Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SuperCharger kits for 08 AWD IS250

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-13, 07:32 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

says the guy with a rep isf bumper
Old 08-25-13, 09:10 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Agreed.... I dnt see what reason boosting is250 wasting ur money but u want b different ok ? N end of the day can't out run is350 I dnt understand what u guys or ladies want to do it for wat guys like just bov sound or something ? Smh

Just buy this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Sound-Exhaust-Whistle-Fake-Blowoff-BOV-Muffler-Tip-Simulator-Whistler-ES9P-/281074718154?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41715bd5ca&vxp=mtr
Old 08-25-13, 11:56 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the most logical thing for you to do is get rid of your car. Your really wasting your time with this one. spend 15k and swap a real motor if you want to be different
Old 08-26-13, 12:52 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by genaos11
Agreed.... I dnt see what reason boosting is250 wasting ur money but u want b different ok ? N end of the day can't out run is350 I dnt understand what u guys or ladies want to do it for wat guys like just bov sound or something ? Smh

Just buy this Turbo Sound Exhaust Whistle Fake Blowoff BOV Muffler TIP Simulator Whistler ES9P | eBay
He doing it for his taste. Same can go for those running bbk on there 250. There not pushing 500+hp to need to stop on a dime tell all them member there wasting there money too. But I take it you won't.
Old 08-26-13, 04:58 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by genaos11

Just buy this Turbo Sound Exhaust Whistle Fake Blowoff BOV Muffler TIP Simulator Whistler ES9P | eBay
If your all about supporting authentic parts, thats cool. But dont go around preaching it when you have a replica ISF bumper and always avoiding answering when people ask you about it and then crying to the mods when someone tries to put you on blast.

My comment is probably going to get deleted now isnt it? Cute

And about boosting a 250.......LMAO sorry I cant help but laugh. Save your time and effort. Yeah its cool/unique to have a boosted 250, Ill give you that. But when you wont be faster than a stock 350, thats really sad. But hey, its your time/money and not mine
Old 08-26-13, 06:59 AM
stewb10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok,

Im normally pretty quiet on these subjects but I must say, let him spend his money how he wants to. It's really sad to see people disparaging each other about what parts they choose to put on their car. For what i have in my car, i couldn't quite get a stock F, but I have people who ask me why I haven't traded it in. People also ask me why i run so much camber, because I can't possibly put the power I have to the ground. However, I have 2 points.

1) I'd rather have my car, as it sits, than a stock F. I can hard park, or i can raise the rear and camber out to hit the track.

2) No number of body kits (real or fake) or wheels (real or fake) will ever snap necks of auto enthusiasts like spooling up and blowing off. Most die hard car enthusiasts respect built over bought.

That being said, bragging about how much you've spent on your car is ridiculous. If you've spent $10k more than the next guy on a car that looks the exact same, who is the idiot? Especially if you talk down on others and then turn around and do the exact same things that they do. I have ebay parts on my car. I have authentic parts on my car, i have everything in between. Isn't it more about the end result than seeing how much money you can spend on a depreciable asset?

For what its worth.

On topic, OP, you're going to have to jump through hoops in order to accomplish what you want. You're going to need a dedicated mechanic willing to do custom work ad a reasonable price to avoid paying over $100 per whp. I can honestly say that my setup was more on the order of $45/whp, including two head units, custom brackets and pulleys and two installations. You can see a little bit of the detail in my build thread. A dedicated mechanic/machinist or ability to use a CNC/mill/lathe yourself is a MUST or you will never get it running smoothly at any non-prohibitive cost.
Old 08-26-13, 07:23 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

actually i think boosting a 350 is not a horrible idea, because 350 got good performance stock to begin with and I personally like the 2IS looks better than the ISF so if I had a 350, and wanted more power, and had money to burn i'd probably boost it as well over buying isf

but a 250? the 350 looks exactly the same, if not better, with guaranteed 100hp more
yes op can do what he wants with his money, but he came here asking for advise and the best advise anyone can give him is get a 350............then boost it lol

like many people here i have both authentic and replica parts too (or had, since been parting out mods lately)
it's not a show car so to me there's no logic in spending thousands on bodykits when i can use that for other things
i'm not supporting nobody and no industry, i support my car and my wallet and find what's best for my shoes..if price different isn't that big, i'll go for auth, but if price different is huge and the rep fits like a glove then i'll go for that
for important things that matter (such as tires, suspension, etc.) i'd go for real stuff for sure

but here's the bottom line, many of us have rep parts and we admit to that
we don't try to play it off as "non-replica" because it's from a "certain vendor"

when we get called out for having rep parts, we man up and say "yes we do"
we don't go crying to mods to delet posts where facts are stated
Old 08-26-13, 07:40 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

