Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-17, 11:12 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
Plus I disagree with both of you on the tune not being torquey...this was my stage one with complete straight pipe but I below few solenoids, will try to have a new dyno done....mind you this is on a mustang Dyno

is that TTi stage1? the torque number is impressive but whp..... try to grt the stage2+tune wirh FBO and see ehat will be the power we can really extract from this 8ar.
Old 12-27-17, 11:50 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
is that TTi stage1? the torque number is impressive but whp..... try to grt the stage2+tune wirh FBO and see ehat will be the power we can really extract from this 8ar.
ya planning to get that done soon, just ordered a new vacuum regulator to replace my 5th one and will run a dyno afterwards
Old 12-28-17, 12:10 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Plus I disagree with both of you on the tune not being torquey...this was my stage one with complete straight pipe but I below few solenoids, will try to have a new dyno done....mind you this is on a mustang
I remembered this. My car didn’t make as much in the torque department. With Stage 1 I actually got 243wtq and with Stage 2 273wtq (with downpipe). If I made 278wtq on a bone stock engine with the BMS then I am hoping that now I should be beyond the 300wtq mark. I am just testing out other tunes that are available. I was lucky enough to test the prototype for BMS, but didn’t get to see how it does with bolt ons.
Old 12-28-17, 04:08 AM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Isn't the IS turbo new? What are you guys doing breaking "vacuum regulators"? lol. These are supposed to be the most reliable cars around, not Dodges lol. Quit breakin **** lol. And if you want real power, all you need is a catless (obviously) down pipe, a tune, and meth injection. Then again you guys are going to have to get rid of the ultra low profile cool guy tires at that point because you'll never plant that power to the ground. Just remember your reliability mods for the summer months, as racing around with increased boost in the heat will really start to slow things down. (and accelerate dry rot under the hood as well)
Old 12-28-17, 04:57 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Plus I disagree with both of you on the tune not being torquey...this was my stage one with complete straight pipe but I below few solenoids, will try to have a new dyno done....mind you this is on a mustang Dyno

Wasn’t this one of the first maps tony gave you to show you there really was power but then he reversed it. I remember you posting this the first time. This further supports that TTi is saving the power for the ‘hybrid’ turbo, sounds like TTI already has your deposit seeing how invested you are. Either way if it really is true then it really really irritates me that TTI would do such a thing by regulating the tune. how much time and money has been wasted at our expense just waiting for a tune that should have already been there, almost a year? It’s just how they do business over seas and I see right through it especially when they some what control the entire market, like a monopoly, no offense but they’ll suck us dry and kill us with kindness. 290wtq means the turbo peaked but didnt hold as much boost which is why tq is a lot higher than hp.

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 12-28-17 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-28-17, 05:21 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Buddiiee
Isn't the IS turbo new? What are you guys doing breaking "vacuum regulators"? lol. These are supposed to be the most reliable cars around, not Dodges lol. Quit breakin **** lol. And if you want real power, all you need is a catless (obviously) down pipe, a tune, and meth injection. Then again you guys are going to have to get rid of the ultra low profile cool guy tires at that point because you'll never plant that power to the ground. Just remember your reliability mods for the summer months, as racing around with increased boost in the heat will really start to slow things down. (and accelerate dry rot under the hood as well)

Yeah 255s won’t fully hook with 280-300wtq. Personally I upgraded my rears to 285s so hopefully on a deflated tire I can still hook. Bad news is I don’t think we can fit any bigger than 285s.
I really think the whole “throttle response” thing can theoretically be narrowed down to opening the wastegate sooner which directly effects the vacuum regulator. Makes sense why we have so many vacuum regulators going out. The vacuum regulator regulates how fast the turbo comes on under low rpm by opening the wastegate sooner which could fix some of the “throttle response” but in turn it looks to be causing more problems than it helps.

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 12-28-17 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-28-17, 05:57 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Well the regulator breaking part could be due to the fact that Lexus opeted to have it made by VW in Germany
I agree the 255s are not enough the tail is pretty loose

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Wasn’t this one of the first maps tony gave you to show you there really was power but then he reversed it. I remember you posting this the first time. This further supports that TTi is saving the power for the ‘hybrid’ turbo, sounds like TTI already has your deposit seeing how invested you are. Either way if it really is true then it really really irritates me that TTI would do such a thing by regulating the tune. how much time and money has been wasted at our expense just waiting for a tune that should have already been there, almost a year? It’s just how they do business over seas and I see right through it especially when they some what control the entire market, like a monopoly, no offense but they’ll suck us dry and kill us with kindness. 290wtq means the turbo peaked but didnt hold as much boost which is why tq is a lot higher than hp.
It amazes me how much you know about cars yet ypu choose to be ignorant sometimes, but I guess you know what they say about opinions

I was very clear that am running a straight all the way, hell my car sounds like a drag car which explains the TQ since i have no back pressure, but anyways I decided earlier that arguing with you is futile...And honesly i don’t think TTI or any tuner in the world would waste time with regulating the tune based on customer liking, except if it was a custom tune which its not in our case, am not advocating for anyone am just basing my judgment on personal experience, I have used a piggy back and the power i had is no where near the same now....you believe what u want buddy, And if you are right about the “hidden” power under our hoods then I hope someone finds a way to unleash it soon TTI, OV or whoever

Last edited by Nuke; 12-28-17 at 06:01 AM.
Old 12-28-17, 06:16 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Well we all know that the mustang dyno reads lower than the dynojet so those numbers could be higher than this (up to 15%) that picture is the one that got my hopes up and sadly so far with all bolt ons only at 275 wtq. Technically back pressure will give even more torque and you surefeel it. i had my car straight piped for like a week and when i put the axleback on the difference could be felt instantly the car had more punch.
So i have to agree that if Nuke got to 295wtq in a hot weather with straight pipe. They might be holding a more "riskier" tune.

I'm still disappointing about my last dyno numbers and i wont do anything until i see real results. let see how it goes with sheddy and the BMS box if its not good i will just wait until january to have it dyno tune i think.
Old 12-28-17, 06:34 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daniellina
Well we all know that the mustang dyno reads lower than the dynojet so those numbers could be higher than this (up to 15%) that picture is the one that got my hopes up and sadly so far with all bolt ons only at 275 wtq. Technically back pressure will give even more torque and you surefeel it. i had my car straight piped for like a week and when i put the axleback on the difference could be felt instantly the car had more punch.
So i have to agree that if Nuke got to 295wtq in a hot weather with straight pipe. They might be holding a more "riskier" tune.

I'm still disappointing about my last dyno numbers and i wont do anything until i see real results. let see how it goes with sheddy and the BMS box if its not good i will just wait until january to have it dyno tune i think.
I will run another Dyno in the same place so we can have comparative info with the same setup

You are right about restriction giving more tq but thats on big setup not our tiny blower
Old 12-28-17, 07:16 AM
busy0201
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering to use an external ecu from European company putting 300 hp at the wheels and 430 nm on ron 98
Old 12-28-17, 08:10 AM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina

No-not true on the "backpressure" myth. "Backpressure" only gives a tad more torque at lower speeds/rpms on NA cars. On a turbocharged car the turbo itself is, and always be a massive restriction, giving alllll the backpressure you could ever want. If you switched exhaust components allowing a significant change in restriction and turbo spool speeds/boost pressures without a calibration change, then that's why you may have felt a change. Although I'm a bit confused on your original statement. You said: "Technically back pressure will give even more torque and you surefeel it. i had my car straight piped for like a week and when i put the axleback on the difference could be felt instantly the car had more punch." which I took to mean you had a straight pipe on (which only means a cat was yanked and a straight pipe retrofitted) THEN you installed an axle back after, and you LOST a touch more backpressure, but you said you felt more punch, meaning the opposite of the opening statement of "backpressure will give even more torque."... What really happened here? You're representing both sides of the comparison lol.
In summation I can tell you this; if you ran stock exhaust with a tune, you'd feel a certain amount of extra kick in the seat dyno. If you ran a catless DP then retuned FOR that dp, there's no way in hell you'd feel a loss of torque in the lower RPM bands. If you did, the tune wasn't close to your engine's airflow characteristics; something was a tad off. I say that because I couldn't see the tuner not taking advantage of the quicker spooling characteristics of the increased flow rate unless he did it to save your rear tires from breaking loose at a higher than idle rpm launch, which some customers request (myself included) as I have traction problems in one of my cars.
Old 12-28-17, 08:33 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

No-not true on the "backpressure" myth. "Backpressure" only gives a tad more torque at lower speeds/rpms on NA cars. On a turbocharged car the turbo itself is, and always be a massive restriction, giving alllll the backpressure you could ever want. If you switched exhaust components allowing a significant change in restriction and turbo spool speeds/boost pressures without a calibration change, then that's why you may have felt a change. Although I'm a bit confused on your original statement. You said: "Technically back pressure will give even more torque and you surefeel it. i had my car straight piped for like a week and when i put the axleback on the difference could be felt instantly the car had more punch." which I took to mean you had a straight pipe on (which only means a cat was yanked and a straight pipe retrofitted) THEN you installed an axle back after, and you LOST a touch more backpressure, but you said you felt more punch, meaning the opposite of the opening statement of "backpressure will give even more torque."... What really happened here? You're representing both sides of the comparison lol.
In summation I can tell you this; if you ran stock exhaust with a tune, you'd feel a certain amount of extra kick in the seat dyno. If you ran a catless DP then retuned FOR that dp, there's no way in hell you'd feel a loss of torque in the lower RPM bands. If you did, the tune wasn't close to your engine's airflow characteristics; something was a tad off. I say that because I couldn't see the tuner not taking advantage of the quicker spooling characteristics of the increased flow rate unless he did it to save your rear tires from breaking loose at a higher than idle rpm launch, which some customers request (myself included) as I have traction problems in one of my cars.
Ok Buddie let me explain what happened. a tuner with more than 20 years of experience told me that back pressure from exhaust will actually let the car make more torque true or not idk that is what he told me. when i drove the car when i had it with the catless downpipe and straight piped all the way back.it felt like less torquey than when i installed an axleback after.i bovioustly did not loose any back pressure from installing an axleback i did not write that. i think you got it wrong
Btw what mods do you have on your car and do you have any dynosheets we would like as much information and feedback as we can here. Thanks!
Old 12-28-17, 10:33 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Well the regulator breaking part could be due to the fact that Lexus opeted to have it made by VW in Germany
I agree the 255s are not enough the tail is pretty loose

It amazes me how much you know about cars yet ypu choose to be ignorant sometimes, but I guess you know what they say about opinions

I was very clear that am running a straight all the way, hell my car sounds like a drag car which explains the TQ since i have no back pressure, but anyways I decided earlier that arguing with you is futile...And honesly i don’t think TTI or any tuner in the world would waste time with regulating the tune based on customer liking, except if it was a custom tune which its not in our case, am not advocating for anyone am just basing my judgment on personal experience, I have used a piggy back and the power i had is no where near the same now....you believe what u want buddy, And if you are right about the “hidden” power under our hoods then I hope someone finds a way to unleash it soon TTI, OV or whoever

Could be? I’m looking for an actual answer and mines plausible. You don’t have to agree with me at all but stop trying to tell me I’m wrong. It’s almost like you’ll do anything to back up TTi even if your own credibility goes out the window.I’ve been doing nothing but try to help but you still wanna act like my information is wrong when you’ve experienced it first hand. To be clear I don’t need you to “agree” let’s not talk anymore expecially when you wanna dispute everything I say. Quit calling me names please.
Old 12-28-17, 10:34 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

I will run another Dyno in the same place so we can have comparative info with the same setup

You are right about restriction giving more tq but thats on big setup not our tiny blower
Hey! lets see what happens we just got to be straight with the posts and try to help as much as we can!.
You are also one of the most active members that contributes a lot.
Old 12-28-17, 11:18 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by busy0201
I'm wondering to use an external ecu from European company putting 300 hp at the wheels and 430 nm on ron 98
Interesting... it would be great if you could try it out and keep us updated I’m talking with a very reputable tuning company that should have something for us within the next few months. A lot of smoke is going to clear out soon

Quick Reply: IS200t tune