Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

is350 vs 328i and Iroc z camaro 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-14, 09:21 PM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
THIS!!! Very good points RSXiMUS!!!

For people like azfsprt, when you only drive a IS250 and then test drive a 335i thinking it will "kill" IS350. This will NOT happen. It can win but it cannot kill. Stock to stock, it is a driver's race and as some would agree, IS350 actually pulls very strong from the very beginning due to aggressive gearing. Test drive the IS350 first before bashing it.
I have driven my friends is350 and 2 of my friends 335i thank you for assuming. I have gone to a few drag racing events with them and their cars because I know my car is slow and have seen all 3 of them race together. Actual competitive events and not just for drag times. I dont just read magazines I actually drove them myself so again thanks for assuming.

RSXimus is actually close by saying the 335 has a higher torque curve making it feel a lot faster than the is350 but yes its true its tranny does helps it get down the line pretty quick.

Mong you can show me a link all you like but that doesnt prove it was all stock or any lightweight modifications occurred. My Opinion is based of my friends who have raced each other And time and time again one or the other guy beats the is350. I was there to see each car to know each one is stock.

As far as bashing you guys are the one bashing here more than me... Im entitled to my opinion regardless if i think it would kill it i think it would kill it. Its funny to see how you folks here are so defensive for something so miniscule. My main conversation was about the drag times that me and OP both misunderstood. if you guys think that is350 is king then so be it.
I WILL SAY TIME AND TIME AGAIN< READ most if not all my post...
"It all depends on the driver" I dont doubt the is350 being very fast too but at 13.2 stock... thats too much difference that something obviously is different from stock.
Old 05-01-14, 09:55 PM
azfsprt
Pole Position

I just want to clarify what i meant by it would kil it because again i have personally witnessed my friends 335i vs the is350 and the is350 get beat by 0.2s which is roughly 2 car lengths several times. For me 2 car lengths is a lot so that why i said it would kill it. I was more involved in the whole drag times thing than my opinion.

I do agree with all of you it depends on the driver completely. But again im not trying to bash im just stating my opinion based on what i have witnessed and what i have read confirmed it.
Im not bashing the is350 and im sorry if it came out thst way when i first stated my opinion. If anything i was more disappointed that our IS could not beat the 335i's but that doesnt mean that me being impressed by it means im bashing the is350 so lets all get that clear and out of all your systems.

For the record everything was a cool here until people talk down and be all high mighty by saying you just drive an is250 and dont own or have driven one and just read magazines... Its people like you that really ruin good honest conversation, opinions about things like drag racing, topics and threads like this. The purpose of a forum is to talk and give opinions about topics like this one drag racing. None of you have to be a D*ck and assume that just because i have an is250 i have never been in, test drove or even have raced an is350 before or just read magazines.. Really? Come on guys stop with that kind of bashing here especially when you are assuming things like that, its attitudes like that, that really make forum communities less and less appreciated.

Last edited by azfsprt; 05-01-14 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-02-14, 10:26 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are contradicting yourself in your own opinion. Once you said the 335i will KILL IS350. Then you said "it all depends on the driver".

Finally, I don't claim is350 is the king, I'm just saying 335i will NOT kill IS350 stock to stock.

Case closed.

Originally Posted by azfsprt
I have driven my friends is350 and 2 of my friends 335i thank you for assuming. I have gone to a few drag racing events with them and their cars because I know my car is slow and have seen all 3 of them race together. Actual competitive events and not just for drag times. I dont just read magazines I actually drove them myself so again thanks for assuming.

RSXimus is actually close by saying the 335 has a higher torque curve making it feel a lot faster than the is350 but yes its true its tranny does helps it get down the line pretty quick.

Mong you can show me a link all you like but that doesnt prove it was all stock or any lightweight modifications occurred. My Opinion is based of my friends who have raced each other And time and time again one or the other guy beats the is350. I was there to see each car to know each one is stock.

As far as bashing you guys are the one bashing here more than me... Im entitled to my opinion regardless if i think it would kill it i think it would kill it. Its funny to see how you folks here are so defensive for something so miniscule. My main conversation was about the drag times that me and OP both misunderstood. if you guys think that is350 is king then so be it.
I WILL SAY TIME AND TIME AGAIN< READ most if not all my post...
"It all depends on the driver" I dont doubt the is350 being very fast too but at 13.2 stock... thats too much difference that something obviously is different from stock.
Old 05-02-14, 10:36 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Secondly, your sole argument ground for the 335i KILLING IS350 is from the experience of seeing your friends racing each other with those 2 cars. The evidence itself has couple issues:
1. The sample size is very small. One instance seeing 335i beating a IS350 like this doesn't mean 335i will always beating IS350. Not only do you mean a little bit faster, you were inferring that 335i KILL is350 it. Some others could have seen IS350 beating the 335i too and they don't claim that the IS350 will KILL the 335i.
2. Are you sure that both of your friends have perfectly same driving skills? That is the hidden assumption behind your story.
3. Does that story actually exist?
4. Even if the story exists, how the heck can we know what exactly happen?
5. What mods do they have in their cars, what tire they are running, the weather, the whole setting all does affect the outcomes as well like what roads or track, regulations etc are not specified.

Anyways, you also said "it all depends on the driver" so in your instance, one of your friend is just a better driver
Old 05-02-14, 11:10 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Actually its funny you ask because we thought the same too that its a driver error so we actually agreed to have them switch and race against their own cars. Same result... Hence my disappointment.
Dude if case is closed to you then let it go already. You are entitled to your opinion as am I my last post was more on demeaning people who talk like they are Super genius and know everything and assume that i have never driven the is350 and just read magazines. No one hear has talk down to others just because they disagree its immature and senseless.
Yes this took place many times when their cars were still stock at Fontana and Irwindale. We even tried to go to Redding but it was too damn hot for us and the cars so we didn't.
Again my sample size is based on my eyewitness account and from what I have read. It concured obviously. Regardless if you believ me the same goes to you all too. If you chose not to believe then go ahead.
As far as your point yes there are a lot of factors involved same thing applies to everyone else here.

I think it would kill it based on my observation from all 3 drivers. I do agree a driver can change a lot of things but so far this is what i saw. Yeah same thing applies to everyone else here its based on your observation. Untill i see otherwise my point stands. Same thing with you until u personally see otherwise... Then as you put it case closed. Viola!

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Secondly, your sole argument ground for the 335i KILLING IS350 is from the experience of seeing your friends racing each other with those 2 cars. The evidence itself has couple issues:
1. The sample size is very small. One instance seeing 335i beating a IS350 like this doesn't mean 335i will always beating IS350. Not only do you mean a little bit faster, you were inferring that 335i KILL is350 it. Some others could have seen IS350 beating the 335i too and they don't claim that the IS350 will KILL the 335i.
2. Are you sure that both of your friends have perfectly same driving skills? That is the hidden assumption behind your story.
3. Does that story actually exist?
4. Even if the story exists, how the heck can we know what exactly happen?
5. What mods do they have in their cars, what tire they are running, the weather, the whole setting all does affect the outcomes as well like what roads or track, regulations etc are not specified.

Anyways, you also said "it all depends on the driver" so in your instance, one of your friend is just a better driver
Old 05-02-14, 11:33 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

FSportIS i have respect for u but dont be like the other guys.
i never said will kill it i said it would. Would and will are similar but have different connotations. I say would because i speak based on accout that i have seen it and it had happened. Will means future tense assuming or promising that it can.
Lets all just let it go because i was actually glad to discuss more on the drag racing with the op than this random bs that everyone else is so hurt about.
Old 05-02-14, 11:54 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

So in summary, here are the main points:

From you azfsprt,
1. "It all depends on the driver".
2. 335i "WOULD" (not will) kill IS350 and you have your definition of would which is different from will. This contradicts with point #1 you made.

From me:
1. Stock to stock, 335i and IS350 is dependent on the driver which agrees with your #1 point. IS350 pulls quite hard from the very beginning due to aggressive gearing while 335i has more advantage with more power band everywhere. Overall, 335i has little bit more advantage.
2. However, 335i WILL NOT and WOULD NOT kill IS350 stock to stock.

Anyways, can we say HAPPY FRIDAY now lol. Chill!
Old 05-02-14, 02:00 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yawn........