Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-18, 08:58 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Not sure if they are running a scam lol. I've heard from other members that they are known for BMW tuning, but i wasn't able to find any reviews or feedback from the 200t tune.
i have tried them and ended up getting a refund
Old 05-29-18, 09:22 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
i have tried them and ended up getting a refund
At least they gave you the refund!
Old 05-29-18, 09:59 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

**I wanted to repost this since theres more traffic in this thread. I didn't want to overstep on TTI's hybird turbo progress.**

I found another tuning company in Taiwan called JRC motorsports (JRC DPtec) on facebook that did a hybrid turbo (larger inducer). Pretty interesting stuff.

Company states that this is WHP.

They seem to have 2 versions of their hybird turbo.

Difference between the stock and hybird turbo inducer.

Last edited by Sheddy; 05-29-18 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-29-18, 11:54 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

If these numbers are true then that proves the turbo is the limiting factor in the 8AR and not some mystery black magic in the ECU. Pretty sure I'm owed an apology by a user on here but doubt I'll receive it.
Old 05-29-18, 12:13 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

turbo and probably intercooler. that thing is small and will get heat soaked fast. i wonder if that taiwan company modified the intercooler? i'd like to see them get those #s with a heat soaked engine bay w/ closed hood. (still nice to see progress)

I'd probably wouldn't be comfortable with any more power than that though. That torque seems a bit high... you start asking for broken parts when you have that much torque on a car not really designed for it.
Old 05-29-18, 01:04 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
turbo and probably intercooler. that thing is small and will get heat soaked fast. i wonder if that taiwan company modified the intercooler? i'd like to see them get those #s with a heat soaked engine bay w/ closed hood. (still nice to see progress)

I'd probably wouldn't be comfortable with any more power than that though. That torque seems a bit high... you start asking for broken parts when you have that much torque on a car not really designed for it.
The Intercooler on our car is not small actually by air-water standards and the heat exchanger is more than adequate at the front. Maybe just alter the coolant flow where the turbo uses engine coolant instead of the intercooler system and runs the pump at a higher speed. I'm curious about the turbine size and trim. there is no way they didn't increase the turbine size and get those numbers.

Keep in mind the transmission is the same unit used in the RC-F and RR-racing is pumping 700+ HP through them.
Old 05-29-18, 07:27 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
If these numbers are true then that proves the turbo is the limiting factor in the 8AR and not some mystery black magic in the ECU. Pretty sure I'm owed an apology by a user on here but doubt I'll receive it.
the turbo is definitely a direct relation to what’s been holding us back. I’d like to point out that this same company has hit 252whp and 289wtq on the stock turbo with a downpipe. We’ve been using TTI motorsports as a guideline so we took 240whp/270wtq fbo, as if that was the max tune based off of what TTi told us. This company has had better success with the ecu tune rather than the turbo being the full excuse
Old 05-29-18, 07:36 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
The Intercooler on our car is not small actually by air-water standards and the heat exchanger is more than adequate at the front. Maybe just alter the coolant flow where the turbo uses engine coolant instead of the intercooler system and runs the pump at a higher speed. I'm curious about the turbine size and trim. there is no way they didn't increase the turbine size and get those numbers.

Keep in mind the transmission is the same unit used in the RC-F and RR-racing is pumping 700+ HP through them.
I don’t foresee us having torque issues. We wont have any issues with the transmission that’s for sure. This company calls they’re turbo upgrade stage three, giving you the modified turbo, tune, downpipe and intake. They’re hitting 331whp & 345whp on the stock intercooler. It’s actually very hot in Taiwan so our intercooler isn’t holding us back much not to say a big fmic wouldnt help
Old 05-29-18, 07:49 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL

I don’t foresee us having torque issues. We wont have any issues with the transmission that’s for sure. This company calls they’re turbo upgrade stage three, giving you the modified turbo, tune, downpipe and intake. They’re hitting 331whp & 345whp on the stock intercooler. It’s actually very hot in Taiwan so our intercooler isn’t holding us back much not to say a big fmic wouldnt help
ive tried to contact the company as well and havent had any luck. Where is everyone finding the information at? Anyone found any pricing yet?
Old 05-29-18, 08:18 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Just talked to them.lol. The stage 3 tune and turbo upgrade runs 2700. Still working on getting more information.
Old 05-29-18, 08:20 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
ive tried to contact the company as well and havent had any luck. Where is everyone finding the information at? Anyone found any pricing yet?
They have quoted me $2700 for the upgraded turbocharger and ECU tune. A bit steep, but they are the only company offering this package at the moment. They also informed me that they are using a different tuning program. I will try to get some more information and i've also asked them to join the forum so lets see.
Old 05-29-18, 08:31 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

They have quoted me $2700 for the upgraded turbocharger and ECU tune. A bit steep, but they are the only company offering this package at the moment. They also informed me that they are using a different tuning program. I will try to get some more information and i've also asked them to join the forum so lets see.
per talking to them the kit comes with a modified turbo. No core charge or sending in yours for update. Explains part if the pricing.
Old 05-29-18, 08:43 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
per talking to them the kit comes with a modified turbo. No core charge or sending in yours for update. Explains part if the pricing.
Yea definitely! A low mileage turbocharger goes for $600+. I would really like to know the tuning program that they are using on the Stage 3. I've asked to test their Stage 2, but still waiting for a price on that.
Old 05-29-18, 08:45 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Yea definitely! A low mileage turbocharger goes for $600+. I would really like to know the tuning program that they are using on the Stage 3. I've asked to test their Stage 2, but still waiting for a price on that.
their stage 2 tune is o ly 10 more hp then what im laying down right now from what the rep told me.
Old 05-29-18, 08:56 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

**I wanted to repost this since theres more traffic in this thread. I didn't want to overstep on TTI's hybird turbo progress.**

I found another tuning company in Taiwan called JRC motorsports (JRC DPtec) on facebook that did a hybrid turbo (larger inducer). Pretty interesting stuff.

Company states that this is WHP.

They seem to have 2 versions of their hybird turbo.

Difference between the stock and hybird turbo inducer.
Bro can you share the link with us, lemme try to get to the bottom of this and see how real is that coz am ordering one if it is

Quick Reply: IS200t tune