Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

roots blown gs430

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 06:24 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

where is the freaking 'Like'/'Thanks' button on this damn forum...
Old 11-16-15, 07:37 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Update!

So I finally started chopping up the 2uz aluminum manifold. Its trickier than I was anticipating, due to how Im going to mount the fuel rails but I figured it out. Probably tomorrow Im gonna run by a metal fab shop that has a water cutting table so I can cleanly cut the eight intake runner holes and trim the aluminum plates I have. Its coming along nicely. I've already bought the split second auxiliary injector controller for two low impedance injectors to spray fuel in the intake of the supercharger. next is the enricher module to help fuel ratio in closed loop.
Attached Thumbnails roots blown gs430-11-16-15-029.jpg   roots blown gs430-11-16-15-012.jpg   roots blown gs430-11-16-15-014.jpg   roots blown gs430-11-16-15-031.jpg   roots blown gs430-11-16-15-018.jpg  

Old 11-20-15, 05:30 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

coming along nicely. im excited.
Attached Thumbnails roots blown gs430-11-20-15-001.jpg   roots blown gs430-11-20-15-002.jpg   roots blown gs430-11-20-15-004.jpg  
Old 11-21-15, 11:36 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

pure awesome lol.... cant wait...
Old 11-23-15, 09:13 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

me too... if you can get this produced, i'll just keep my GS and toss the idea of trading it in for a CTS-V... i test drove a Vagon on Saturday and that boost was unreal... i'm getting the itch...
Old 11-23-15, 05:43 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

do not mod your lexus. it will never end and you'll always have issues. these cars were not made to be messed with. the only reason I can't stop doing it is because im hard headed and ive already been thru a bunch of cars over the last five years when I should of just bought an 08 Chrysler 300 srt8 black on black. buy a car that is fast from the factory. just my thoughts. itll save you a lot of time, and money, and fights with wife.
Old 11-23-15, 06:02 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
do not mod your lexus. it will never end and you'll always have issues. these cars were not made to be messed with. the only reason I can't stop doing it is because im hard headed and ive already been thru a bunch of cars over the last five years when I should of just bought an 08 Chrysler 300 srt8 black on black. buy a car that is fast from the factory. just my thoughts. itll save you a lot of time, and money, and fights with wife.
This is true. Thanks for your honesty for people that don't know. I owned alot of past cars that were heavily modified including superchargers, they always ended up with problems. That's why when I modded my GS, I modded everything around the engine. My goal was to make my car the best it could be without Forced Induction, and 16 years later, absolutely no problems with my car.. Only thing is all the money I've spent I could have bought an AMG E55, which would decimate me in stock form.

My friend who owned like 30 Porsches, always told me. ""Don't mod, If you want a faster car than buy one that's faster.."" But modding the GS was hard to resist when the GS and toyota aristo was so hot back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I don't regret it. I still love my car and still own mine.

Word of advice to others that haven't mod much yet.. Don't mod.. Enjoy the car for what it is, if you don't then buy another one you would enjoy better.
Old 11-23-15, 09:09 PM
Zoolander
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I do agree, some mod for the pleasure of modding. Common sense has nothing to do with buying aftermarket car parts. Buying a faster car is common sense but not what makes an enthusiast an enthusiast.
Old 11-23-15, 11:44 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4

While I do agree with what you guys are saying, but to ME I love the 2GS platform and enjoy driving the V8 rear wheel drive sedan. Now I'm not modding it (performance wise) to be the fastest car on the road or to be racing at every stop light but I do enjoy from time to time smashing on the gas and hearing it roar. Having it supercharged would just be the cherry on top and I think a correct set up done right with low boost would not affect the longevity of our engines.

I know guys on here that are/were trying to get the most hp and fastest times out of the V8's but at that point I think it would be a waste of money and time. If I was shooting for that then obviously I would go for a 2JZGTE swap or LS.
Old 11-24-15, 09:07 AM
Zoolander
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. There are cars built to go fast and cars that aren't. If anybody on here is like me and did the 4 cylinder thing way back when, you had to reinvent physics to get a square shaped VW faster than a fox body 5.0. You either spent 12k on a B16A and had three roommates and a Civic that was now impressively fast or you spent 3k on an older V8 with spray and ran 10s like it was meant to do it from factory all along.
Old 11-24-15, 04:31 PM
Adrianr447
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's get an update if possible please, lol. I'm in Houston, I'll need a manifold as well once you're done making stuff work. Thanks!
Old 11-24-15, 08:20 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Default update

Well Im not ***** footing around with this build but thanksgiving is around the corner and Christmas is coming and my wife wants an expensive gift. so I have to figure out how her gift doesn't touch my car stuff. lol lol lol. I had to make some clearance cuts to the manifold before I had it welded up. and im glad I did. I kept looking at my engine than at the manifold than realized the back two coolant pipes were even with the back mounting bolts on the cylinder heads the manifold would have been secured by. easy fix, I had to cut angles on the bottom plate than move the walls to follow. so the lower plate doesn't look rectangular anymore but more like a trapezoid. but atleast now I won't have any surprises when I go to install it. another thing im figuring out is, the supercharger has an eight rib pulley on it. sure I cold use it for good, ive seen lots of guys on planet soarer do it but that's ghetto. ill need a six rib but don't wanna waste money on one yet incase this setup doesn't work out. but I need the pulley on there so when I go to mock up a drive belt to the supercharger I can make marks for where to put the bolts for the supercharger. Ill keep pics coming.
Old 11-24-15, 08:56 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

found some videos I shot when I was running the turbo.
and this one is even better.
Old 11-25-15, 09:58 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I still have a few friends in Atlanta like you BlackGs, A few of the OG guys have/had the Rod Millen Supercharger and turbo on their V8. A few did the single turbo on the GS300 too. Some of them are still around, just driving their cars. I still know one or two that is still going to shows and hangouts. Its definitely cool to see you taking up the Gear head place, I've always wanted to see a Roots blower on the GS's...
Old 11-28-15, 08:37 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by clos430
While I do agree with what you guys are saying, but to ME I love the 2GS platform and enjoy driving the V8 rear wheel drive sedan. Now I'm not modding it (performance wise) to be the fastest car on the road or to be racing at every stop light but I do enjoy from time to time smashing on the gas and hearing it roar. Having it supercharged would just be the cherry on top and I think a correct set up done right with low boost would not affect the longevity of our engines.

I know guys on here that are/were trying to get the most hp and fastest times out of the V8's but at that point I think it would be a waste of money and time. If I was shooting for that then obviously I would go for a 2JZGTE swap or LS.
what he said

Quick Reply: roots blown gs430