Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
Old 12-16-14, 12:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

F sport Cold Air Intake -

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-12, 09:55 AM
Bowls4Days
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F sport Cold Air Intake -

Can i buy this part from the dealership and just take it home and install it myself?
I would order from Sewell, but what would be the point if i can simply get it right now from the dealership.
Old 11-10-12, 09:58 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well Sewell usually has the best prices but shipping might add like 20 bucks see if they can match there price.. But yes you can buy it from your dealer and install it yourself very easy. Welcome to the Forum.
Old 11-10-12, 10:01 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Installation is super easy, take you less than 15 mins to complete the job
Old 11-10-12, 10:05 AM
Bowls4Days
Driver School Candidate

One of the dealerships here in San Diego is selling the intake for $455, which is the same price i see on Sewell. I think i will get it at the dealership because im really excited to get this installed on my car asap!

Saw the instructions and looks like even a 10 year old can do it, no way im paying $160 for installation!
Old 11-10-12, 10:06 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Well after the clublexus discount it should be around 330 including shipping on sewell not 455 and if its Kearny Mesa Lexus they will not price match so in that case order from Sewell.
Old 11-10-12, 10:10 AM
Bowls4Days
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 600rr05
Well after the clublexus discount it should be around 330 including shipping on sewell not 455 and if its Kearny Mesa Lexus they will not price match so in that case order from Sewell.
There's a clublexus discount? how does that work? how long does shipping usually take if ordered from Sewell?
I heard a lot of bad reviews about Kearny Mesa Lexus about their service, but that wasnt worrying me since i only planned on buying parts there, i got my car from Longo originally.

But they did offer me the F sport for $455 + $168 for installation + tax.
Old 11-10-12, 10:15 AM
Bowls4Days
Driver School Candidate

I actually take that back, i just called Kearny mesa and they are selling it for $455 and installation is free!
Old 11-10-12, 10:16 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bowls4Days
There's a clublexus discount? how does that work? how long does shipping usually take if ordered from Sewell?
I heard a lot of bad reviews about Kearny Mesa Lexus about their service, but that wasnt worrying me since i only planned on buying parts there, i got my car from Longo originally.

But they did offer me the F sport for $455 + $168 for installation + tax.
shipping should only take about 3 days or so. Just go to there website and sign up i think you enter in your user name from here and it applys the discount. Plus you will avoid tax ordering from sewell. Kearny Mesa Lexus is okay just not for buying parts and as for service just depends on who you get.
Old 11-10-12, 10:44 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually take that back, i just called Kearny mesa and they are selling it for $455 and installation is free!
Save yourself some money and buy from Sewell and install it yourself.

Just a heads up: Its not a "cold air" intake. Good luck
Old 11-10-12, 11:03 AM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It boggles my mind that an intake of all things costs more than half of the price of a greddy exhaust.
Old 11-10-12, 12:02 PM
Bowls4Days
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
Save yourself some money and buy from Sewell and install it yourself.

Just a heads up: Its not a "cold air" intake. Good luck
I would so order from sewell, however in the area i live, packages that get delivered here always end up somewhere. ive received other peoples packages and others have received my packages so i dont even want that shipping issue that seems to be the case in this area. picking up the part personally from the dealer would alleviate a lot of my concerns. the extra cost is okay with me if its about convenience.

im excited to install this myself though, it will be my first mod so the fact that they are offering free installation doesnt matter to me, i want to start gaining that modding experience. good time to start with a simple intake.

also, its not a 'cold air' intake? how come its advertised as such? does it matter that its not?
Old 11-10-12, 12:19 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I would so order from sewell, however in the area i live, packages that get delivered here always end up somewhere. ive received other peoples packages and others have received my packages so i dont even want that shipping issue that seems to be the case in this area. picking up the part personally from the dealer would alleviate a lot of my concerns. the extra cost is okay with me if its about convenience.

im excited to install this myself though, it will be my first mod so the fact that they are offering free installation doesnt matter to me, i want to start gaining that modding experience. good time to start with a simple intake.

also, its not a 'cold air' intake? how come its advertised as such? does it matter that its not?
If that convenience is worth an extra ~$100 well, its up to you.

No company makes a true cold air intake for our cars because that would require drilling through metal to get the pipes to reach towards to bottom of the car.

The Fsport and JoeZ intakes are the only ones that gain 5hp guaranteed but they are very quiet. All others may gain or lose you ~5hp but are louder due to the open filter design. It depends on what your looking for. You cant feel 5hp so I decided to go with a louder intake. Its up to you.

Why is it advertised as such? To be honest, I dont know
Old 11-10-12, 12:21 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Magnussen Lexus in NORcal i believe has a special for like $315 shipped if i am not mistaken. Definitely look at the vendor section and look into that.
Old 11-10-12, 02:06 PM
Bowls4Days
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

just picked up the f sport intake and was wondering whats to be included in this kit?

i received the pipe, the air box and the filter. but i didnt receive a CARB sticker, they said it was not necessary since it is a Lexus certified part....hmmmm.

also there are no brackets or any misc parts, is anything missing in this kit that should be included?
Old 11-10-12, 02:31 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

guess you didn't get it from sewell :I i receive my sticker and all installation items needed, if you don't have the brackets just head into any auto zone they have the bracket or metal tube wrap there.

Quick Reply: F sport Cold Air Intake -