Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Bank 1 Rich on IS300 Turbo

Old 12-08-14, 01:34 PM
2JZNOSH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank 1 Rich on IS300 Turbo

So my car ran perfectly fine before installing the turbo kit onto my car. Now that everything is installed i started haven drivability issues after haven the AEM FIC controller mapped for the size injectors i was running. So i took my car back down to stock injectors with the AEM unplugged. So basically its just a IS300 with a turbo kit on it. But the problem is im getting codes for random cylinder misfire, cylinder 1 2 3 misfires. Those are the only codes. I have installed new Oxygen Sensors for both banks but still have same issue. Car stutters real bad untill you go full throttle or get rpms above 3200. The Fuel Trims are SFT #1 -14.09 LFT #1 -25.02 SFT #2 -5.48 LFT #2 0.75. Both Sensors are installed within 2 inches of each other in the down pipe so i am completely lost to what is causing my problem. Even have a toyota technician stumped to what is going on. Any help would be much appriciated.
Old 12-10-14, 04:50 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JZNOSH
So my car ran perfectly fine before installing the turbo kit onto my car. Now that everything is installed i started haven drivability issues after haven the AEM FIC controller mapped for the size injectors i was running. So i took my car back down to stock injectors with the AEM unplugged. So basically its just a IS300 with a turbo kit on it. But the problem is im getting codes for random cylinder misfire, cylinder 1 2 3 misfires. Those are the only codes. I have installed new Oxygen Sensors for both banks but still have same issue. Car stutters real bad untill you go full throttle or get rpms above 3200. The Fuel Trims are SFT #1 -14.09 LFT #1 -25.02 SFT #2 -5.48 LFT #2 0.75. Both Sensors are installed within 2 inches of each other in the down pipe so i am completely lost to what is causing my problem. Even have a toyota technician stumped to what is going on. Any help would be much appriciated.
First off, you can't reliably tune one of these cars with a piggyback, it just doesn't work.

What happens when you reset the factory ECU? Does it drive ok for any period of time at all? How long before the check engine light comes on?
Old 12-10-14, 02:15 PM
2JZNOSH
Driver School Candidate

Car will drive for maybe 30-45 mins before it noticeably starts messing up after resetting ecu. Check engine light does not work so not sure on that part.

I have heard great things about the things that you can do with these cars on piggy back now but my problem is not with that part even hooked up.
Old 12-10-14, 02:48 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Evertone that claims the piggybacks work great ends up going standalone or selling the car soon after because they can't get issues like this sorted out.

What it actually sounds like is happening is an issue with the mass air flow sensor.

You said it was reverted back to stock though, do you have all 4 o2 sensors in place?
Old 12-11-14, 05:02 AM
2JZNOSH
Driver School Candidate

The mass air flow sensor has been changed and issue still comes back after short period of time after driving. I am only running the upstream sensors because I do not have any cats on car so running downstream sensors is pointless in my opinion. I did have to extend the wires for the mass air meter in order for the plug to reach the new location of the sensor and to be out of the way for the entrance to the turbo. The wires have been soldered so unless the fact that I used a 16 gauge wire for the extensions where the factory harness wires are about a 22 gauge wire or so then that shouldn't be my issue either.
Old 12-23-14, 12:16 PM
2JZNOSH
Driver School Candidate

still not sure what the issue was with my problem but i wanted to post the fix. I simply spliced the signal wire from b1s1 oxygen sensor into b2s1 signal wire and that fixed my problem
Old 12-23-14, 06:49 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

still not sure what the issue was with my problem but i wanted to post the fix. I simply spliced the signal wire from b1s1 oxygen sensor into b2s1 signal wire and that fixed my problem
Sorry, I assumed it was wired that way already.
Old 03-02-15, 10:21 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

You only spliced (1) wire correct? Did you do this at the ECU or did you connect the wire at the o2 sensor in the engine bay?
Old 03-13-16, 08:13 AM
Quest9081
Driver School Candidate

Check your oil control valve. Mine did the same thing and I changed all plugs, coils, cleaned throttle body, to no avail. Changed the ocv and boom