Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 08:02 AM
PhiGam27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question

I am looking into getting an exhaust shop to basically recreate an invidia mid pipe. Essentially delete the secondary cats and reduce the size of the resonator to allow more to flow through. Then, depending on the price, I would have them put performance mufflers on the axle back and throw some good looking tips on as well. However, when I took my car to the shop that I had my truck done at, they said they cannot legally remove catalytic converters. They can only swap for high-flow cats. The only thing he said that they can mess with is the axle back. My question is, should I take it to another shop to see if they will do the work that I want or should I just get the invidia midpipe and have them put a decent set of mufflers on to get it a little bit louder?

Also, a point he brought up at the shop that I cannot seem to find is will I have problems with any O2 sensors or throw any codes if I do have another shop delete the cats?
Old 07-09-14, 11:22 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Alot of muffler shops will not touch your cats due to laws and restrictions. You can ask them to make you one and have a buddy or yourself put it on. Thats what I did.
Old 07-21-14, 10:26 AM
PhiGam27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I have decided to do is to delete the secondary cats and the two mufflers and replace the resonator with a magnaflow muffler. I am trying to decide what size muffler to get now. My brother is a welder and is going to help me as much as he can as he does not have all the necessary equipment at home. However, what he cannot help with, I will have prepped and take to a shop to get welded.