Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-17, 06:16 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
wow ! thx for your information so could you tell me what make us so far away from the N20
even we ve tuned pretty hard already?
Our platform is the same if not better internals than the N20. To be completely honest it’s our tuner (TTi) they’ve regulated it and held us back.

The consensus TTi doesn’t have a “hard” aggressive tune yet, more or less a half tune. Which somewhat irritates me especially if everyone ‘thinks’ they’re getting 20+psi tune when they aren’t. More like a 1-2 psi bump.

Considering a only 1-2 psi bump with bolt ons on a 10.1, 245whp sounds about right.
Old 12-19-17, 07:18 PM
Z3R00
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Turbo Whine / Boost pressure?

Hey guys so I've been prowling around the forums for quite a while new to post... Decided back in black friday time to get the Orange Virus tune for my brand new is200t f sport. Been monkeying with that tuning process for a while now. Apparently my ECU has an ***-backward fuel map so trying to get that sorted. Anyway, running OVtune's stage 1 and wanted to bounce the pull off you guys. This car's "whistle" is terribly loud, and looking at Sheddy / other youtube pulls I don't hear anyone's turbo whine like mine...this normal? Also for a tune (which I'm not sure if its my car with or without the tunes boost results I'm questioning) is this boost seem right or strong to you all? Also not sure how to embed the video so hopefully a link will do. -
The following users liked this post:
Sheddy (12-19-17)
Old 12-19-17, 07:21 PM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Our platform is the same if not better internals than the N20. To be completely honest it’s our tuner (TTi) they’ve regulated it and held us back.

The consensus TTi doesn’t have a “hard” aggressive tune yet, more or less a half tune. Which somewhat irritates me especially if everyone ‘thinks’ they’re getting 20+psi tune when they aren’t. More like a 1-2 psi bump.

Considering a only 1-2 psi bump with bolt ons on a 10.1, 245whp sounds about right.

As Im not good at engineering and engine at all but as the info I got from u so far sounds like
our platform still can go for much more power thats a very goodnews to me.
Maybe our intercooler is the equipment that limited us from
the power as its water-air(or air-water so confusing) maybe it needs an upgrade.

Old 12-19-17, 08:17 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

We have to acknowledge that the TTI tune was created to make extra power safely. The tuner at the dyno even said that it is very difficult to get maximum power from remote tuning more so without data logging. He uses the dyno graph as his eyes to know where needs to be fine tuned. I am thinking of testing the Burger Tuning Stage 1 again with my current bolt ons. If I made 276wtq on the stock motor at +4 psi then I should be able to make more with my current setup with a +6 psi setting.
Old 12-19-17, 09:24 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Z3R00
Hey guys so I've been prowling around the forums for quite a while new to post... Decided back in black friday time to get the Orange Virus tune for my brand new is200t f sport. Been monkeying with that tuning process for a while now. Apparently my ECU has an ***-backward fuel map so trying to get that sorted. Anyway, running OVtune's stage 1 and wanted to bounce the pull off you guys. This car's "whistle" is terribly loud, and looking at Sheddy / other youtube pulls I don't hear anyone's turbo whine like mine...this normal? Also for a tune (which I'm not sure if its my car with or without the tunes boost results I'm questioning) is this boost seem right or strong to you all? Also not sure how to embed the video so hopefully a link will do. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wai0m6VKIFU
Do you happen to have an open cone filter? My car whistles at times, but because I am running the stock air box it keeps the turbo acoustics down. The boost seems to be reading right, are you running a stock down-pipe?

Here’s a quick picture of Daniellina (white) and i from our Saturday hangout.
Old 12-19-17, 09:26 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Hey guys so I've been prowling around the forums for quite a while new to post... Decided back in black friday time to get the Orange Virus tune for my brand new is200t f sport. Been monkeying with that tuning process for a while now. Apparently my ECU has an ***-backward fuel map so trying to get that sorted. Anyway, running OVtune's stage 1 and wanted to bounce the pull off you guys. This car's "whistle" is terribly loud, and looking at Sheddy / other youtube pulls I don't hear anyone's turbo whine like mine...this normal? Also for a tune (which I'm not sure if its my car with or without the tunes boost results I'm questioning) is this boost seem right or strong to you all? Also not sure how to embed the video so hopefully a link will do. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wai0m6VKIFU
Do you have the sound control option? Idk, It spooled for the first gear you hit but not in the other gears.
Old 12-20-17, 02:33 PM
Z3R00
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Sheddy (Daniellina looks nice too, Mine's named Elise ) Stock everything short of a tune so far... First thing I did was just get a tune, and was going to see how the rest of the changes went from there. So it definitely should be quieter and I'm not crazy..got it.
As far as the boost as speed / rpm increase the boost seems to taper off and seem low that's what I was curious about too. Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it.
Old 12-21-17, 01:53 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Thanks Sheddy (Daniellina looks nice too, Mine's named Elise ) Stock everything short of a tune so far... First thing I did was just get a tune, and was going to see how the rest of the changes went from there. So it definitely should be quieter and I'm not crazy..got it.
As far as the boost as speed / rpm increase the boost seems to taper off and seem low that's what I was curious about too. Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it.
The only reason OV can’t get much further is because he doesn’t dyno tune. It’s more of a work in progress. I also noticed they’re datalogging didn’t work very well and expired after a week lol. I would just wait for him to get some extended dyno time. Not to get confused, he probably already lightly dyno tuned our car. Could’ve came up with his results within less than an hour but who knows... Usually dyno shops charge by the hour. I would think it could take atleast 2-3 weeks with hours on hours at the dyno, that’ll really turn it up.
Old 12-21-17, 09:01 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Well guys i dynoed the same day as well to be honest i forgot to take a picture of the graph but the gains were also 1whp and like 3wtq or something like that, the curve looked almost the same and we dynoed like 10f less than last time and less humidity so i guess i can attribute that to the almost non existent gains. Since last time i have a charge pipe and the turbo mufler delete. I have to say the car does feel faster and is faster down the track but I have to agree that 243 whq and 277wtq for a 2.0t full bolt ons on 93 octane is really low. if the burger tuning got the same wheel torque with a completely stock car thats kind of sad tbh. All of this supportive mods to basically gain 30whp that on a turbo car can be 100% attributed to just the bolt ons without the tune. i beleive that with a proper tune we can reach higher numbers with either a really good piggy back like the bms that works perfectly fine on bmw's. or with a dyno tune. So soon one way or another we are going to have results. because at the end of the day if i'm going to have on a turbo car downpipe charge pipe full exhaust intake even a turbo muffler delete to not see proper results its kind of fckd up. lets be straight N/A cars with full bolt ons gain around the same amount of hp. This engine is definitely not even close to its potential. and the N20 is a clear example.i'm not looking for crazy numbers but damn at least 280whp or something to feel that is worth it....
Old 12-21-17, 09:27 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

^I hear you man. Spend $400 on a box and have a fun little "perk" and be done with it, IMO. But still very interested to see what you guys can do!

Still fascinated to see what this engine can do and what its limits are but so far FBO/Tune seems to be outdone still, by a stock 328i or IS350. But hey where there's money, there's a way! lol

As far as N20 goes, people are finding that beyond 299 whp is asking for trouble. So maybe benefit from their misfortune as the engines seem similar enough.
Old 12-21-17, 09:57 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by daniellina
Well guys i dynoed the same day as well to be honest i forgot to take a picture of the graph but the gains were also 1whp and like 3wtq or something like that, the curve looked almost the same and we dynoed like 10f less than last time and less humidity so i guess i can attribute that to the almost non existent gains. Since last time i have a charge pipe and the turbo mufler delete. I have to say the car does feel faster and is faster down the track but I have to agree that 243 whq and 277wtq for a 2.0t full bolt ons on 93 octane is really low. if the burger tuning got the same wheel torque with a completely stock car thats kind of sad tbh. All of this supportive mods to basically gain 30whp that on a turbo car can be 100% attributed to just the bolt ons without the tune. i beleive that with a proper tune we can reach higher numbers with either a really good piggy back like the bms that works perfectly fine on bmw's. or with a dyno tune. So soon one way or another we are going to have results. because at the end of the day if i'm going to have on a turbo car downpipe charge pipe full exhaust intake even a turbo muffler delete to not see proper results its kind of fckd up. lets be straight N/A cars with full bolt ons gain around the same amount of hp. This engine is definitely not even close to its potential. and the N20 is a clear example.i'm not looking for crazy numbers but damn at least 280whp or something to feel that is worth it....
The smoke is starting to clear. YOUR ABSOLUTELY correct +30whp should be done with bolt ons alone. Personally I think I think TTI more or less just supports our bolt ons and with maybe a 1psi bump. Even on stage two I only ever hit 17 maybe 17.5 psi. to bad they market 20+ psi when they don’t even get close, this can be very misleading to new buyers thinking they’re getting 20+ only because they don’t know the difference between target and actual. Theyre saving the power for people that’ll spend the money on they’re ‘hybrid’ turbo. It’s pretty evident
The following 2 users liked this post by IS200TFOWL:
daniellina (12-21-17), imyang (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 10:53 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

The smoke is starting to clear. YOUR ABSOLUTELY correct +30whp should be done with bolt ons alone. Personally I think I think TTI more or less just supports our bolt ons and with maybe a 1psi bump. Even on stage two I only ever hit 17 maybe 17.5 psi. to bad they market 20+ psi when they don’t even get close, this can be very misleading to new buyers thinking they’re getting 20+ only because they don’t know the difference between target and actual. Theyre saving the power for people that’ll spend the money on they’re ‘hybrid’ turbo. It’s pretty evident
I mean i'm not looking for some crazy numbers or for stuff that can't be done i only want results. more so after all this bolt ons. so dyno tune will be because if you dont get a proper tune or something that gives you actual results the bolt ons dont make any sense.
You tried the BMS piggyback right ?. The bms sure gives results to the n20 and gave sheddy a good amount of torque but not even more 5whp. so... idk lets see but most likely dynotune will be the answer and then we'll see real results.
Old 12-21-17, 11:14 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by daniellina
I mean i'm not looking for some crazy numbers or for stuff that can't be done i only want results. more so after all this bolt ons. so dyno tune will be because if you dont get a proper tune or something that gives you actual results the bolt ons dont make any sense.
You tried the BMS piggyback right ?. The bms sure gives results to the n20 and gave sheddy a good amount of torque but not even more 5whp. so... idk lets see but most likely dynotune will be the answer and then we'll see real results.
I think TTIs “tune” mainly supports the bolt ons preventing CELs etc. rather than actually being a full tune. Look we don’t have a modern day evo so asking for 400-500whp is unreasonable.Our platform should be able to safely handle 300 maybe 350whp. Pushing anymore than 400whp could be a tickin time bomb. I wouldn’t push our pistons past 400whp unless you have some forged pistons like an EVO
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 11:16 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Yes, im using the bms powerbox and the reflash. I’m stacked up bro
Old 12-21-17, 11:22 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Yes, im using the bms powerbox and the reflash. I’m stacked up bro
only at 4 more psi? or you bumped it up?. you should dyno test it so we can see the difference with the bms.

And btw my vacuum regulator is perfectly fine and it was at the time of the dyno.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune