Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-18, 10:48 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Fowl, seeking more power is fine; however, I think you're being impatient and antagonising the other main contributors to thread unnecessarily.

I agree that we would all enjoy more power, but Tony/tuners are not working on this ECU 8 hours a day, 5 - 7 days a week. They also tune other cars, so it makes more sense to sit on your hands and see it as a present when a new revision/stage is released. Poking them about the next release constantly will not make it appear any faster.

As for staying on topic, does the next step look like unlocking ECU limitations (which seem to be removable through bench flashing?) or is it still a hybrid turbo swap? It looks like the last few pages have been a bit of both.
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (01-27-18)
Old 01-26-18, 11:06 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
Fowl, seeking more power is fine; however, I think you're being impatient and antagonising the other main contributors to thread unnecessarily.

I agree that we would all enjoy more power, but Tony/tuners are not working on this ECU 8 hours a day, 5 - 7 days a week. They also tune other cars, so it makes more sense to sit on your hands and see it as a present when a new revision/stage is released. Poking them about the next release constantly will not make it appear any faster.

As for staying on topic, does the next step look like unlocking ECU limitations (which seem to be removable through bench flashing?) or is it still a hybrid turbo swap? It looks like the last few pages have been a bit of both.
You could say I’m pretty impatient over a year maybe isn’t terriblely long. I’m fine with being the only one that says it how it is. It doesn't matter ill be sure not to say it a 3rd time.

Old 01-27-18, 01:09 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL

I hope you don’t detour clubmembers or future club members from wanting to ask questions or help. Whats so aggressive about pointing out we’ve only gained 10whp here in the last two years, you’re taking it personal and I don’t think it’s your place. It’s not completely irrational to bring it up. It’s clear we can’t communicate without conflict so let’s not
agreed please don’t refer to me or any of my posts in the future
Old 01-27-18, 09:03 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
As of now Tony is working on unlocking the limitations of the ECU. I am not sure what the process would be, but I am hoping it can be done via OBD flash. I want to say that Stage 2+ is not at its full potential until we get this resolved.
Zahabriel (01-28-18)
Old 01-27-18, 09:16 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Well, i'm not rich enough to change my car for the foreseeable near future, so i will wait and see what options tuners and piggyback boxes have for me. More power is of course nice, but i bought Lexus not for outright power.
IS200TFOWL (01-27-18)
Old 01-27-18, 10:04 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Well, i'm not rich enough to change my car for the foreseeable near future, so i will wait and see what options tuners and piggyback boxes have for me. More power is of course nice, but i bought Lexus not for outright power.
As far as piggyback systems go there’s no updates. Terry from Burger Tuning mentioned that if the sales of their BMS Stage 1 exceeded then they would consider doing a Stage 2, but I doubt they are flying off the shelf even though they have a really good product. Re- flash tuning on the other hand is still in the research and learning process, but getting better. The good thing is that those who have already spent money on re- flash tuning will get updates once new information is found.

The following 4 users liked this post by Sheddy:
IS200TFOWL (01-27-18), matttev (01-27-18), Zahabriel (01-28-18), zhifan1 (01-27-18)
Old 01-29-18, 01:08 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Cool

Hey guys, managed to get a nice snap of what to come

Look at these babies....Prototype 1 and testing will start in the coming week
Stock Hybrid 😎

Again right side is the TTI Hybrid Turbo, with Turbine wheel cutback, left is stock

Last edited by Nuke; 01-29-18 at 03:30 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Nuke:
loophole35 (01-29-18), Sheddy (01-29-18), TTITony (01-29-18), Zahabriel (01-29-18)
Old 01-29-18, 04:24 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Awesome stuff, it looks great.

Last edited by Sheddy; 01-29-18 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-29-18, 07:05 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

New dyno from OV Tuning on a 16 200t. This is in their reflash tab (website is all screwed up right now). https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...e-package-2015

Now I don't know the particulars on this but they claim up to 24psi. the looks of the graph indicat the turbo is still dropping off after 4200RPM. We need to all understand at this point this turbo CANNOT hold any more than 16 PSI through out the entire RPM range. I don't think it's a software lock, but just a turbo that is designed for quick spool up and mid-rang power.

Here's to TTI on the hybrid turbo upgrade.
Old 01-29-18, 08:00 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loophole35
New dyno from OV Tuning on a 16 200t. This is in their reflash tab (website is all screwed up right now). https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...e-package-2015
Now I don't know the particulars on this but they claim up to 24psi. the looks of the graph indicat the turbo is still dropping off after 4200RPM. We need to all understand at this point this turbo CANNOT hold any more than 16 PSI through out the entire RPM range. I don't think it's a software lock, but just a turbo that is designed for quick spool up and mid-rang power.

Here's to TTI on the hybrid turbo upgrade.
Thanks.

OV's results looks similar to my BMS Stage 1 where there's not much gain under the curve up top.

What we are questioning is why club member Nuke with Stage 2+, stock turbo and FBO was able to achieve 260whp 290wtq on a Mustang dyno and we didn't come close to those results.
loophole35 (01-29-18)
Old 01-29-18, 08:01 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

This dyno shows the boost peaking at 19.2psi (tq) holds 15psi (hp)This is basically the same dyno he sold me on 4-5 month ago. Matt isn’t a man of his word and that’s been proven. About as bad as they come. Tti quoted holding 15 psi on the high end results in more than 265whp. However OV wants to claim 16 is the max it will hold? If that’s true show then show us a dyno that proves it. The dyno he’s showing you is realisticly peaking 17-18 psi and holding 12-13 on the high end. OV wants to claim these “turbo limits” when he hasn’t even come close. I think Matt’s problem is that he can’t make any further advances with his tuning software so rather than being transparent he’s going to lie to you...
Old 01-29-18, 08:17 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
This dyno shows the boost peaking at 19.2psi (tq) holds 15psi (hp)This is basically the same dyno he sold me on 4-5 month ago. Matt isn’t a man of his word and that’s been proven. About as bad as they come. Tti quoted holding 15 psi on the high end results in more than 265whp. However OV wants to claim 16 is the max it will hold? If that’s true show then show us a dyno that proves it. The dyno he’s showing you is realisticly peaking 17-18 psi and holding 12-13 on the high end. OV wants to claim these “turbo limits” when he hasn’t even come close. I think Matt’s problem is that he can’t make any further advances with his tuning software so rather than being transparent he’s going to lie to you...

Dude you really need to CHILL. You're own graph shows above 16PSI until 5500RPM then drops no lower than 15.5PSI. I never claimed the Turbo WILL HOLD 16PSI. I said, "We need to all understand at this point this turbo CANNOT hold any more than 16 PSI through out the entire RPM range."

The inlet on the turbo is only 40mm in size and gets shoved through a 36mm outlet on the turbo. the flow rate of this turbo is maxing out. The ECU is requesting more boost but the turbo CANNOT provide it. Look at your own boost graph. It's a peak then a gradual drop off.

@Sheddy.
Likely due to differences in DYNO used Mustang and Dynojet calculate things different.

Everyone needs to remember that horsepower is a fake number that is calculated off of torque. It is nothing more than an equation determined by the Torque curve.

Last edited by loophole35; 01-29-18 at 08:26 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by loophole35:
LexSense (01-29-18), Nuke (01-29-18), Sheddy (01-29-18)
Old 01-29-18, 08:28 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by loophole35
Dude you really need to CHILL. You're own graph shows above 16PSI until 5500RPM then drops no lower than 15.5PSI. I never claimed the Turbo WILL HOLD 16PSI. I said, "We need to all understand at this point this turbo CANNOT hold any more than 16 PSI through out the entire RPM range."

The inlet on the turbo is only 40mm in size and gets shoved through a 36mm outlet on the turbo. the flow rate of this turbo is maxing out. The ECU is requesting more boost but the turbo CANNOT provide it. Look at your own boost graph. It's a peak then a gradual drop off.

@Sheddy.
Likely due to differences in DYNO used Mustang and Dynojet calculate things different.

Everyone needs to remember that horsepower is a fake number that is calculated off of torque. It is nothing more than an equation determined by the Torque curve.
I agree we are reaching our turbo’s limit i feel it with the power my cat is putting down
Old 01-29-18, 08:35 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke

I agree we are reaching our turbo’s limit i feel it with the power my cat is putting down
Yea, its only so much we can get from the OEM spec turbo. Im guessing you're on the Stage 3 waiting list? lol
Old 01-29-18, 08:40 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Yea, its only so much we can get from the OEM spec turbo. Im guessing you're on the Stage 3 waiting list? lol
For the stock turbo Nuke's numbers are what one would expect for the bolt ons being realistic with our turbo capacity. To us that would be a little more because we do dynojet. so after that obviously next step would be the hybrid turbo upgrade.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune