Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport drop in air filter... or the alike...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-16, 06:38 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any inputs?
Old 03-02-16, 12:01 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by asiandavid

It doesnt close completely is that normal

Another pic with it not fully closed
I have my stock intake with the f-sport filter sitting in a box, so I took it out to check and yeah pretty much similar gap you are seeing.

I also took out the f-sport filter element and just tried closing the stock box without a filter and yeah pretty similar gap still - perhaps a minuscule amount less gap, but yeah in other words I believe it's just the structure of the stock intake box, and you have a perfectly normal setup.

Old 03-10-16, 05:25 PM
harkirath
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to the people over at L parts world and they said the F Sport Filter is a little bit bigger than the normal filter. They mentioned the F Sport cover is a little bit larger to accommodate the difference in filter size.

Is this valid or was the individual trying to sell me on getting the whole kit?
Old 03-10-16, 08:01 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered the F-sport air filter only for the stock air box. Even if it's slightly bigger it should still fit properly with a little coaxing.
Old 03-24-16, 05:47 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Update: F-Sport air filter is a direct drop in for the stock non-F airbox and no air gaps or clearance issues.

Last edited by Fsportme; 03-24-16 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-17-17, 09:36 AM
Gtti
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does F sports filter fits Is200T?
Old 03-18-17, 09:25 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

can anyone post video sound of "Drop in Air filter" using stock intake box and tube ? do they make bigger sound than stock air filter ? i like to have that sound like whole intake kits but i'm lazy to do the installation, i just wanna drop in just the K&N or Fsport air filter not sure if they gives good noise like the full kit.
Old 03-18-17, 06:11 PM
gianttama
Driver School Candidate

Is the f sport filter washable/reusable like k&n? Have a 16 350 awd non f, thinking to get the f sport filter or the KN? Can anyone tell what the real difference between the 2?
Old 03-18-17, 06:18 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gianttama
Is the f sport filter washable/reusable like k&n? Have a 16 350 awd non f, thinking to get the f sport filter or the KN? Can anyone tell what the real difference between the 2?
K & N filter is oiled, F sport filter is not.
Old 03-19-17, 10:31 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
can anyone post video sound of "Drop in Air filter" using stock intake box and tube ? do they make bigger sound than stock air filter ? i like to have that sound like whole intake kits but i'm lazy to do the installation, i just wanna drop in just the K&N or Fsport air filter not sure if they gives good noise like the full kit.
No sound difference
Old 03-21-17, 01:55 AM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by harkirath
I talked to the people over at L parts world and they said the F Sport Filter is a little bit bigger than the normal filter. They mentioned the F Sport cover is a little bit larger to accommodate the difference in filter size.

Is this valid or was the individual trying to sell me on getting the whole kit?
I purchased the FSport filter and dropped it into my stock airbox. I did have a little gap issue others have stated and shown. As long as you can get the clips on and in place you'll be fine. I even went a step further and cut out a hole like the FSport box has in the lower front to get that extra air. Also I purchased an HPS intake tube from eBay. What I like about the HPS intake is it allows you to still install the sound resonator that the sock intake tube has. I am on my 1st full tank of gas with this setup, so I can't report any mpg differences yet. So I have the stock airbox with the FSport filter and HPS intake. Saved about $100 doing this vs buying a full FSport intake.
Old 03-22-17, 02:10 PM
gianttama
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by evltwn
I purchased the FSport filter and dropped it into my stock airbox. I did have a little gap issue others have stated and shown. As long as you can get the clips on and in place you'll be fine. I even went a step further and cut out a hole like the FSport box has in the lower front to get that extra air. Also I purchased an HPS intake tube from eBay. What I like about the HPS intake is it allows you to still install the sound resonator that the sock intake tube has. I am on my 1st full tank of gas with this setup, so I can't report any mpg differences yet. So I have the stock airbox with the FSport filter and HPS intake. Saved about $100 doing this vs buying a full FSport intake.
so i can just swap the tube w/ the stock one? i have 16 350 awd non f. or does it have to be the f sport trim?
Old 03-22-17, 06:10 PM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by gianttama
so i can just swap the tube w/ the stock one? i have 16 350 awd non f. or does it have to be the f sport trim?
They do sell the HPS intake pipe for non-FSport cars. Do a quick search on ebay, and you'll find them. Very easy to install too.
Old 03-25-17, 08:18 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
No sound difference
Thank you, what about if we buy the whole F-sport kit ? same sound to stock still ?
Old 04-19-17, 07:16 AM
mastalex
Driver School Candidate

How do you like it? Any noticeable increase in power? Any change to the way it sounds?

Originally Posted by evltwn

Quick Reply: F Sport drop in air filter... or the alike...