Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ETC-i/DBW Throttle 'Sticking'

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-15, 12:31 PM
afree
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETC-i/DBW Throttle 'Sticking'

I tried searching for this but no luck. I got my Aristo swap done a few months ago. Everything was good with the throttle (idle, revs etc.) until I reset the ECU (had to swap out the battery). This was the first time the ECU has been reset since the swap. This morning on my way to get tuned, I started the car and the idle immediately jumps to 3000 RPM then slowly settles to about 1500rpm. My tuner only adjusted TPS since that was off and now it idles and acts like it should, except the throttle sticks at 2500 RPM or so (and bounces about 300rpm) while driving. It happens randomly. mainly while cruising. I noticed that the little idler adjuster screw was adjusted (I know this is a no no). Could this be causing my issues? This did not happen until the ECU was reset. Is there a way to go about fixing this?

Thanks.

Last edited by afree; 03-14-15 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-27-15, 09:50 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My car is doing similar stuff. It's currently at my mechanics getting looked at. I'll post what the solution is if he can figure it out!
Originally Posted by afree
I tried searching for this but no luck. I got my Aristo swap done a few months ago. Everything was good with the throttle (idle, revs etc.) until I reset the ECU (had to swap out the battery). This was the first time the ECU has been reset since the swap. This morning on my way to get tuned, I started the car and the idle immediately jumps to 3000 RPM then slowly settles to about 1500rpm. My tuner only adjusted TPS since that was off and now it idles and acts like it should, except the throttle sticks at 2500 RPM or so (and bounces about 300rpm) while driving. It happens randomly. mainly while cruising. I noticed that the little idler adjuster screw was adjusted (I know this is a no no). Could this be causing my issues? This did not happen until the ECU was reset. Is there a way to go about fixing this?

Thanks.