Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SuperCharger kits for 08 AWD IS250

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-13, 10:57 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't understand why anybody cares what this gentleman does to his car. OP if you have the money....go for it. That's why I can't stand the Subaru community. I am told daily that I ruined my Subaru by stancing it. To which I reply: 1. Are you making my car payment? 2. Not everyone buys a Subaru to rally it through the mud and finally 3. Get over it. It's pretty sad that people get that upset over a car that they don't even own or make payments on.

If I had the money hell yea I would do it.....in a 250. Why? 6sp that's why lol. Maybe I will just put my Subaru motor in there haha.
Old 10-10-13, 11:49 PM
WTBIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SubieChik
I don't understand why anybody cares what this gentleman does to his car.
I have a bit of knowledge with doing FI on non-FI cars, first hand knowledge with turboing hondas and some stuff that i've read about nissan KA motors, some info on turboing non turbo mitsus. I have my own copy of Maximum Boost and i have a few other books on how to tune EMS. I'm not an expert but i know enough to not blow up my own setups. I can only speak for those cars, since i have no knowledge on ISX50s and it seems that information is limited on the subject.

But anyways, one of the dangers of putting a turbo or SC on a factory non FI motor is you risk blowing the bottom end. We're not talking about adding a few degrees of camber here or upsizing some rims (then again we arent talking about adding a lot of boost either). Most bolt on turbo an SC kits have band aid type fuel management. And based on the pics i've seen of the ARMA SC kit for the IS, it looks like it uses an additional injector controller type setup. It looks like the injectors are on the intake tubing right before the throttle body. One of the downsides to this type of fuel mgt setup? possible uneven distribution of fuel to the cylinders.

I'm an overly cautious type of person and i'm probably just exaggerating the dangers. And there is probably only a small chance it could happen. But again, we arent talking about the best type of shift **** or what air intake is the best. For a stock or out of the box SC or turbo type setup probably the worst damage that could happen is some of piston lands could become cracked and maybe some of the cylinder walls could become scored. This would happen if the fuel management system were to fail, but there is a very small chance that it may happen anyways even if the fuel mgmt is working the way it is supposed to.

So TLDR if you pick the wrong car freshener the worse that could happen is your car smells like coconut instead of vanilla. The worst that could happen if an SC setup craps out?
Old 01-04-15, 05:22 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaze524
you know, i am glad most of you are trying to help, but like i said, i want to get a supercharger for the IS250. Stop with all this trade in for a IS350 crap. I want something different. I happen to like to my IS250. So if you have some suggestion to which might help, thanks, but if not then please just stop with the insults.

Thank you.
Nice reply.
Old 01-04-15, 05:29 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kaze524
you know, i am glad most of you are trying to help, but like i said, i want to get a supercharger for the IS250. Stop with all this trade in for a IS350 crap. I want something different. I happen to like to my IS250. So if you have some suggestion to which might help, thanks, but if not then please just stop with the insults.

Thank you.
Nice reply.
Old 01-04-15, 05:39 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MIA_LEX
the most logical thing for you to do is get rid of your car. Your really wasting your time with this one. spend 15k and swap a real motor if you want to be different
Some people like to spend 5K on body kits and rims, others like to spend it on power. Just sayin..