Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust Suggestions for 11 IS350 F sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-11, 10:55 PM
SWluvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick tip there mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgIEafauuRo
Old 12-30-11, 02:03 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lots of valuable information being discussed here. Thanks guys!

I recently just purchased the F sport exhaust, but am hesitating to put it on because I kinda want to sell it and use the money on something else. The exhaust is still in original packaging .. let me know if you're interested

It's just hard to know how it really sounds unless you hear in person. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with my F sport intake, since I rarely go that high RPM =/
Old 02-01-12, 06:50 PM
Royal620
Driver School Candidate

how much are you selling the f-sport setup for??
Old 02-02-12, 11:24 AM
Hoac
Pole Position

I've got PPE headers + F sport intake + F sport exhaust.

The thing I love about it is it can be a quiet as a mouse, or a loud as a lion, it all depends on how you are driving.

If you keep it under 3k rpm, which is a medium / slowish accelration (not bad for all the mass traffic in Houston) all you hear is the purr from the engine just like before I had any mods on it.
Although from 3-4k the exhaust gets LOUD (mind you this loudness is amplified by the PPE headers i would say by almost double) then from 4k->redline the intake + headers kick in and its like a very loud purring baby lion cuddle up with you.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Now just having the F sport exhaust and intake by themselves was a decent level of loud. It wasn't overpoweringly loud like it is now (love it now much more though, louder the better imo). You got a good low base tone from 3-4k then the spatter/putter of the intake above that.

People have made the comment to me that my car sounds like a Yamaha R1 mixed with a Nascar.
Old 02-02-12, 01:15 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

^ sick setup
Old 02-02-12, 11:09 PM
Kauro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoac
I've got PPE headers + F sport intake + F sport exhaust.

The thing I love about it is it can be a quiet as a mouse, or a loud as a lion, it all depends on how you are driving.

If you keep it under 3k rpm, which is a medium / slowish accelration (not bad for all the mass traffic in Houston) all you hear is the purr from the engine just like before I had any mods on it.
Although from 3-4k the exhaust gets LOUD (mind you this loudness is amplified by the PPE headers i would say by almost double) then from 4k->redline the intake + headers kick in and its like a very loud purring baby lion cuddle up with you.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Now just having the F sport exhaust and intake by themselves was a decent level of loud. It wasn't overpoweringly loud like it is now (love it now much more though, louder the better imo). You got a good low base tone from 3-4k then the spatter/putter of the intake above that.

People have made the comment to me that my car sounds like a Yamaha R1 mixed with a Nascar.
Video clip of your set up or it never happened!
Old 02-05-12, 03:50 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

Videos - Done with moonroof open

1: Through a kinda of tunnel with the top open (who knows) It also scared the shat outta the person in front of me lolol they hit the breaks and i had to slow down before i wanted to.
http://youtu.be/pJA1D2qn8-g

2: low/medium accelration
http://youtu.be/gpqg3OqG5QM

I did these just spur of the moment driving around with my android phone.

I'll get some better ones done for ya too.
Old 02-05-12, 05:01 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dorkacho
Lots of valuable information being discussed here. Thanks guys!

I recently just purchased the F sport exhaust, but am hesitating to put it on because I kinda want to sell it and use the money on something else. The exhaust is still in original packaging .. let me know if you're interested

It's just hard to know how it really sounds unless you hear in person. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with my F sport intake, since I rarely go that high RPM =/
The thing about the exhaust by itself (I put the exhaust on as my first mod) you get the low rumble from it from under 1.5k (cursing) and from 2-4k rpm so you don't have to give it alot of gas to hear the exhaust roar. The intake and headers really kick in at the higher rpm's.

If you onticed in the 2nd video above from like 3-4k you hear the exhaust mainly, then the headers/intake start to rasp over 4k
Old 02-06-12, 02:47 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome setup, sounds good ! Convinced me that much more to get the F Sport exhaust ! Got any vids outta cabin with some lite reving,, maybe even a fly by ? post them up bro ! thanks !
Old 02-06-12, 07:23 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

I have an F sport intake, and can hear it at 3k rpm
Old 02-07-12, 10:31 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Hoac thanks for the videos. Love the sound. I am def going to buy the headers once I get the money.
Old 02-08-12, 09:34 AM
yoegster
Driver

F-Sport Exhaust install in 5 days.....already have F-Sport Intake. Thanks for the vids HOAC. I won't have the headers but imagine the sound will be similar if not less, which is fine with me. Thanks HOAC. Finally a video without music playing or wind noise. Will report back after install and maybe I will try my hand at a vid.
Old 02-08-12, 09:37 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yoegster
F-Sport Exhaust install in 5 days.....already have F-Sport Intake. Thanks for the vids HOAC. I won't have the headers but imagine the sound will be similar if not less, which is fine with me. Thanks HOAC. Finally a video without music playing or wind noise. Will report back after install and maybe I will try my hand at a vid.
You will love the sound of the F-Sport Exhaust. Best mod so far that I have done to my car.
Old 08-29-13, 11:56 AM
dk206
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by langjaykev
search the forums..

but go to is.sewellparts.com for fsport parts/oem parts
register with your club lexus account for some discounts.

thatll probably be cheapest price for fsport parts compare to all the dealerships.
How do u register with club lexus account?
Old 08-30-13, 08:12 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dk206
How do u register with club lexus account?
make an account...............and add in your CL user id..........

Quick Reply: Exhaust Suggestions for 11 IS350 F sport