actually i think boosting a 350 is not a horrible idea, because 350 got good performance stock to begin with and I personally like the 2IS looks better than the ISF so if I had a 350, and wanted more power, and had money to burn i'd probably boost it as well over buying isf

but a 250? the 350 looks exactly the same, if not better, with guaranteed 100hp more
yes op can do what he wants with his money, but he came here asking for advise and the best advise anyone can give him is get a 350............then boost it lol

like many people here i have both authentic and replica parts too (or had, since been parting out mods lately)
it's not a show car so to me there's no logic in spending thousands on bodykits when i can use that for other things
i'm not supporting nobody and no industry, i support my car and my wallet and find what's best for my shoes..if price different isn't that big, i'll go for auth, but if price different is huge and the rep fits like a glove then i'll go for that
for important things that matter (such as tires, suspension, etc.) i'd go for real stuff for sure

but here's the bottom line, many of us have rep parts and we admit to that
we don't try to play it off as "non-replica" because it's from a "certain vendor"

when we get called out for having rep parts, we man up and say "yes we do"
we don't go crying to mods to delet posts where facts are stated

I am always open to people and say that I have certain replica parts on my car. Someone will ask me "Where did you get your vertex front lip from?" Or "what kind of side skirts do you have?"

I will always respond by saying "I bought my replica vertex front lip from nextmod." Or "those are replica vertex side skirts from nextmod."

Either "support authenticity" and only buy authentic parts or buy whatever you feel like buying and rock those replica parts. Dont be a hippocrate.
Old 08-26-13, 08:48 AM
stewb10
Driver

I think this is the takeaway message on the parts stuff. But either way, let's not lose sight of the reason for this thread.

Having a boosted 2IS myself, i'd probably go for a boosted 250 over a bone stock 350, if they ran the same 0-60, 1/4 and trap.. Because, well.. I can. Why not be one of about a dozen in the country over being one of umpteen thousand? Built > Bought.

I didnt do anything special for ~100whp. Given the compression issues, i dont see why ~80whp in a 250 is unobtainable. And I've yet to add engine management... still trying to convince a member on here to hook me up :P
Old 08-26-13, 09:31 AM
jmb2027
Driver School Candidate

in this case op has an awd......having an awd myself i know how limited modding it can be.....i'd rather get a 350 rwd..slam it...slap on a catback and maybe boost that instead haha
Old 08-26-13, 03:01 PM
Kaze524
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the Incite.

As of right now, the only Supercharger people are using is the vortex v9, however vortex no longer makes the v9. That is the reason why i ask if anyone used a v3 sci. I only really need the brackets and piping atm. I plan on adding the supercharger later on. The current mods will be Joe Z intake/ Fsport (still deciding), HKS Hi-power axle-back, and maybe PPE awd sport headers. Btw anyone know the stats on the PPE awd sport headers? PPE had a post about it but they never responded.

Thanks.
Old 09-07-13, 01:20 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Damn, I haven't read this forum since late Winter time...not much changes!

Man, boost your any thing; it's your money. I'm all for making my ride my own...I laugh when people hate on a 12' bumper put onto an 06 or similar. Wtf cares?! I digress..

I'd agree with Stew and prefer a boosted is250 anyday over a stock is350.

My s/c advice: use a Rotrex/HKS blower...run a stacked crank pulley setup aka where your blower only piggybacks off of the stock crankpulley and not all of the factory accessory belt routing.

I have a few Procharger s/c mounting brackets in my garage should you decide to go that route.

Last edited by mikellucci; 09-07-13 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-09-13, 02:32 PM
Kaze524
Driver School Candidate

Hey mike takes for the incite, is there a huge difference on the brackets between the 3? Which one do you recommend? Which models of superchargers are you talking about? As in model number and what not.

Thanks
Old 09-09-13, 02:45 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Huge difference. The only Procharger models that fit the brackets I have left (LMS bracket) are the c1 and c2 prochargers. Any other model, brand will need a new bracket specific to the model housing.

Id recommend a rotrex/hks blower hands down. You will pay more for one but it "should" save money in the long run and produce better gains. That's speaking from hands on experience with 3 Prochargers on my car and plenty of Vortech units on local guys Scions.

Might not look like much but procharger top and rotrex bottom brackets were made for extremely specific alignment of the blower with the crank pulley:

Last edited by mikellucci; 09-09-13 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-10-13, 06:16 PM
et410114
Driver School Candidate

There is a Asia brand called ARMA. They use the Rotrex charger unit to build their supercharger kit. You may ask them.

Quick Reply: SuperCharger kits for 08 AWD IS250