Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-13, 05:42 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger ??

Hey guys, I'm from Australia and planning on taking my car a step further by supercharging it ? I've had a little chat with ARMA but was wondering if anyone can recommend any others please ?
Old 04-16-13, 05:50 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure if they sell 350s or ISFs in Australia, but I would upgrade instead of supercharging. You get more hosepower for your $$$.

Ive only seen the ARMA kit on youtube, but I know a few (and I mean a few) members here have the LMS kit (which was discontinued I believe)

Long story short, you will only have minor power gains ~40-50 hp, so you should trade up if possible
Old 04-16-13, 05:59 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Originally Posted by bob4256
Not sure if they sell 350s or ISFs in Australia, but I would upgrade instead of supercharging. You get more hosepower for your $$$.

Ive only seen the ARMA kit on youtube, but I know a few (and I mean a few) members here have the LMS kit (which was discontinued I believe)

Long story short, you will only have minor power gains ~40-50 hp, so you should trade up if possible
Yeah we do have 350's and ISF's. I was just always after something different from the usual crowd. Try to keep it different and unique if possible. Over here in Aus not many people do their 2nd gen IS as crazy as the states and I'm wanting to bring that vibe over here
Old 04-16-13, 06:13 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzy250
Yeah we do have 350's and ISF's. I was just always after something different from the usual crowd. Try to keep it different and unique if possible. Over here in Aus not many people do their 2nd gen IS as crazy as the states and I'm wanting to bring that vibe over here
Thats the attitiude that the members have here who are superchargered and I understand

Im all for being different, but I dont want to spend ~4-5K on one mod to do it
Old 04-16-13, 06:24 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Originally Posted by bob4256
Thats the attitiude that the members have here who are superchargered and I understand

Im all for being different, but I dont want to spend ~4-5K on one mod to do it
Hahaha glad that we are on the same level. Yes I got quoted about the 5k range without import tax. But was hoping if there was any other options and places to check out as I have noticed that it has been done a few times over in the states. Especially since over here the 2nd Gen IS is very common so I'm trying to keep it different as possible and of course the laws here are strict as also....
Old 04-16-13, 06:52 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

JUSt get a turbo off a gti and strap it on lol that will be different. regardless of if it works
Old 04-16-13, 07:12 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're doing it to be different like you say, go for it. But if you do want actual speed, trade in now before you get carried away, i wish i did before i was in too deep to trade up and then boost.

I have a Supercharged IS250, and it's a hell of a lot more fun than before, but of course no speed demon.

I'd suggest looking into building a kit yourself also. If you can get a shop to machine a bracket to mount the supercharger to the engine, thats really the only custom piece you need. The intercooler piping is all mostly standard bends, or something you can "make work" with standard pipes you can buy.

PM me if you have a ton of questions.
Old 04-16-13, 08:04 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Originally Posted by heyarms
If you're doing it to be different like you say, go for it. But if you do want actual speed, trade in now before you get carried away, i wish i did before i was in too deep to trade up and then boost.

I have a Supercharged IS250, and it's a hell of a lot more fun than before, but of course no speed demon.

I'd suggest looking into building a kit yourself also. If you can get a shop to machine a bracket to mount the supercharger to the engine, thats really the only custom piece you need. The intercooler piping is all mostly standard bends, or something you can "make work" with standard pipes you can buy.

PM me if you have a ton of questions.
Hey and thanks for you offering to help . I was just reading up on your thread and that is something amazing ! yes I do have a ton of questions so if you don't mind giving me a hand ? I'm definitely not after speed or else I would have gone for more of a Jap performance car but doing it just for the pleasure of having a little boost and making something out of the ordinary
Old 04-16-13, 08:05 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
JUSt get a turbo off a gti and strap it on lol that will be different. regardless of if it works
hahaha I would certainly like it to drive also XD
Old 04-22-13, 03:57 PM
2010Lex
Driver School Candidate

Hey and thanks for you offering to help . I was just reading up on your thread and that is something amazing ! yes I do have a ton of questions so if you don't mind giving me a hand ? I'm definitely not after speed or else I would have gone for more of a Jap performance car but doing it just for the pleasure of having a little boost and making something out of the ordinary
Well add me to the list about to pull the trigger on the arma sc if there are any tips you can send my/our way please feel free to do so thanks.
Old 04-23-13, 10:16 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010Lex
Well add me to the list about to pull the trigger on the arma sc if there are any tips you can send my/our way please feel free to do so thanks.
You're in NC, so my first advice is just trade in for a 350

Failing that, I'd suggest you be sure to dyno the car before and after, as there's a lot of questions regarding the real gains from the Arma setup and it'd be awesome information to be able to provide others.

In an ideal world you'll also get a few 1/4 mile runs in before and after too, there's several good tracks here in NC.
Old 04-23-13, 10:25 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

hahaha I would certainly like it to drive also XD
Oh well then that a different story
Old 04-23-13, 12:07 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought Arma stopped producing their kits? I believe they were selling their last kit or two in the vendor classifieds a while back, unless it didn't sell then, which would make sense for the price they wanted and questionable reputation.
Old 04-24-13, 02:16 AM
ozzy250
Rookie

Originally Posted by heyarms
I thought Arma stopped producing their kits? I believe they were selling their last kit or two in the vendor classifieds a while back, unless it didn't sell then, which would make sense for the price they wanted and questionable reputation.
I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said that they had a few kits left. Selling for about 4.2k as i recall it ? and towards the end of this year they will be releasing a new kit using a rotrex SC. Not too sure how this kit will go tho.
Old 05-06-13, 04:56 PM
2010Lex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2010Lex
Yeah your right when I contacted them they made me feel like I must buy the last first version at 4k or wait till the end of the year and spend 7k on the new version...Since V8 isf's seem to be hard to come by here in NC I might consider trading the ride in on another vehicle....Since they haven't posted on here this year and they dont have a state side distro...I dont think I will do business with them...

Quick Reply: Supercharger ??