Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

X pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 04:52 PM
ISFROMHELL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X pipe

Hey guys

This summer my is250 is getting a major overhaul. I am going to be putting on the universal TT kit from sts on but before I do that I need to get rid of the y pipe and replace it with a x pipe. So I can make it a true dual exhaust. Do any of you guys know anyone that sells or can make custom x pipes?

Thanks,

Tyler Batko
Old 03-23-12, 05:14 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Huh? Sounds interesting......muffler shop can
Old 03-23-12, 05:28 PM
ISFROMHELL
Driver School Candidate

I have tried almost all the muffler shops in my area and non of them were up for the task and said it can't be done. But I know it's possible
Old 03-23-12, 05:33 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

They should be able to remove the Y pipe and midpipe and replace them with with a custom dual midpipe + xpipe and have it split off to the mufflers. Someone on the forums had it done like a week ago @ an exhaust shop. Theres gotta be one around you that'll do it!
Old 03-23-12, 05:41 PM
ISFROMHELL
Driver School Candidate

Well that's good news to hear that i am not the only person to do this. Lol I have been trying for days to get a shop to do it but once I say it's a Lexus they all change there mind and say no. Do you know if joez sells just there x and mid pipe?
Old 03-23-12, 05:57 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

I don't think so, but from what I hear the JoeZ exhaust is sposed to sound freakin awesome!
Old 03-23-12, 06:14 PM
ISFROMHELL
Driver School Candidate

Dang it! Yeah thats what i been hearing. I was thinking about buying a joez exhaust but it would be some what pointless becuase I would be replacing the mufflers when I put the turbos in this summer
Old 03-23-12, 06:16 PM
ISFROMHELL
Driver School Candidate

Btw I saw you have ppe headers . Are they long tubes or shorties? Also was it worth the cost and spending the time to put them in?
Old 03-23-12, 06:25 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EDIT --

Let me put it to you this way. If you can't find a shop to make your exhaust a true dual with an x-pipe, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR "TURBOS". I would suggest you do some very lengthy reading before you even say "turbo" and "IS" in the same sentence. Seriously.

PS - I have an xpipe true dual exhaust on my 350. It was quite simple to get done.

Last edited by karasha; 03-23-12 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-23-12, 06:28 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoac
I don't think so, but from what I hear the JoeZ exhaust is sposed to sound freakin awesome!
Yes it does

And a TT... As in twin turbo? Please do your homework on that on the forums first.
Old 03-23-12, 06:38 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Haha I have to subscribe.
Old 03-23-12, 06:38 PM
ISFROMHELL
Driver School Candidate

I have been told by the owner of STS that TT and the single turbo will work and he has seen it been done on IS before. it is costly but there is a way because the the turbos are not going under the hood they are going where the oem mufflers would be it's just a lot of fab work and customization
Old 03-23-12, 06:51 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

Damn yall are brutal =P

No turbo's exist for the 2is, the compression ratio is already wayyyy to high and putting a turbo on it would blow the engine. It has been done before, and the results have not been pretty.

What you can do is put a supercharger on it for a net gain of like 40hp for over $5000. Not really worth it but if you a big baller its possible!

And my PPE headers are long tube headers and they are my favorite mod on my car, makes it sound like a beast with the f sport exhaust! The cost of them was like 800 bucks with the high temp coating, completely worth it. The install was a complete and utter pain in the f'in **** and i said I quit and took it to a shop and paid them alot of money to install it =P It hurt my pocket for awhile but the headers completely made up for it.

Best of luck to ya! If you got anymore questions i'll try and help before katie and heyarms jump all over ya like attack dogs =P
Old 03-23-12, 06:55 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a recent thread you can read over...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...a-turbo-3.html

Clark -

Last edited by karasha; 03-23-12 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-23-12, 07:27 PM
ISFROMHELL
Driver School Candidate

Apparently i was wrong thank god i didn't buy the turbos or any parts yet. i thank you guys for let me know about this and stopping me from dropping a lot of money on something that has a good chance of not working or being worth the hp/ cost factor. So really the only performance upgrades you can do are intake and exhaust on is250.

Quick Reply: X pipe