".
Old 07-26-17, 11:58 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
I paid $80 to have them removed because I thought the same. The kid just doesn't want to listen. I'm 100% certain these are completely hollow, free-flowing resonators
Do you even know what a resonator looks like? Lets place a bet that inside this thing you think is a resonator and whoever is wrong will paypal the other $20? But before we place this bet lets make some ground rules so there is no question to what this is exactly.

1. I'm betting on inside is the same honey comb material found insise our primary catalyst converters and is Not hollow with baffles around it with packing material.

I will go in the morning to my muffler guy and have him cut them off and weld a straight pipe in and shoot a pic. Put up or shut-up time kid...
My RC-F was setup the exact same way from lexus and that's how I know for sure but hey what do I know... lol

Last edited by cosmo1; 07-26-17 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-26-17, 12:11 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Do you even know what a resonator looks like? Lets place a bet that inside this thing you think is a resonator and whoever is wrong will paypal the other $20? But before we place this bet lets make some ground rules so there is no question to what this is exactly.

1. I'm betting on inside is the same honey comb material found insise our primary catalyst converters and is Not hollow with baffles around it with packing material.

I will go in the morning to my muffler guy and have him cut them off and weld a straight pipe in and shoot a pic. Put up or shut-up time kid...
My RC-F was setup the exact same way from lexus and that's how I know for sure but hey what do I know... lol
Please send money to "friends and family" so you guys avoid PayPal fee's.

Come on guys ,lets be cool.
Cosmo, if you do get it done i am interested to know whats it in, thank you.
Old 07-26-17, 12:17 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Appointment set for 8am will keep you posted.. Sheddy you seem like a cool guy and none of that was directed at you btw. Don't know why people just cannot be civil on forums before resulting in name calling and generally acting like a *****.. This will be settled tomorrow regardless if he wants to put his money where his mouth is..
Old 07-26-17, 12:24 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Appointment set for 8am will keep you posted.. Sheddy you seem like a cool guy and none of that was directed at you btw. Don't know why people just cannot be civil on forums before resulting in name calling and generally acting like a *****.. This will be settled tomorrow regardless if he wants to put his money where his mouth is..
I totally understand. We're all in this to learn, so keep us posted.
Old 07-26-17, 12:28 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

This is exactly what it will look like just to be clear...

Check out the this video set on a Mercedes:

This is not what I would do but you get my point..
Attached Thumbnails IS200t tune-factory-catalytic-converter.jpg  

Last edited by cosmo1; 07-26-17 at 12:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (07-26-17)
Old 07-26-17, 12:35 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

This is exactly what it will look like just to be clear...
Yea that's definitely restriction.
Old 07-26-17, 01:06 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

I understand backpressure on forced induction and non-forced induction cars and the biggest restriction would be the primary cats with the sensors before and after. Turbo cars need no back-pressure and help in in the efficiency of the turbo the more you free up back pressure. My last car I built 2 motors because I blew the first built one due to melting #1 cylinder racing a McLaren p80. I then have a machine shop in tampa fl design a closed deck block for my application because the car needed the addition support at over 800 whp on e85. My setup was a single turbo precision Twin Scroll 6466 mated with a OS Gieken stage III clutch and 1200cc ID injectors, custom 10.1 cp pistons. Keep in mind that was on my old Nissan 370z. My car before that was a 350z if which a had a twin turbo setup which made around 550whp on 93 pump gas. I did my own motor swap in a 2 car garage along with the clutch install and changed the exhaust on the 370z about 6 times before I was satisfied with the noise and performance.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nphu...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by cosmo1; 07-26-17 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-26-17, 01:18 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Yea that's definitely restriction.
It's a restriction, but in the end, it actually ends up in preventing a restriction... in people's breathing. Excellent invention! =P

I remember driving around in a friend's 690whp supercharged E90 M3 w/o cats. And after driving around, (and during) we smelled like we were soaked in gas. The entire interior stank. You felt the soot and grease on your face. Engines are disgustingly dirty things. Cats help. A lot!

Old 07-26-17, 01:20 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

I guess we are all going to Hell!!!!!! lol
Old 07-26-17, 01:26 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT

At least my down pipe is catted, so i don't feel too bad! lol
Old 07-26-17, 01:54 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

good! I like understated cars. You have cats and a stock muffler right. So you're not obnoxious or smelly. Good traits to avoid if you have friends and loved ones!
Old 07-26-17, 03:00 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

mine does smell like fuel too but its barely noticeable and not all of the times mostly when i drive when my windows down and i come to a stop in case any of you guys are wondering.
Old 07-26-17, 03:47 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Haha freak, I'm not worried. Show me a picture of these both catted, side by side and ill gladly pay you. Let me know if you wanna do double $40 via paypal

I think you're madly confused lol. You're saying there's 2 cats on the downpipe and then two more after the downpipe? That would be a total of 4 cats, tf
Old 07-26-17, 05:41 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

So now I'm a Freak? Damn have you been talking to my wife? lol
Sure lets do $40 but hey since your so confident lets raise the stakes to $100 and go ahead and send the money to sheddy so he can hold the money until he sends it to me? I'm going to let you in on a little hint there cuzz, most resonators are longer due to being able to have more packing inside to actually Resonate Noise from the exhaust. Different lengths depending on how much sound dampening you prefer. Do yourself a favor and look further down the exhaust right before you get to the muffler on this car and you will see actual resonators but what I want you to look at is the length. The picture you sent is Way too small to be resonators...
Sheddy if you don't mind and willing to indulge us both send us your paypal address and lets get this party started if he agrees.....

Quick Reply: IS200t tune